Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Interesting. Wouldn't he just use his Argentina passport - or does he not have one?

He wouldn't have Argentinian passport, he isn't a citizen. If he's having a passport issue then he's flying with a Canadian passport. Mercosur countries have pretty much free travel in between each other.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

That backline is still nightmare fuel. And we aren't good enough to play with two strikers and an AM and not get clobbered by better teams.

Sigh to the backline....

Who says?? Floro and his philosophies should of left when he left due to failure.

If we're going to lose due not being good enough, I rather be set up to compete/win/score goals then to sit back and get fucked like usual. The culture is changing, the attacking players are there....we just need to setup to succeed. 

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Man I don't know....But I dream of the New Canada with him in it. 

Just imagine. 

lineup.png.0db5f0286a8011fb929976d110e55a54.png

Then Ricketts and Davies (if he keeps playing like he did last night) off the bench for the last 30 to take on the tired legs of our opponents.

25 minutes ago, Kent said:

Then Ricketts and Davies (if he keeps playing like he did last night) off the bench for the last 30 to take on the tired legs of our opponents.

Akindele as a sub option too. Out wide or up front. Pretty juicy.

Edited by Obinna

It is pretty nice to see that the starting and sub players available in the front 6 are all playing regularly with their teams. If only we could have that with our defence also. We do not have any central defenders playing regularly at the moment. Henry, Jakovic, Vitoria, Edgar and Hainault all not playing. James and Lefebvre playing once in a while. Straith hopefully will get playing time. Attakora might be our only regular starting CB, and he might be more of a RB now.

Edited by Ruffian

5 minutes ago, yothat said:

Dont get why eddy edwards or masson trafford cant get a call at RB or CB. CBs are a nightmare at the moment. 

Cant believe this guy doesnt want to play for canada .... pathenic .. Forget him  n burn his jersey

what? He played for Canada like a year ago against Ghana after those comments came out.

Relax. 

6 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Sure cause we see scorelines of 6-5 all the time in soccer...With that backline any Wold Cup will stay a dream really. 

You know what your right. Lets just park that bus like we did in the last Gold Cup and WCQs. We did really well in those... 

3 minutes ago, canta15 said:

You know what your right. Lets just park that bus like we did in the last Gold Cup and WCQs. We did really well in those... 

In WCQ, we were basically one goal from going through, a draw in Honduras or a win away to ES. Ignoring Honduras drawing Mexico last day. That was close. It was depressing, not inspiring, overly cautious, but close at least. 

Same with GC.

I agree that if we could score more, get goals, then we could sit back and no one would complain. We could ride out a few results. But if we don't have a decent DM and CB set up, plus a quality keeper, we are going to get scored on and we'll have no chance, not even close. We need to raise the quality of our defenders and see a keeper rise to a higher level. 

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

In WCQ, we were basically one goal from going through, a draw in Honduras or a win away to ES. Ignoring Honduras drawing Mexico last day. That was close. It was depressing, not inspiring, overly cautious, but close at least. 

Same with GC.

I agree that if we could score more, get goals, then we could sit back and no one would complain. We could ride out a few results. But if we don't have a decent DM and CB set up, plus a quality keeper, we are going to get scored on and we'll have no chance, not even close. We need to raise the quality of our defenders and see a keeper rise to a higher level. 

Exactly. We were one win away from advancing to the next round. Why? Because we didn't take advantage of playing against El Salvador B. We were doing well away to Honduras too until we got that goal and decided to ride out the game.

8 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Exactly. We were one win away from advancing to the next round. Why? Because we didn't take advantage of playing against El Salvador B. We were doing well away to Honduras too until we got that goal and decided to ride out the game.

Yes, in retrospect we needed to beat ES. But in retrospect we needed Mexico to beat Honduras at home too, if they are not going to do that it forces us to do a lot more than we're ready for.

i think both of you are right. The frustrating part about Floro was his inflexibility and his really weird squad selection. there are certainly games you can open the flood gates and press harder, but just like every team in concacaf not named mexico, USA or Costa Rica we have to be able to go on the road a lot of the time and basically park the bus. A home game against Jamaica? Lets try to out score them! An away game in Panama? We gotta be able to just survive...maybe stick to the counter.

I guess we can put strength of the Uruguayan league-debate to rest. Penarol went down 6-2 yesterday, against the always hard to beat #7 of Bolivia Wilstermann. I guess if cavallini would have participated it could easily have been 6-3...