Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

I guess we can put strength of the Uruguayan league-debate to rest. Penarol went down 6-2 yesterday, against the always hard to beat #7 of Bolivia Wilstermann. I guess if cavallini would have participated it could easily have been 6-3...

The game was played in Bolivia. Even Brazil and Argentina have issues when they play in the bolivian altitude. 

So now you're comparing multi-time Champions `League winner Bayern Munich with Wilstermann? It only gets better

The game was played in Bolivia. Even Brazil and Argentina have issues when they play in the bolivian altitude. 

Well, you may have a point there but when you say have issues, you mean like they draw 1-1 or lose narrowly?

Edited by shamrock

Wilstermann is consistently near the top of the Bolivian league. Also many of the bolivian national team members play domestically, in Uruguay the youth national team members are mainly domestic the main team have a couple and they usually play for Nacional.
Penarol in the fall was close to the bottom of the league(14/16), the team is big but is poorly managed full of corruption and not actually very good.
In regards to the level of the 2 respective leagues, both are probably at around the same level. The altitdue does have a massive part to play but its not an excuse.
In 2009 Bolivia beat Argentina 6-1
In 2013 it was 1-1

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't we just do what Cameroon did to Matip when he rejected the call to go to  AFCON and get FIDA to freeze him out from his club if he rejects a call

10 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Why don't we just do what Cameroon did to Matip when he rejected the call to go to  AFCON and get FIDA to freeze him out from his club if he rejects a call

Why don't we not jump to conclusions. He accepted the call up to the Ghana match and was not called by Floro to the qualifiers in the next window. That is what we know.

34 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Why don't we not jump to conclusions. He accepted the call up to the Ghana match and was not called by Floro to the qualifiers in the next window. That is what we know.

I wonder if he simply wasn't invited back by Floro? It might not necessarily be him rejection us. I mean, he must have had some interest in the program to begin with if he accepted the Ghana call. There was no report of him turning us down after that and it's not like we scored or set up a goal or was influential in any way. Showed some nice flashes of skill but was not a consistent threat. I don't even know if he started, did he? 

I would not be surprised if this was mainly on Floro and his stubbornness and his strange way of playing the game and his strange player selections. It's not like we have an abundance of talent to chose from where we can play little games with players and not chose certain players because they might have heart a coaches feelings or something.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:25 PM, shamrock said:

So now you're comparing multi-time Champions `League winner Bayern Munich with Wilstermann? It only gets better

Well, you may have a point there but when you say have issues, you mean like they draw 1-1 or lose narrowly?

Shamrock, you already stated your unfounded bias: I don't rate Uruguay. Evidence has been shown it's two largest teams are two of the most successful in the history of S American football. You ignore this. Peñarol was in the final of Libertadores not too long ago, so it is not just a past fact.

Then you lamely latch onto a single result and use it as the icing on your tendentious logic, where the conclusion is foregone. Of course it is obvious if the result had been different (want me to show you the historical record between Bolivian and Uruguayan teams? ) you would never have said a word, you would have shut up. You were fishing only for evidence to prove your point, you could not give a damn about being minimally impartial.

In a group stage, where a loss is a loss. Where they let up seeing they'd lost it. You probably thought it was a knock-out result, admit it.

And when I use your logic to diss the entire EPL, your system of reasoning, a one-off, you are whining about what you have done all by yourself. Because any idiot can take one the double result Arsenal-Bayern (or let's talk Monaco) and make a  reaching argument to prove a point already prefabricated. If they unreasonably want to discredit EPL.

So just admit your argumentation about Peñarol was equally idiotic. Especially since Peñarol beat Wisterman at home (2-1, so full points), something Arsenal could not do to their rival in an even more important match, humilliated, definitively burying EPL forever and ever, to wander through the celestial aethers in agony for he rest of its days. According to Shamrock reasoning.

You did notice Argentina just lost to Bolivia in La Paz, but hey, Shamrock probably doesn't rate Argentina either, what imperious wisdom.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 8/3/2017 at 10:04 PM, jpg75 said:

FFS, seriously? We're talking about this after MD1. Can we atleast wait until the group stage is done to critique Penarol's campaign?

Of frigging course, I mean, first game in group stage and the dunce is using a result to "prove" Cavallini is really not on a very good team at all and the league is crap. 

Then spends his time here really interested in Scottish lower leagues.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I wonder if he simply wasn't invited back by Floro? It might not necessarily be him rejection us. I mean, he must have had some interest in the program to begin with if he accepted the Ghana call. There was no report of him turning us down after that and it's not like we scored or set up a goal or was influential in any way. Showed some nice flashes of skill but was not a consistent threat. I don't even know if he started, did he? 

So you are saying he has performed exactly the same as Larin has, only the latter with way more chances to get it right?

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

That's what i'm saying. He was just never called back.