New jerseys to drop March 18?

15 minutes ago, red card said:

Oh shit, now even Germany's doing it wrong by taking their fans behind the scenes of their jersey photoshoots on social media.

If we keep looking I'm sure we can find that many, many more teams are wrong about their approach and a curmudgeon on a Canadian soccer message board actually has the correct take on best social media practices.

The-Simpsons-Am-I-out-of-touch-meme.png

1 hour ago, red card said:

In a shock move, after 77 years with Adidas, Germany is going with Nike from 2027-34. The reason is money. Showing how far down Canada is in the pecking order in the business of world football, Nike offered €100m/yr, a world record. Adidas was paying €50m/year.

Adidas CEO travelled to DFB's Frankfurt headquarters on Wednesday to present a final offer. As a non-profit association and due to the its major financial problems, the DFB couldn't turn down Nike's offer. Nike's proposal was also deemed best for supporting grassroots and women's football. The deal includes success-on-the-pitch bonuses along with the usual sales royalties and supplying kits for all DFB teams. 

Germany's men's team is still using Adidas' headquarters in Herzogenaurach, as its team base for the Euros. Germany is the world's biggest association with more than 7m registered members, 2.2m players and 24k+ clubs.

Adidas just launched Germany's Euro kits which included a pink version that they say has already become a top seller despite gnashing of teeth by some.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/03/21/german-football-association-announces-nike-kit-deal-ending-decades-long-partnership-with-adidas/soccer/

That deal isn't that much better than Canada's deal. It's only 100 million☹️ a year more than ours.

Edited by MtlMario

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Along with the trash level, amateur presentation that just aped the worst of social media cliches (loved by RS, of course, in his usual praise ...

I'm sorry but what does any of the anger of putting a rainbow on a flag have to do with releasing unfinished social media posts for a jersey launch?  

29 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

I'm sorry but what does any of the anger of putting a rainbow on a flag have to do with releasing unfinished social media posts for a jersey launch?  

As you noted before, when UT loses an argument he brings an entirely unrelated one into the fray.

England's jersey "controversy" has absolutely nothing to do with the way they presented the kits to the public and he knows it.

Later this year Barcelona will use social media as part of their new uniform release in the exact same manner that all these other teams have done (and Barca themselves have done in the past) and he'll just ignore it and move on to some other topic to feel superior about.

I actually think they looked worse on the pitch. The different reds didn't work for me, same with the weird business under the arms.  These need a Copa America trophy to have them be memorable. Otherwise they're a dud (the reds that is. I'll wait to see the whites on the pitch).

I don't just love the jackets...I love the kit look. I said before it was decent or at the very least average but not all the way ugly but seeing the players in the jerseys themselves, I actually like our kits both home and away. Why? Because it gives off that retro look that our jerseys had in the 80s but also giving it a more modern take like how Nike could do it and I get why certain people don't like it. I get it but this is our jersey going forward and honestly it won't stop the fact that all of us will probably buy it anyway heading into Copa America or going into our home World Cup come 2026.

On 3/23/2024 at 8:42 PM, RJB said:

I actually think they looked worse on the pitch. The different reds didn't work for me, same with the weird business under the arms.  These need a Copa America trophy to have them be memorable. Otherwise they're a dud (the reds that is. I'll wait to see the whites on the pitch).

Yeah if you're going to do a different coloured sleeve, that changes colour at the sewing line (e.g. not over the shoulders toward the neck) then you need a highly contrasting colour - not a different shade. It looks like everyone is sweating from the shoulder down.

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

I get it but this is our jersey going forward and honestly it won't stop the fact that all of us will probably buy it anyway heading into Copa America or going into our home World Cup come 2026.

We're getting a new jersey for WC26 (I hope, I pray).

On 3/22/2024 at 8:52 PM, RS said:

As you noted before, when UT loses an argument he brings an entirely unrelated one into the fray.

England's jersey "controversy" has absolutely nothing to do with the way they presented the kits to the public and he knows it.

Later this year Barcelona will use social media as part of their new uniform release in the exact same manner that all these other teams have done (and Barca themselves have done in the past) and he'll just ignore it and move on to some other topic to feel superior about.

Thanks for teaching me so much about social media, RS, ever since you first reached out to me on Bumble. 

13 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks for teaching me so much about social media, RS, ever since you first reached out to me on Bumble. 

A homophobic joke in 2024. Yet another reminder how you've still got your finger on the pulse.

The fact that it also took you three days to come up with it is just... *chefs kiss*