New jerseys to drop March 18?

8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I actually like the lululemon idea.  A custom design job by a company with Canadian roots would be pretty cool.

My wife swears that her L3 tights were far better quality than anything else she has had over the years.   So they may be  more expensive but they are quality.  

We could just ask Arc'teryx to do them while we're at it.

Those  pics are in low res and they leave the dumb marks for the poses on the floor. Cleat holes on the floor surface. Not even compensated right for colour. A close-up that isn't a close-up. With a crappy backdrop. The pics look like they were done by a second year geology student.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 hours ago, Shway said:

Here's the "What if" version.

image.png.99ed42f1f4c67b9502487fb8eb4b2ce5.png

Nike is still crap, and I'll never buy anything with one of those stupid swooshes on it, but that would have been so simple, and it looks a million times better.

2 hours ago, vancanman said:

That's never going to happen, so I can't wait until the deal with Nike's over.

Canada 🇨🇦 will re sign with Nike in all likelihood and even if they don't and go somewhere else, Canada will in all likelihood go to Adidas. Why? Canada 🇨🇦 is a top team in CONCACAF now much like the USA and Mexico so in essence being a top team means you stay with the top kit sponsor brands like Nike, like Adidas and so on 

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Those  pics are in low res and they leave the dumb marks for the poses on the floor. Cleat holes on the floor surface. Not even compensated right for colour. A close-up that isn't a close-up. With a crappy backdrop. The pics look like they were done by a second year geology student.

Because they are screenshots from Instagram videos shot on a cell phone.

The real photos are being done by a professional photographer at the same time.

15 minutes ago, RS said:

Because they are screenshots from Instagram videos shot on a cell phone.

The real photos are being done by a professional photographer at the same time.

I await them expectantly.

Normally first impressions matter, but not in this case? Compare with how Macron drops the CPL shirts.

I'll pm everyone here to tell them to stop commenting.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I await them expectantly.

Normally first impressions matter, but not in this case? Compare with how Macron drops the CPL shirts.

I'll pm everyone here to tell them to stop commenting.

The CPL teams (and just about every other sports team in the world) do the same thing — they show behind the scenes videos from the photo shoots on their social media channels to keep fans engaged. The "official" professionally-done  photos and videos are used in team graphics and TV broadcasts later on, and the leagues (or Concacaf in this case) and broadcasters require up-to-date headshots and videos for their own promotional material. 

Also, the first impression was actually the photos that were released earlier in the day from Canada Soccer and Nike.

19 minutes ago, RS said:

The CPL teams (and just about every other sports team in the world) do the same thing — they show behind the scenes videos from the photo shoots on their social media channels to keep fans engaged. The "official" professionally-done  photos and videos are used in team graphics and TV broadcasts later on, and the leagues (or Concacaf in this case) and broadcasters require up-to-date headshots and videos for their own promotional material. 

Also, the first impression was actually the photos that were released earlier in the day from Canada Soccer and Nike.

No excuse to use low res, or be out of focus, it saves/gains absolutely nothing. 

Rudi always defending bad journalistic and press standards mistaking them for standard quality. Like with his weak defence of Westhead.

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

No excuse to use low res, or be out of focus, it saves/gains absolutely nothing. 

Rudi always defending bad journalistic and press standards mistaking them for standard quality. Like with his weak defence of Westhead.

losing the argument so try to bring up another argument you think youre more likely to win. classic. i too think westhead is made of straw

On 3/19/2024 at 8:43 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just admit you don’t know how anything works in 2024, boomer.

There was no need to make it personal just because you don’t like the answer, Jeffrey [Redacted].

18 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

losing the argument so try to bring up another argument you think youre more likely to win. classic. i too think westhead is made of straw

It’s crazy how quickly he gets personal after I calmly and thoroughly explained the process to him.

13 minutes ago, RS said:

Just admit you don’t know how anything works in 2024, boomer.

There was no need to make it personal just because you don’t like the answer, Jeffrey Swartz.

Nice move, using boomer as an insult is so 2008. Makes me so nostalgic.

Confusing hack corporativism with professional integrity as usual. There are right and wrong ways to execute press and communication and you are consistent at least.

The whole defense of Westhead is so desperate. Like defending out of focus low res for a merchandising drop, inferring it's a social media standard. 

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Confusing hack corporativism with professional integrity as usual. There are right and wrong ways to execute press and communication and you are consistent at least.

The whole defense of Westhead is so desperate. Like defending out of focus low res for a merchandising drop, inferring it's a social media standard. 

implying. you inferred it from his implication.

sorry i know thats irrelevant to the point youre trying to make. kindve like westhead.

Edited by Mattd97

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

No one is talking about Westhead in this thread, no matter how desperately you try to obfuscate your lack of understanding standard 2024 social media practices with a completely different topic.

How about I don't call you a boomer and instead just call you a smug prick who thinks he knows everything on every topic better than everyone else on this board? It's far more direct and apt, as there are many great baby boomers who know when to listen and learn rather than lord themselves over anyone who may know something about a topic that they don't.

I knew this conversation was going to go this way — I calmly explained how every sports organization engage with fans in the age of social media, without a hint of insult towards you, and you reject my explanation and hurl invective and try to dox me because I showed a modicum of knowledge that you lack. It's classic Jeffrey and you've been doing it for decades on this board. 

I don't pretend to know more about art and design theory or whatever the hell it is you do for a living, so sit the hell down and allow yourself to be educated in a subject by someone more knowledgeable than you with a smidge of humility. Or continue being this board's biggest smug shit head. Up to you.

3 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

implying. you inferred it from his implication.

sorry i know thats irrelevant to the point youre trying to make. kindve like westhead.

I should really just let you respond to him in your succinct style rather than wasting keystrokes on him. 

12 minutes ago, RS said:

No one is talking about Westhead in this thread, no matter how desperately you try to obfuscate your lack of understanding standard 2024 social media practices with a completely different topic.

How about I don't call you a boomer and instead just call you a smug prick who thinks he knows everything on every topic better than everyone else on this board? It's far more direct and apt, as there are many great baby boomers who know when to listen and learn rather than lord themselves over anyone who may know something about a topic that they don't.

I knew this conversation was going to go this way — I calmly explained how every sports organization engage with fans in the age of social media, without a hint of insult towards you, and you reject my explanation and hurl invective and try to dox me because I showed a modicum of knowledge that you lack. It's classic Jeffrey and you've been doing it for decades on this board. 

I don't pretend to know more about art and design theory or whatever the hell it is you do for a living, so sit the hell down and allow yourself to be educated in a subject by someone more knowledgeable than you with a smidge of humility. Or continue being this board's biggest smug shit head. Up to you.

You have a low standard you are always trying to foist on folks as a journalistic or press standard, you've been on the same warpath for years. It is not our fault you can't see the difference between doing things right and doing them poorly. 

Thanks to you posting my full name, which is your way of proving you actually don't know or care about proper procedure anywhere, online, in social media, or in journalism. At least, knowing my name, folks might discover I teach at a degree-granting fashion school in theory and communication, in a context that actually knows something about fashion communication.

The problem is not what they did to present the shirt, it is how. And how is: badly, terribly in fact. 

You are such a hypocrite, you actually publicly criticised the CSA release yesterday and now you are backtracking and butt-licking your corporate masters.

Like your desperate defense of Westhead, who may be strong in some areas, but on the CSA and Canadian soccer is a disgrace (but obviously, your kind of disgrace). 

18 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You have a low standard you are always trying to foist on folks as a journalistic or press standard, you've been on the same warpath for years. It is not our fault you can't see the difference between doing things right and doing them poorly. 

Blah, blah, blah... just admit you don't know how it works and you're still speaking out of your ass. It's not that hard.

There was exactly nothing wrong with how Canada Soccer posted those videos yesterday (which someone else then screenshotted and released on their own personal Twitter account). They are not meant to be the official headshots, they are just behind-the-scenes looks meant for social media that keep fans engaged.

There was a professional photographer and videographer alongside the social media officer, all three of them have separate roles and create different content for what's required. I've already explained this to you in detail.

Thanks to you posting my full name, which is your way of proving you actually don't know or care about proper procedure anywhere, online, in social media, or in journalism. At least, knowing my name, folks might discover I teach at a degree-granting fashion school in theory and communication, in a context that actually knows something about fashion communication.

You continue to use my real first name on here after insisting over the years that we should follow board protocol and only refer to each other using board handles. You did it again today, so turnabout is fair play.

I don't do it until you do. Simple as that.

The problem is not what they did to present the shirt, it is how. And how is: badly, terribly in fact.

And I have absolutely no problem with this opinion. You can like the presentation of the shirt or not, but what you cannot do is pretend to know how social media standards work because you clearly don't.

You've proven time and again to be absolutely clueless on the matter, starting with the Alphonso Davies videos that you were critical of years ago.

You are such a hypocrite, you actually publicly criticised the CSA release yesterday and now you are backtracking and butt-licking your corporate masters.

Here's the pot calling the kettle black on this one. 

I was indeed critical of how Canada Soccer initially released the jersey photos, as I stated the Nike tweet was far better because they used an AI image that showed depth and the full kits on a "person" rather than the "off-the-hangar" photos the CSA led with in that first tweet.

What I wasn't critical of was their Instagram videos of the players' photo shoot, because it was completely normal and followed industry standard.

Two separate things. Keep up, old man.

Like your desperate defense of Westhead, who may be strong in some areas, but on the CSA and Canadian soccer is a disgrace (but obviously, your kind of disgrace). 

Again with the Westhead stuff.

I was actually lying when I said yesterday that there's no one's opinion I care less about on this board than SpursFlu. It's actually your opinion on anything to do with this subject*. Just because you lecture for a living, doesn't give you free reign to do it on this board.

* I also couldn't care less about your xenophobic posts about English soccer, calling anyone who likes it a country bumpkin.