Kyle Hiebert

Big_M

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not starting tonight.  I thought he had been doing well - at least according to FotMob.  He started their last 3 games and they won all 3 so odd to mix it up.  

This game was originally played May 6 and was abandoned at the 50th minute.

They are continuing from that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Heibert still chugging along for surprising St Louis, 21st start tonight, but mainly at LB these days.  I wonder if that makes him more likely to be called, being more versatile??   Also Waterman was playing centrally in a back 3, hmmmmm.  I like that these guys are adding wrinkles to their games and possibly maturing into useful call ups for CMNT.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Zator was horrible in the recent Gold Cup mind you Kennedy was no better

There is a whole body of work to judge his game on beyond those 7 international minutes. Regardless, he doesn't even play the same side as Hiebert so I don't know why those two are being pitted against eachother 

10 hours ago, Shway said:

Naw man, we are good at LCB or LB options.
He is way too immobile for international football for me.

I would rather see Kennedy, and Zator.

I get what you are saying here. For that reason Hiebert is at best 4th in the LCB depth chart and 4th in the LB depth chart. Some may prefer him over Edwards at LB, which would push him to 3rd, but the reality is that we seldom use Edwards. Hell, we've only called up Hiebert a single time. 

I would say he needs to play a bigger role in respect to Canada needing to play more games with more B players to improve our depth. You never know when an injury crisis will happen. We don't want to be in a predicament later in the cycle where we need to call Herbert and he still only has a single game for us. Ideally he will have 5-7 Canada caps under his belt approaching 2026, but with how infrequently we play he will probably still have the one. 

Camp poutine is part of the solution here. Needs to happen.

31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I get what you are saying here. For that reason Hiebert is at best 4th in the LCB depth chart and 4th in the LB depth chart. Some may prefer him over Edwards at LB, which would push him to 3rd, but the reality is that we seldom use Edwards. Hell, we've only called up Hiebert a single time. 

I would say he needs to play a bigger role in respect to Canada needing to play more games with more B players to improve our depth. You never know when an injury crisis will happen. We don't want to be in a predicament later in the cycle where we need to call Herbert and he still only has a single game for us. Ideally he will have 5-7 Canada caps under his belt approaching 2026, but with how infrequently we play he will probably still have the one. 

Camp poutine is part of the solution here. Needs to happen.

Is he 4th.... Realistically the lcb playing time goes in the following
1. miller
2. cornelius
3. LDF - hes played there before
4. kennedy
5. Bombito
6. hiebert 

Of course theres debate of kennedt over ldf or if cornelius is our starter, but i genuinely think all 5 play before hiebert.

5 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

1. miller
2. cornelius
4. kennedy
5. Bombito
6. hiebert 

Of course theres debate of kennedt over ldf or if cornelius is our starter, but i genuinely think all 5 play before hiebert.

Also some debate where Bombito plays for us if he sees the files.  I am curious where Biello/the next manager would see him on the field.   

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Also some debate where Bombito plays for us if he sees the files.  I am curious where Biello/the next manager would see him on the field.   

For sure... I just think if we have a lcb go down injured, and biello has to decide between subbing on hiebert or bombito, he goes with bombito. 

43 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

1. miller
2. cornelius
4. kennedy
5. Bombito
6. hiebert 

I did say 4th at best to be fair.

I am not sold on Hiebert being ahead of Bombito, though we could make the argument that Hiebert should be ahead based on club form. He played far more than Bombito for obviously a much better side and it's not as if Bombito was injured half the season, he just wasn't chosen to play. 

I also agree with Nam here about Bombito's position. I don't personally think of him in the LCB depth chart because it remains to be seen where he will play for club and country. Isn't he right footed by the way?

Bombito definitely has a higher ceiling than Hiebert though and he already has 4 caps to Heibert's single cap.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I did say 4th at best to be fair.

I am not sold on Hiebert being ahead of Bombito, though we could make the argument that Hiebert should be ahead based on club form. He played far more than Bombito for obviously a much better side and it's not as if Bombito was injured half the season, he just wasn't chosen to play. 

I also agree with Nam here about Bombito's position. I don't personally think of him in the LCB depth chart because it remains to be seen where he will play for club and country. Isn't he right footed by the way?

Bombito definitely has a higher ceiling than Hiebert though and he already has 4 caps to Heibert's single cap.

great points. 

-My logic is bombito gets the squad call up before heibert (as we've seen).
- Bombitos played lcb even though hes right footed
- bombitos profile is much much better suited to CMNT than heibert. 
- niether is clearly better so you go with the profile, potential, experience with CMNT, and versatile option.
- I also thought heibert was naturally right footed growing up but is pretty equal now? 
- I dont see bombito as a lcb depth chart option on paper. Same as cornelius at rcb. In reality though, we still played cornelius at rcb and i think we would do the same for bombito if the choice was him or heibert.

• 2 months later...