Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

• 3 weeks later...

Expect him to play for either Italy or US at the U20 World Cup.  Has been invited by both I'm hearing, USA has a final prep camp next month with friendlies against England and France.  If he's on that list, I'd assume he will stick with them until at least after the Olympics.

Edited by Footyeh

3 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Expect him to play for either Italy or US at the U20 World Cup.  Has been invited by both I'm hearing, USA has a final prep camp next month with friendlies against England and France.  If he's on that list, I'd assume he will stick with them until at least after the Olympics.

Being a fifa event does that not cap tie him, presuming he features 3 times?

5 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Wait, what?  Italy too?  How many options and parents does this guy have? I hadn't realized Italy was also in the mix.  Seriously, WTF?!  

If he gets in the mix with Italy, he’d have to file his one time switch to switch countries, and since he wants to try out the US, that would effectively cut us out, no?

Like, if he thinks that it won’t work out with Italy, he has to basically blindly choose who to commit for- us or the states, and that choice would probably be the US.

He actually attended a Canadian camp. Has he attended any others yet? He has only been named up until this point right? Fave player is Phonzie though!

Italian/Canadian mother and US/Nigerian father (holds 4 passports)

(https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2022/09/25/teenager-luca-koleosho-has-international-options-but-enjoys-time-in-canadas-camp.html)

59 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

He actually attended a Canadian camp. Has he attended any others yet? He has only been named up until this point right? Fave player is Phonzie though!

Italian/Canadian mother and US/Nigerian father (holds 4 passports)

(https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2022/09/25/teenager-luca-koleosho-has-international-options-but-enjoys-time-in-canadas-camp.html)

He’s been to U.S youth camps.

People tend to forget he’s an American kid who grew up in America. His connection with us is just parental lineage.

Edited by Soccerpro2

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's probably eligible for Spain too as he's been here long enough.

Guys like Gavi & Pedri are 18, playing for Barça.

This guy isn't even a top 100 prospect for spain.

We need to cap tie him. Us are our biggest rivals.

1 hour ago, P-O said:

Guys like Gavi & Pedri are 18, playing for Barça.

This guy isn't even a top 100 prospect for spain.

We need to cap tie him. Us are our biggest rivals.

Mistaken. If he were Spanish he would likely have been called into u.18 camps for Spain already. Two u-19 teammates from the B with similar first team minutes have as well.

Remember he was on the team that went to the u-19 Cup final last year vs Real Madrid. Spain u-19 played a friendly today vs. Norway, this morning in fact: he'd be on that team for sure, few of those guys are playing for their first teams. Two of them are Espanyol players in a similar situation has his. One who is a first team player is Larin's teammate at Valladolid, Fresneda, rumoured to have offers from Arsenal, Dortmund. Alarcón at Barça just got first team minutes this month.

Gavi, Pedri, Ansu, Balde, Yeremy Pino--they are all with the senior Spanish team.