Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Not having an emotion connection to our country can be a big problem. We landed a big player with Arfield but he abandoned us at the biggest moment, the World Cup. You can't expect a player with no strong connection to the country to stick it out through hard times.

Emotion connection is as important as many other things. There's a reason why JD and AD are playing for Canada and not for the other teams, same for Reyna. 

EC could be from Music, Family, where you grow up and many others.

6 minutes ago, Sechat23 said:

It's four games.

How sure are you about that?

You are a fucking clown.

Please go back to Big Soccer or wheee ever the fuck you came from you troll piece of shit.

And ya. If he is getting minutes in La Liga he will not accept a call to the U20 World Cup. I don't even know why I'm even dignifying you with a response on this you obtuse jackass

Just now, narduch said:

You are a fucking clown.

Please go back to Big Soccer or wheee ever the fuck you came from you troll piece of shit.

And ya. If he is getting minutes in La Liga he will not accept a call to the U20 World Cup. I don't even know why I'm even dignifying you with a response on this you obtuse jackass

Some one is mad here lol.

31 minutes ago, Sechat23 said:

Players want to play in the World Cup and what's close to a World Cup? U20 World Cup, we really don't know how talented is Luca. We really have not seen him play. 

U20 World Cup can cap tie a player but they can do a one-time switch.

You haven't seen him play, many of us have. And many of us do know about the talent level, as well, because we have some criteria based on having seen him play. 

Thanks again for reminding us how lazy the Americans are when they have a talent they ignore, disrespect and treat arrogantly. 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You haven't seen him play, many of us have. And many of us do know about the talent level, as well, because we have some criteria based on having seen him play. 

Thanks again for reminding us how lazy the Americans are when they have a talent they ignore, disrespect and treat arrogantly. 

NP. 

20 minutes ago, Sechat23 said:

It's four games.

How sure are you about that?

Club careers are the first, second, and third most important things for players. They leverage their national team play to improve their club situation. Koleosho is a fringe player for Espanyol, trying to break into their squad. Missing 4 games, especially now that it seems like their coach is willing to start giving him regular cameos would be a terrible career move, especially because it isn't like his U20 WC performance will get him a big money move to Madrid or Barca for example, and he's missing out on a great opportunity to get top flight minutes.

With that in mind, I think the choice is straight forward- which country gives him the best chance to highlight his skills at the highest level. If the states can only offer him a spot as a depth winger until at least after next world cup, he should play for us. If Canada is in such disarray that we're going to come home with another ofer in '26, he should not play for us.

Nothing concrete, but you have all these Tajon Buchanan rumors to Napoli or Milan or whatever because he played above average for us at the WC. If we can offer him similar playing time, at a world cup, playing at home, and the US can't, then playing for Canada could get a 23 year old Koleosho into Italy, or into some real teams. That should, and is likely the one factor he should be considering.

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Club careers are the first, second, and third most important things for players. They leverage their national team play to improve their club situation. Koleosho is a fringe player for Espanyol, trying to break into their squad. Missing 4 games, especially now that it seems like their coach is willing to start giving him regular cameos would be a terrible career move, especially because it isn't like his U20 WC performance will get him a big money move to Madrid or Barca for example, and he's missing out on a great opportunity to get top flight minutes.

With that in mind, I think the choice is straight forward- which country gives him the best chance to highlight his skills at the highest level. If the states can only offer him a spot as a depth winger until at least after next world cup, he should play for us. If Canada is in such disarray that we're going to come home with another ofer in '26, he should not play for us.

Nothing concrete, but you have all these Tajon Buchanan rumors to Napoli or Milan or whatever because he played above average for us at the WC. If we can offer him similar playing time, at a world cup, playing at home, and the US can't, then playing for Canada could get a 23 year old Koleosho into Italy, or into some real teams. That should, and is likely the one factor he should be considering.

I agree with everything but there are a lots of "if"

Just now, Sechat23 said:

I'm Mexican- American.

Even better then. Good to get some El-Tri perspective around here too. Mexico and the USA are the two teams in this region Canada want to compete with on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with some healthy back and forth and exchange of ideas and thoughts, so long as it's relatively respectful and constructive. 

18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Even better then. Good to get some El-Tri perspective around here too. Mexico and the USA are the two teams in this region Canada want to compete with on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with some healthy back and forth and exchange of ideas and thoughts, so long as it's relatively respectful and constructive. 

I don't see much constructive contribution though. 

This troll joined our forum and the only 2 things he has done is:

-hijack the Arfield thread to tell us the US is better than Canada

-tell us Koleosho should chose the US over Canada.

He is not adding to the discussion. He is here to wind us up.

Like I said. Textbook troll.

I hope he fucks off so we can get back to normal.

Edited by narduch

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

This troll joined our forum and the only 2 things he has done is:

-hijack the Arfield thread to tell us the US is better than Canada

-tell us Koleosho should chose the US over Canada.

He is not adding to the discussion. He is hear to wind us up.

Like I said. Textbook troll.

I hope he fucks off so we can get back to normal.

I mean yeah, I got a bit of that vibe too, but it's fandom and sports. Some of that is to be expected, no? So long as it's all in good fun and there's some level of constructive dialog, I don't see the problem, but clearly others feel different and that's cool.

Some of you may prefer our NT discussions to be insular if the fans from other teams are not bringing anything to the discussion and are just going to end up rubbing you the wrong way. Fair enough!

Edited by Obinna

27 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Maybe there wasn't for others, but I thought the question he asked us was interesting. The one asking us what the better option was for Luca from an unbiased perspective.

Weighing the pros and cons I landed on the USA. That was kind of fun to think about. And it kind of helped see why I have this gut feeling he's leaning USA.

Edit - Of course though, it could just be working in reverse. Maybe my negative gut feeling on Koleosho is driving my reasoning for why it's best for him to choose the USA.

Anyways, I digress. Hopefully he chooses Canada!

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Sechat23 said:

I agree with everything but there are a lots of "if"

Both our teams are in a transitional phase- we need to figure out if we're actually a good team or a flash in the pan, and you need a head coach and less locker room drama, so no real reason to commit anyways. I mean, he's 18 playing in La Liga with an Italian passport and likely a spanish one on the way. If he's as good as we think he could be, either of those nations are blowing us out of the water, even if they cynically cap tie him during nations league or something.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Both our teams are in a transitional phase- we need to figure out if we're actually a good team or a flash in the pan, and you need a head coach and less locker room drama, so no real reason to commit anyways. I mean, he's 18 playing in La Liga with an Italian passport and likely a spanish one on the way. If he's as good as we think he could be, either of those nations are blowing us out of the water, even if they cynically cap tie him during nations league or something.

Interesting post. Surely Spain and italy have many young wingers who are above him in their pool?

Spain: Gil
Fati
torres
pedri can play there?
melamed
Pino
Barrenetxea
williams

Italy: 
Gnoto
Zainolo

I dont know much about the youth in either of these countries except the big names, but id be shocked if koleosho ever gets to that level.

5 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Interesting post. Surely Spain and italy have many young wingers who are above him in their pool?

Fati
torres
pedri can play there?
melamed
Pino
Barrenetxea
williams

Italy: 
Gnoto
Zainolo

I dont know much about the youth in either of these countries except the big names, but id be shocked if koleosho ever gets to that level.

So would I, but I don't think it's inconceivable either. He's already playing for Espanyol at 18 years old, and he possibly would have played much more by now had he not been out several months due to injury. For all we know he could be an everyday starter in La Liga by age 19. Then, by age 20 he could have blossomed into one of their best attackers. From there he could be attracting interest from bigger clubs in Spain and Italy. Let's say a club like Roma then buys him at age 21 and he goes on to play regularly. That's definitely Italian NT call-up territory. 

Again, a lot of IFs, but everything is an IF with an 18-year-old professional showing promise. He could also fail to latch on at Espanyol and move to a league like Portugal, join a modest club like Pacos in search of playing time and spend the bulk of his early to mid 20s trying to climb up the ladder. At that point he may not even be able to break into USA or Canada, let alone Italy (or Spain - if he ever qualifies).

41 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Fati
torres
pedri can play there?
melamed
Pino
Barrenetxea
williams

Italy: 
Gnoto
Zainolo

Won't even pretend to know much about Spain or Italy's depth charts, I just think that the opportunity to play for either of those countries is something you don't really give up. I doubt he makes either of their teams, nor would either be particularly interested in him, but since he won't make his choice for a few years, by that time, he'll be a much better player, maybe he's getting interest from the big spanish clubs, and at that point, you know Spain and probably Italy's scouts will be keeping their eye on him, and if he's ever good enough to break through their depth chart, that's where he'll play.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

He just repeats the same banalities-no one has seen him play, we can't evaluate him, we have no idea how good he might be.

Well the US took him to a u-20 B camp and had him play far below his level, against joke rivals. He must have been shocked, a pro, even a new pro, knows the difference. Almost immediately after he had his first minutes on the first team of Espanyol and accepted our call-up. So it is not constructive or helpful at all when he can't admit the US disrespected the player, with their amateur little coaching set-ups, and he reacted accordingly.

NB. Ayo went to a US camp in late 2021 and almost immediately accepted our callup. There is a pattern there.