GC: Canada vs Martinique - Sunday, July 11th, 6:30pm Eastern / 3:30pm Pacific Kansas City

11 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wheeler: It's pronounced Cor - bah - now

Wheeler 1 min later: Cor - buh - nu

NUUUUUUUU!

My last name is of Romanian origin and originally had the ‘ea’ in its spelling but was changed to an ‘o’ so all could pronounce it correctly… ‘Corbonu’ or ‘Corbahnu’ would be two decent anglicized spellings as far as I know. I have no idea where Wheeler got the CorboNOW pronounciation?

59 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

My last name is of Romanian origin and originally had the ‘ea’ in its spelling but was changed to an ‘o’ so all could pronounce it correctly… ‘Corbonu’ or ‘Corbahnu’ would be two decent anglicized spellings as far as I know. I have no idea where Wheeler got the CorboNOW pronounciation?

I think Herdman pronounced it CorboNOW in his press conference.

We looked pretty dangerous in attack a number of times, but I thought this wasn't a great game overall. We got a lot of yellows which could bite us (though I agree with many who say the ref was being a dick about this), and we were really poor in transition defense. A better team would have punished us, often we had only our three centre backs defending against the transition. That being said, I don't think we play this expansively versus stronger teams, so I'm not necessarily that worried.

Regarding the goal we conceded, I place a lot of blame on Miller. Of course Kaye should have done better, but he had no good solutions. As the passer, it's not just about hitting your team mate, it's about assessing whether or not when he gets the ball what options he'll have. Kaye's best option was probably to just try to clear somehow. The risk-reward on that pass from Miller was not there.

Wheeler said he got the correct pronunciation of Corbeanu's name from Corbeanu himself.

Anyway, I thought our defence dealt with pretty much everything that came their way, other than the OG where both Miller and Kaye could have done better.  Disappointed with Kaye (Invisible, other than the OG) and Estaquio (too many giveaways).  

The rest I thought were good to varying degrees, including the subs. 

3 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Just finished watching the game now and Wheeler absolutely pronounced Corbeanu 3 or 4 different ways after saying he learned how to pronounce straight from Theo himself 

Yeah he certainly didn't do anything to clear up any confusion. If anything I'm more confused at how to pronounce his name after watching that.