Diyaeddine Abzi

shamrock

10 hours ago, An Observer said:

There are not too many CPL grads who are playing second division soccer in one of the countries that has a top 5 league globally so I would beg to differ on this statement

This is complete erasure of premier league star Aribim Pepple!!

I would think Loturi playing with Ross County is a similar level? Top flight in a decent league. Either way, playing in Segunda Division is a pretty good level. I would hope that we offer him the chance to play with the national team if he wants it.

16 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

This is complete erasure of premier league star Aribim Pepple!!

I would think Loturi playing with Ross County is a similar level? Top flight in a decent league. Either way, playing in Segunda Division is a pretty good level. I would hope that we offer him the chance to play with the national team if he wants it.

I don't think so. Ross County struggles to stay up in the SPL and Leganés were a La Liga team in recent memory. I bet Leganés have double the TM value of Ross County, if not more, and they probably have double the number of internationally capped players.

I'll check now to see if my imagination is reality or not......

Screenshot_20230818-072740.png

Screenshot_20230818-072831.png

Screenshot_20230818-072914.png

Screenshot_20230818-072955.png

Edited by Obinna
Digging up TM values to compare Ross County vs Leganés and SPL vs La Liga 2

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

We might as well mention Bundesliga star Ronan Kratt too if we’re talking Pepple

Kratt & Pellegrino both being sold to Bayern in 2026 and helping AD usher in the next generation of Bavarian domination in Europe is gonna be a movie. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I don't think so. Ross County struggles to stay up in the SPL and Leganés were a La Liga team in recent memory. I bet Leganés have double the TM value of Ross County, if not more, and they probably have double the number of internationally capped players.

I'll check now to see if my imagination is reality or not......

Screenshot_20230818-072740.png

Screenshot_20230818-072831.png

Screenshot_20230818-072914.png

Screenshot_20230818-072955.png

Oh wow, I had a feeling you were right, but I didn’t think the discrepancy would be so wide, even when you remove the teams that were just relegated from LaLiga. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kratt & Pellegrino both being sold to Bayern in 2026 and helping AD usher in the next generation of Bavarian domination in Europe is gonna be a movie. 

It looks like Kratt did just score a 27 minute hattrick in a 14-1!?! win. It's pretty much guaranteed 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Former TFC flop Ager Aketxe's playing for Eibar. Franquesa Leganes's starting lb got the assist on their goal and has the highest rating in the game so far.

Funny you made me look up Jon Erice, the parallel Whitecaps bust, he's in Spain fourth tier but he's older.

Maybe saying bust for those two MLS teams is not entirely fair.

22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Funny you made me look up Jon Erice, the parallel Whitecaps bust, he's in Spain fourth tier but he's older.

Maybe saying bust for those two MLS teams is not entirely fair.

I always think that Aketxe's time at TFC would've gone differently if his shot from 30 yards on his debut went in instead of rattling off the crossbar. Always easier to join a team doing well.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Abzi got on m. 85 for Leganés who beat Huesca 2-0…

Came on for the right mid. Got to give the guy credit, the Pepineros are near the top of Second Division along with Espanyol and Zaragoza. Who'd have thought he'd rise so fast?

He was making some Ligue 2 teams of the week too last year no? He’s good, I think him keeping his international options open is a bit more than a blind gamble. 

On 9/10/2023 at 1:45 AM, InglewoodJack said:

He was making some Ligue 2 teams of the week too last year no? He’s good, I think him keeping his international options open is a bit more than a blind gamble. 

Going from Pau to Leganés is a major step, if his coach thinks he's training well and plays him that's a huge mark in his favour.

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

image.jpeg.198d9997160dadfe6d417a2bcdadfba2.jpeg

They are wearing blue here, as the team is normally, but often the first, or the second shirt, is in green, as is the logo.

Pepineros, from pepinos, cucumbers; the plants are pepineras. The area was an agricultural zone outside of Madrid famous for its cucumbers, so others referred to them as the Pepineros. I heard they even used to give a basket of cucumbers to visiting teams as a hospitable touch. Not a historically powerful team in Spain, with the growth of the southern Madrid working class suburbs it has a greater population and the team has risen with that.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He was subbed on for Leganés m. 76 as they were up vs Amorebieta, a small Basque team, when it was 4-0. Ended 6-0. Came on for a fellow fullback.

They're 2nd in Spain Second Division, a point off Espanyol.

Is Abzi getting enough minutes on the field to improve his game adequately, or is the training regime at his club sufficient? I would think that the competition in training at Leganes is superior to the CPL standard.

He didn't get on but Leganés beat Espanyol 0-1 and go top of Spanish 2nd. 

His minutes are scarce, as he's understudy for Franquesa, the left back or wingback; but he's on one of the hottest 2nd div teams in Europe and one of the biggest surprises too. If he can get minutes consistently over 3-4 games, we'd be foolish not to ask if his intentions are honourable.