Diyaeddine Abzi

shamrock

11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Is his other option Morocco or Algeria? In any case, from a top second tier your not going to waltz in, but if you have continuity you're a strong prospect.

Morocco. It's Farsi who is eligible for Algeria.

5 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I also think I read that both declined but who knows but in that case I personally have no interest in them.

Yeah I hear you. I don't get too excited about what they are doing. What's the point if they aren't going to play for Canada?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 11:19 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Was injured last week

https://www.cdleganes.com/noticias/nueva-cita-en-casa-para-seguir-sumando

and is still injured and didn't play today.

https://www.cdleganes.com/noticias/rp-borja-jimenez-previa-real-zaragoza-leganes-j18

I'm not sure what the nature of his injury is.

Not sure either but since he got the start in the cup a month ago he hasn't appeared.

Too bad as they have a cup match again this week and they could have used him again.

Leganés are still leading 2nd Division despite losing 1-0 to Zaragoza this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, narduch said:

It's a move up though.

Trying to test himself.

I get that. It just seems he's stuck firmly behind Franquesa, who I've seen described as the best LB in the league. Abzi needs to be playing, and it seems like he could have found a step up that would have offered him a better shot at minutes. I gather he's played quite well when given the chance 

Edited by Aird25

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I get that. It just seems he's stuck firmly behind Franquesa, who I've seen described as the best LB in the league. Abzi needs to be playing, and it seems like he could have found a step up that would have offered him a better shot at minutes. I gather he's played quite well when given the chance 

I don't think anyone could predict Leganés would be doing so well, so that favours the core players and starters. Then he's been injured for a month, before that he was getting minutes, and likely would have in the Cup last week.

I also see Lega often don't do their 5 changes. 

Spanish 2nd is exponentially harder than French, it's a huge step up he seems to be managing.

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't think anyone could predict Leganés would be doing so well, so that favours the core players and starters. Then he's been injured for a month, before that he was getting minutes, and likely would have in the Cup last week.

Very true.

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Spanish 2nd is exponentially harder than French, it's a huge step up he seems to be managing.

Agreed although I think we would disagree on the exponent. :D

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Very true.

Agreed although I think we would disagree on the exponent. :D

Fair enough.

I've seen France 2nd, it is far below the 2nd division of any of the top four leagues. I'd say the spread from the top four to Ligue 1 is not as wide as when you go down a division.

Everything I've seen from Leganés suggests they value him, they report on him when injured, he is referred to in press notes on the squad. They don't treat him like some kid doing a practicum.

Out of curiosity, was looking at France 2nd tier, and I see Pau, Abzi's team, are in a promotion playoff spot.

Which is surprising, they are quite tiny (I've been to Pau, small but nice town on the foot of the Pyrenees), but it does suggest that he just might return from loan from Leganés, promoted to top flight or not, and find himself on a team in French top flight. 

Did not get off the bench as Leganés drew Tenerife 1-1 at home. 

They are still leader, despite losing points, 2nd division Spain has the 12th place team only 9 points off the lead, very tight. 

I know it's odd I keep posting about him, but I feel that if he does start to get minutes, really breaks in, then his international perspectives will heighten.

On 12/22/2023 at 8:25 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I know it's odd I keep posting about him, but I feel that if he does start to get minutes, really breaks in, then his international perspectives will heighten.

I love reports on players that i don't regularly get to follow. Same with the Axel reports from Italy. These are great