HFX Wanderers Season Thread 2019

11 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

A nice early breakfast on Saturday and then time to purchase some tickets.

It would be a nice 'trophy' to knock the Fury out.

Yeah, I am not a Season Ticket Holder, so it is Saturday morning for me.  Plan is to drive the family over from PEI for a game where I get to cheer for HFX and cheer against the Fury in the hope that I will eventually cheer against TFC.  Perfect.

2 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

Tickets officially purchased.  Managed to convince two other buddies to join me.

Dyslexic nam: hopefully you were able to have no problems getting your tickets.

Now we just hope for a decent crowd.

Grabbed 4 tickets in section 102 for me and the fam. 

Come on you Wanderers!

I won't pretend to know the team well enough to cite tactics and formations, but of course they can beat them. They are a USL team. Not saying CPL is better, but it isn't some David versus Goliath matchup.   By most measures, the two leagues are comparable.  I see no reason to think that the Wanderers, who are playing better all the time, can't get a solid result in either leg. 

On 6/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I won't pretend to know the team well enough to cite tactics and formations, but of course they can beat them. They are a USL team. Not saying CPL is better, but it isn't some David versus Goliath matchup.   By most measures, the two leagues are comparable.  I see no reason to think that the Wanderers, who are playing better all the time, can't get a solid result in either leg. 

Yea I agree with ya. I can say this over the past 4-5 games the chemistry with Wanderers has improved like 100%. Many players are really coming into their own. 

Fury seem like a solid USL club in the top half of the table. However as Nam has pointed out this is no David vs Goliath. I think if we can get rolling at Wanderers Grounds and get a good result we have at least 50-50 chance of advancing to TFC. However I think for sure we need a good result at home or we are in critical trouble.

9 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Yea I agree with ya. I can say this over the past 4-5 games the chemistry with Wanderers has improved like 100%. Many players are really coming into their own. 

Fury seem like a solid USL club in the top half of the table. However as Nam has pointed out this is no David vs Goliath. I think if we can get rolling at Wanderers Grounds and get a good result we have at least 50-50 chance of advancing to TFC. However I think for sure we need a good result at home or we are in critical trouble.

Agreed.  I would put the Fury as slight favourites but the key would be for Wanderers to neutralize the speed of the strikers.  Very much looking forward to this tie.

• 2 weeks later...

Our attack looks so much stronger when Perea is at the front. We looked more dangerous against the Fury than we have all year. A shame about our called off goal, and our shaky defense, but the work done up front was such a positive to see after such a goalless year. 

If he can stay healthy I see us being much more of a challenget for the Fall title!

Just now, Viruk42 said:

Anyone planning to be in Ottawa for the second leg? I plan to be there wearing my HFX shirt, not sure if there's an away section I should aim to be in.

I'll be there. I think there is an away section. Contact David Finlayson with the Wanderers and he can set you up. I haven't gotten tickets yet, but will be doing so shortly. I think they reserved 250 seats and Langwa and Sukunda said they could fill half with family and friends. Ticket cost is $24, but I think they're usually in the $35 range. I've heard tale of some pre-game festivities too, but not 100% sure of the details.

Fury Supporter here. Both supporter groups are probably going to be on the north side of the field, though at opposite ends. Bytowne Boys et al are near the entrance to Gate 4, while you guys will probably be in the section by Gate 1. Try not to set the stands on fire in that section like the Inebriatti did during the TFC match last year. :lol: