TFC 2019 Season

Gian-Luca

That was an awful game. Vanney was going to sub in moor when it was 0-0.  I think its time bono gets a start again. Jozy and bradley as dps just isnt working anymore, jozy due to injuries and bradley just plays a position that isnt really worthy of a dp spot. Tfc needs to sign a carlos vela type to get back on top and thats wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

IF TFC makes the playoffs, one cannot imagine them getting past the first round. Not like this anyway.

Another season lost. At least the fans are used to it I guess. 

Theres a lot of that going around with the CDN MLS teams these days.

I'm not sure what was more telling, that Zavaleta managed to get sent off with two yellows in about 20 minutes in a game TFC were leading 5-0 at the time, or that when he went straight off the field to the TFC dressing room, Chapman & Mavinga (both not dressed for the game but watching it from just outside the dressing) could be seen completely ignoring him and not offering any words of consolation.

I wonder if this will effect the opinion of our beloved coach.  Mr "i cant trust" this player and that player gets blackballed for a back heel give away, or some other bone head play.  That last yellow, what was that a 1 on 4 rush with a 5-0 scoreline...I guess I would have tugged on his shoulder too.  

On 9/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, gator said:

Vanney giving Mullins lots of playing time, I wonder what Hamilton could have done with those minutes? Osorio seems to have lost his starting job to Delgado, Greg Vanney Football Genius!

Mullins is just better than hamilton. He scored a beauty last night and gives it his all every minute. 

Delgado has been playing well lately and even scoring goals. 

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I wonder if this will effect the opinion of our beloved coach.  Mr "i cant trust" this player and that player gets blackballed for a back heel give away, or some other bone head play.  That last yellow, what was that a 1 on 4 rush with a 5-0 scoreline...I guess I would have tugged on his shoulder too.  

He should not see the field again this season unless there is an emergency due to tons of injuries. To come on as a sub and pick up two completely unnecessary yellows in a game your team is leading 5-0 and after your last appearance gift wrapped goals to the opposition deserves a “play only in an emergency” type extended benching. I would rather see Liam Fraser tried at the back again than Zavaleta used there again., 

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

He should not see the field again this season unless there is an emergency due to tons of injuries. To come on as a sub and pick up two completely unnecessary yellows in a game your team is leading 5-0 and after your last appearance gift wrapped goals to the opposition deserves a “play only in an emergency” type extended benching. I would rather see Liam Fraser tried at the back again than Zavaleta used there again., 

Yeah, your making sense but he is not your brother in law. 

20 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I'm not sure what was more telling, that Zavaleta managed to get sent off with two yellows in about 20 minutes in a game TFC were leading 5-0 at the time, or that when he went straight off the field to the TFC dressing room, Chapman & Mavinga (both not dressed for the game but watching it from just outside the dressing) could be seen completely ignoring him and not offering any words of consolation.

Is Chapman hurt or is just on the outs?  If the latter, I can't see him with TFC next season.  He'll probably be on his way to Vancouver to join Ricketts next season.

56 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Is Chapman hurt or is just on the outs?  If the latter, I can't see him with TFC next season.  He'll probably be on his way to Vancouver to join Ricketts next season.

I may be misremembering, but after the gold cup and everyone was back, didnt he go down to TFC2 with a  couple other bench players and they got hammered.  Vanney got pissed about it and poof, Hamilton is traded, Chapman is banished, Fraser is nailed to the bench etc etc.  I guess they are not in his vaunted "14" starters that are going to take us to the playoffs.  But Chapman might be hurt as he hasnt been playing for TFC2 either.  He definately needs a new enviroment for next season.  

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

I may be misremembering, but after the gold cup and everyone was back, didnt he go down to TFC2 with a  couple other bench players and they got hammered.  Vanney got pissed about it and poof, Hamilton is traded, Chapman is banished, Fraser is nailed to the bench etc etc.  I guess they are not in his vaunted "14" starters that are going to take us to the playoffs.  But Chapman might be hurt as he hasnt been playing for TFC2 either.  He definately needs a new enviroment for next season.  

Thanks.  I don't see him in a TFC shirt for 2020.

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

It was against Madison. Think it was a preparation match for Ottawa. His performance (which was very poor) may of turned off Vanney. But if that was the case, Zavaleta and Morgan should be getting the same treatment since they played in that match and didn't excel themselves.

TFC manages that tfc2 poorly at times. Good to give young players starts, but then he starts older players like Ovalle, which makes me question why not just start Fraser instead if he isn't going to bother calling him up to the bench at the very least? They rather have him go week after week with no games?

10 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I suspect he is just in the doghouse, although it might be a good sign for him that he is coming out of it that they took him on the trip 

Edited by Gian-Luca

On 9/9/2019 at 4:23 PM, Mikmacdo said:

He should consider the CPL next year. He needs playing time more than anything. 

I think he should stick with Toronto. He has had spells where he has played a lot. Osorio stuck with it and earned himself great playing time and a great contract.

8 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I think he should stick with Toronto. He has had spells where he has played a lot. Osorio stuck with it and earned himself great playing time and a great contract.

It might not be his decision.  He's remains out of the match day squad this evening in the Bronx.

Edited by BearcatSA

When TFC was winning a couple of seasons ago, it was said that they had a policy of playing those who showed well in training between games.  There was strong competition among the bench for game time.  I wonder if that has all changed now.  It seems that Vanney's doghouse overrides any of those considerations now.  If so, I think it's a step back for the program.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:55 AM, Ruffian said:

I think it's best for him to move on. Okello is maturing and their is honestly better options than Chapman from the tfc2 team imo.

25 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Lets be honest, Okello, Shafflebourg, CHapman, Srbely, Faria, Fraser..they are all better off leaving.  

Well I mean, some of them ya. Depending on the ceiling they have.

Chapman was never gonna be anything to special, so his place on the team isn't really that shocking to me. 

Never rated Faria.

Shaffleburg and Srbely, imo are good enough bench players, but that's about it. (well still sorta on the fence with Srbely, he could be better over time ) but again, if they want a starting role, than ya it's best to leave. I don't think they have a high enough ceiling to get that start here.

Fraser and Okello on the other hand should stay for now. We don't know if Bradley is coming back next season (either way his time is almost up) so that could be Fraser's chance. Okello still has  high potential to be a starter in the future and is still young. Doesn't need to be rushed out of here.

We also don't know Vanney's fate. If new management did come, they could be more willing to play these players. We don't know.