TFC 2019 Season

Gian-Luca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, Bison44 said:

Man I would love to see Hamilton come on as a sub today and score.  

He did get a fairly nice round of applause when he came on.  Didn't really do anything in his time on the field though.

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

He did get a fairly nice round of applause when he came on.  Didn't really do anything in his time on the field though.

Strangely it looked like they were playing him underneath Zardes, almost like a #10. Not where I would have played him. He did win a few headers to advance his team with the ball but that was all - though it has to be said his team was overall offensively inept in the 2nd half before & after he came on (they haven't got much in midfield creatively without Higuian - Santos is a good player but can't do it all on his own).

Agreed though, it was nice to see the fans give the local boy a warm reception back.

A shame that he was the only other Canadian to see the field yesterday other than Osorio. Morrow had another poor performance so it seems a shame that Vanney has kept Laryea on the bench when he could move Auro to the left and keep Laryea at right back.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Well that must be the first time that 3 goals were scored in extra-time by Canadians on the same team not just in MLS play, but probably in Canadian soccer history. At least, I can't think of another example.

Could this be the Herdman effect?  Osorio and Lareya playing like gods. Amazing what a dose of self-belief and confidence can do. What a result.

I'm not liking how TFC change their style of play when they get a lead.  They switch from possession soccer to hoofing it back to their opponents instead.  They have lost plenty of leads that way over the last few months.  Thankfully, they kept the pedal to the metal in today's extra time and grabbed a big lead before toning it down.  I hope they keep that same mindset for the rest of the playoffs.

Last night was the most fun I’ve ever had at a TFC game and that’s saying something.  

The agony of a goal to tie it in the last minute.  Then I just couldn’t believe it when TFC score 4 goals (with Laryea and Osorio x2 to boot!)

Aside from the keeper Osorio was the best player on the pitch last night.  TFC couldn’t really get anything going unless it was flowing through Oso.  

Laryea really shows his athleticism when he comes out there.  He was super involved in the play.  He’s definitely the best RB in Canada’s program and it showed last night.  

10 hours ago, narduch said:

What a game to be at. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. 

I thought the attendance was kinda pathetic. But I blame MLSE for trying to gouge the fans. 

was it that low?  did it feel empty? Looked pretty full to me. 

with the new format, i guess more need to get a return on those home games.

7 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Last night was the most fun I’ve ever had at a TFC game and that’s saying something.  

The agony of a goal to tie it in the last minute.  Then I just couldn’t believe it when TFC score 4 goals (with Laryea and Osorio x2 to boot!)

Aside from the keeper Osorio was the best player on the pitch last night.  TFC couldn’t really get anything going unless it was flowing through Oso.  

Laryea really shows his athleticism when he comes out there.  He was super involved in the play.  He’s definitely the best RB in Canada’s program and it showed last night.  

Loved how Laryea looked once he came on the field.  Seemed checked into the game and was good even before he scored that goal.

Whatever the salary he's pulling this year, I hope he gets a raise and a better contract.

7 hours ago, Ruud said:

Loved how Laryea looked once he came on the field.  Seemed checked into the game and was good even before he scored that goal.

Whatever the salary he's pulling this year, I hope he gets a raise and a better contract.

Laryea is actually get the absolute minimum salary. Extremely low. Dorsey is getting paid more..

I also can't understand why Vanney continues to pick Auro over him.

4 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Laryea is actually get the absolute minimum salary. Extremely low. Dorsey is getting paid more..

I also can't understand why Vanney continues to pick Auro over him.

I think they should keep Auro and Laryea. Auro can play on the left. Drop Morrow. Love him but he is declining a lot. Find another young Canadian to plug in at LB to compete with Auro. Auro can spell both LB and RB.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, nolando said:

To think you had the Canada result and this in such a short span.

Probably the two best back-to-back games in a single week that I've ever attended live. 5 goals scored by Canadian players within 5 days of each other against American opposition. I can't ask for much more than that.

15 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I think they should keep Auro and Laryea. Auro can play on the left. Drop Morrow. Love him but he is declining a lot. Find another young Canadian to plug in at LB to compete with Auro. Auro can spell both LB and RB.

I agree Morrow is declining for sure, but man, I'm personally not Auro's biggest fan. As a backup okay, but I really don't think he should be starting, period. He's even worse defensively as a LB I feel.