TFC 2019 Season

Gian-Luca

Re: Laryea, post-season TFC are going to need to figure out what to do. He's been the salary bargain of the season, not just for the TFC but probably the entire league - who else on a league minimum salary is playing that many minutes, creating so many goals and scoring game-winning playoff goals?

He will not be exempt from the expansion draft as he's neither a DP nor a TFC homegrown player. So they had better protect him and, I should think give him a raise!

10 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Re: Laryea, post-season TFC are going to need to figure out what to do. He's been the salary bargain of the season, not just for the TFC but probably the entire league - who else on a league minimum salary is playing that many minutes, creating so many goals and scoring game-winning playoff goals?

He will not be exempt from the expansion draft as he's neither a DP nor a TFC homegrown player. So they had better protect him and, I should think give him a raise!

He's just won the game for them by making an absolute mug of the NYCFC left back.

Not bad for TFC given this year looked very much like an awkward transitional one before Pozuelo got a break to recharge his batteries and they reloaded with a new DP to replace a slightly over the hill Michael Bradley. Only 90 minutes away now from watching all the over-zealous CanPL only types on here try to clamber back on the bandwagon.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Not bad for TFC given this year looked very much like an awkward transitional one before Pozuelo got a break to recharge his batteries and they reloaded with a new DP to replace a slightly over the hill Michael Bradley. Only 90 minutes away now from watching all the over-zealous CanPL only types on here try to clamber back on the bandwagon.

One of the few comments in a non-CPL related thread is a back handed insult at CPL fans.

And who can blame Canadian fans backing a Canadian team with a few key Canadian players.

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I've defended you elsewhere, but this is pointless baiting.

If that other Pozeulo interview wasn't bizarre enough, unless my ears are deceiving me it sounds like in this one that someone in the background (towards the very end of the interview) can be twice heard saying "Bobby Warshaw is trash".

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/10/23/postgame-sound-alejandro-pozuelo-october-23-2019?autoplay=true

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What are you even talking about?  What new DP did they sign to replace Bradley?  

6 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The win actually shows the fallacy of expansive playoffs. Top regular season team in one division gets home pitch advantage but is handicapped by being in a knockout match in a salary capped league.

It basically made a mockery of NYCFC's regular season record and further dilutes how meaningful regular season matches are for their fans/players and for other teams. It's the slippery slope that has made NHL & NBA regular season action mostly a snooze fest. 

Add in that the man of the match was the netting that had one side of the pitch locked down, it was MLS again showing it has no limits in how much it likes to torture the sport in North America.

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

So only now can you see the pointless baiting??  This is just his usual stuff...#parrotgottaparrot.

I've seen it from him, you and others all over this board.

Ozzie's annoying at times, but so are the posts from others that include stuff like "expect a lecture from Mr Parrot" in threads where he hasn't even participated. 

I've probably done it myself, to be honest. It's still bullsh!t.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

If that other Pozeulo interview wasn't bizarre enough, unless my ears are deceiving me it sounds like in this one that someone in the background (towards the very end of the interview) can be twice heard saying "Bobby Warshaw is trash".

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/10/23/postgame-sound-alejandro-pozuelo-october-23-2019?autoplay=true

That sounded like Altidore's voice.

4 hours ago, RS said:

I've defended you elsewhere, but this is pointless baiting.

happy robert redford GIF

In all seriousness though, to address Ozzie's statement, I will always support guys like Osorio and Layrea when they play even if it is with TFC. I was thoroughly happy with what I saw against DC United in extra time.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, RS said:

That sounded like Altidore's voice.

Listening to it again, I think you're right. It's funny because out of all of the mlssoccer.com guys, it was Charlie Davies who was most adamant that TFC had no chance against NYCFC - at least, not without Altidore.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:09 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

That's a very disgraceful and somewhat bitter statement even by your negative standards IMHO!