TFC 2019 Season

Gian-Luca

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Any updates on the French winger? I really hope it gets done. A player who can play out wide or through the middle is needed. If Pozuelo takes a hit so does the teams creativity.

He was signed - I posted it a handful of posts above in the thread. On loan, with an option to purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Vanney must be channeling his inner Benito.  20 minutes left in a game that they pretty well must win and instead on bringing on one of the TAM signings with their last change its Drew Moor.  Great play for a one one tie.  Another year no playoffs with arguably one of the top rosters in the East.  Vanney’s run should be ending when we don’t make it.

38 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Vanney must be channeling his inner Benito.  20 minutes left in a game that they pretty well must win and instead on bringing on one of the TAM signings with their last change its Drew Moor.  Great play for a one one tie.  Another year no playoffs with arguably one of the top rosters in the East.  Vanney’s run should be ending when we don’t make it.

Did you notice Dunfield in the post game saying it was a good sub??  

I honestly think Vanney is trying to get fired at this point, it reminds me of when George Constanta is trying to get fired from the Yankees to join the Mets. He must have another job lined up. He cries all year he doesn’t have any wingers? Well first it wasn’t true he had Endoh on the bench, Shaff in TFC2 and even Telfer could have not been loaned out. Then the moron finally gets two TAM wingers and refuses to play them. 

Didn’t see the game but highlights seem very one sided for Columbus. Both goals seem very preventable, and that seems to be two games in a row where central defenders are pointing for someone to go somewhere else while they themselves don’t move to cover the man with the ball who scores. Won’t matter how many wingers Vanney doesn’t play if the defenders can’t organize themselves properly. 

Shame Vanney will get a reprieve when they sneak through in the playoffs. Fed up of Team America.

If we are really lucky vanney will get a job in the USMNT set up. Other than the one he currently has at TFC of course. 

Thankfully TFCII will be a great feeder for the CPL at least. 

Can we not send Robert over to tfc hq with his Van't Schip t-shirt, protest picket and dossier to bug them until they relent?

12 hours ago, Ansem said:

Pardon my french but this is a ******* disgrace 

0 Canadians starting...in 20 F'N 19

I didn’t even realize 0 Canadians starting because I was so mad Pozuelo was benched. At least Osorio and Laryea played. Vanney is pure shit, I have had it with him. The only reason he still has a job is because Bush is fucking awful. 

Vanney starts 0 Canadians, team generates few chances and concedes to trail 1-0 in a must win game.

Vanney subs in one Canadian and TFC score almost right away. Vanney subs in a second Canadian and they score a second almost immediately. Meanwhile the goals are scored in part from weak goalkeeping on shots that Crepeau has been saving routinely all season, but for another MLS club.

Moral of the story from this game is clearly play your Canadians and good things will happen. 😏

I have no idea what this team is doing with Liam Fraser.

Bradley has been really under performing this season and Vanney still refused to bench or sub him off in games.

Fraser would come in, get praised, then not get a call up for weeks. To make it worse, he isn't even called up for tfc2 at the very least. So whats going on here? He's going week after week without playing any competitive matches. HIs reward for playing well, is no call up at all. What kind of message does that send him?

Way to look out for your young players. That will surely help his progress....

19 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

I have no idea what this team is doing with Liam Fraser.

Bradley has been really under performing this season and Vanney still refused to bench or sub him off in games.

Fraser would come in, get praised, then not get a call up for weeks. To make it worse, he isn't even called up for tfc2 at the very least. So whats going on here? He's going week after week without playing any competitive matches. HIs reward for playing well, is no call up at all. What kind of message does that send him?

Way to look out for your young players. That will surely help his progress....

Fraser did play very well, and could easily play alongside Bradley instead of Vanney project Delgado.  Very frustrating.  But thats the way this team has gone under Vanney.  Look at Hamilton....his reward for 4 goals in 600min was to be traded for a journeyman american 3-4 years older.  

I think Fraser's minutes are slightly up compared to this time last year, and that is despite crashing out of Champions League, which would have given him more minutes, either directly or in the league due to squad rotation. 

Next year Bradley may not even be a TFC player, let's remember that. Fraser is still only 21. He needs to get more playing time, but things are setting up nicely for him to get a bigger role going forward. 

12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Next year Bradley may not even be a TFC player, let's remember that. Fraser is still only 21. He needs to get more playing time, but things are setting up nicely for him to get a bigger role going forward. 

I like your optimism but that's not how TFC works.  If Bradley's gone next year, they will surely bring in someone high priced.  They are not interested in developing players.

6 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I like your optimism but that's not how TFC works.  If Bradley's gone next year, they will surely bring in someone high priced.  They are not interested in developing players.

Haha yeah, that's what I am afraid of.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Fraser did play very well, and could easily play alongside Bradley instead of Vanney project Delgado.  

He could replace Bradley.  Bradley did very well and was an amazing leader during our recent championship run but his contributions now are not 5 million dollars better than Liam’s. If we need a dm Fraser can be the pivot and feed Osorio and Pozuelo.

I would be shocked if Bradley is back on DP money.

He is still worthy of TAM, but whether he accepts that is another matter. Another MLS team could come in and offer him a cool 3 million a year. It is not out of the realm of possibility. 

Everyone already hates Precourt and Austin FC, perhaps they double-down and make Bradley their first DP. The extreme level of derangement and vitriol that would create would be epic!  

As for TFC, they need to use the DP spot on a world class player. An attacker who can make something from nothing. Ibrahimovic, Vela....having such players gives the team a swagger, a feeling they are never out of it. That is what has been missing without Seba. A player who all teams respect and fear...

Pozuelo is a fine player, worthy of his salary, but he’s not going to dominate every match like in his prime Giovinvo.

Edited by Obinna

Watching the LA Derby reminded me of our heyday.  It was a brilliant game with a high level of team skill.  We for sure need to get a player at least equal to Pozuelo if not better who can change the game on a regular basis.  We won’t be able to keep Bradley on DP money and make that happen.

I think if the back line was sorted out, the team stopped leaking goals and generally mentally toughened up you would damn near be back to heyday now.  Altidore and Pozuela make a very good partnership that teams should fear.  If these new wingers show something you could be right back in the thick of things come playoff time.  Stranger things have happened.

12 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Watching the LA Derby reminded me of our heyday.  It was a brilliant game with a high level of team skill.  We for sure need to get a player at least equal to Pozuelo if not better who can change the game on a regular basis.  We won’t be able to keep Bradley on DP money and make that happen.

TFC’s problem is they really only have 1.5 DPs. Pozuelo needs help and Jozy isn’t on the field enough and then Bradley doesn’t impact the game enough to be a DP. I am pretty sure he will be gone in the offseason or back on a TAM deal and then TFC can go out and get a winger DP. Omar has really helped out the back line I’m not worried about it anymore, they just need a new coach and another DP for next year and they will be really good again. 

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Altidore not dressed for the game in NE. Either injured or injury-prevention (cause of the turf) but not good to have him missing in another key game. Maybe Mullins will do something against his old team.

Well he did something....he missed a tap in into an empty net. And yet the goat horns have to go to Westberg for only coming away with 1 point from this game, though it bumps them back into a playoff spot with 2 games in hand over Montreal