CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Lou

On 11/4/2018 at 12:30 PM, Keegan said:

Typical CONCACAF.  I tuned in for the last 7 minutes and saw 12 god awful calls against us.  

The CSA should file a grievance with concacaf.  Why wait until it costs us?  I’ve never seen more obvious bias and that’s saying a lot watching Canada.  That ref crew shouldn’t be allowed to ref another match, it was that bad. 

A clear handball, about 3 clear yellows, the no call on Reid AND then they give them the throw too, the call on Bair in the corner, the yellow to Reid.  Clowns, the CSA better say something, I’m so sick of Canada getting shit on.  Even in nations league, we’re forced to play minnows and these refs try to influence score lines and matches because they feel bad or don’t like us.

I wasn’t able to watch the game, and I haven’t read the whole thread yet, but it sounds like it’s possible the ref was on the take. Did anyone watching get that feeling that he might have had money on the line if Guadeloupe got a result? Usually a bad ref is inconsistent both ways, but from a lot of the comments it sounds more like bias than bad calls both ways. It’s the right kind of game for a fix too, meaning official enough to make bets on it, but low profile enough that you might be able to buy some officials and/or players.

Is Benson Fazilli injured? Kinda shocked  he has not seen  the field in the past 2 games. Although Baldisimo is a strong passer I would not play him as the sole holding midfielder vs Panama ...not sure he is a strong tackler and gave up possession a number of times. Benson would be a better fit as the CDM with Baldisimo perhaps playing instead of Verhoven

6 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

The Cayman Islands goalkeeper is their penalty taker.  He just scored on a penalty late in the first half vs. Guyana to make the score 1-1.

I realize Chilavert for Paraguay scored lots of penalties and free kicks, but don't often see keepers as your set piece guy.

St Kitts let their keeper take a penalty in their last Nations League match as well but was stopped.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Is Benson Fazilli injured? Kinda shocked  he has not seen  the field in the past 2 games. Although Baldisimo is a strong passer I would not play him as the sole holding midfielder vs Panama ...not sure he is a strong tackler and gave up possession a number of times. Benson would be a better fit as the CDM with Baldisimo perhaps playing instead of Verhoven

Agreed, against stronger opposition I wouldn't mind seeing more of a ball winning DM played alongside Baldisimo.