CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Lou

Salvaged win is about right.

3 points is the most important thing. If we win every game we will still probably be fine goal differential or not. Would have been nice to score a few more though. 

Unfortunately believable (given its concacaf) but still completely unacceptable refereeing in the last 20 minutes. Some incredible calls missed. 

Good experience for the some players out there rocky was just that unfortunately bad gane for him and the whole back line. 

Win is the most important thing right now though. Didn't look like it was coming so I'm more relieved right now. 

6 minutes ago, adrenaline11 said:

The ref is just giving Guadalupe calls out of mercy because they can't beat us on talent.

Typical CONCACAF.  I tuned in for the last 7 minutes and saw 12 god awful calls against us.  

The CSA should file a grievance with concacaf.  Why wait until it costs us?  I’ve never seen more obvious bias and that’s saying a lot watching Canada.  That ref crew shouldn’t be allowed to ref another match, it was that bad. 

A clear handball, about 3 clear yellows, the no call on Reid AND then they give them the throw too, the call on Bair in the corner, the yellow to Reid.  Clowns, the CSA better say something, I’m so sick of Canada getting shit on.  Even in nations league, we’re forced to play minnows and these refs try to influence score lines and matches because they feel bad or don’t like us.

Canadian teams continue to master the side and back pass and run out of ideas.

Where are the forward moving combinations from our players? Do any academy teams in Canada attempt drills with 1-2s in the attacking third of the pitch?

It might as well have been the year 2000 out there for our team. Our young club teams play tournaments around the world throughout the year, but you wouldn't know it by watching this tournament so far.

That was a really well worked goal to win it but something has to be done about the quality of refereeing, it is flat out dangerous to let teams go in with studs up tackles trying to injure or intimidate, I know our players have mostly played at pro level reserve teams but they would be hard pressed to come against this kind of incompetent refereeing!

Hernandez should really file a police report. Kid was mugged at every turn. Hopefully Baldisimo isnt gassed, looked a little tired. On the flip side like someone else noted.. adding Bair, Reid and Okello(and Legault) is all the difference in the world

Edited by SpursFlu

I wouldn’t expect much from this team in terms of style.  They’ve never played together.. so either they need to be supremely talented or play a simple style.  Obviously without all our top talent we have to play a safe and simple style.. typical Canada.  

I have to say though, this team looks like it has some players with serious potential.  Okello looks like he could be an absolute monster for us.. we might want to cap tie him before he hits a level that gets eyes.

1 minute ago, The Beaver said:

I think we have to remember our guys have had very very little time playing together. They will need to figure things out as the tournament goes on, and fast.  If they can show they can adapt and improve, then we have reason to be optimistic.

Problem is they now most likely have to beat Panama to go through, Panama should beat Martinique , then Canada needs to also beat Martinique. From this performance today they really need to improve and quick . Right now it’s not looking good would be very surprised if they are able to win this group and move on with these players.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The reffing was so bad that apparently it put our players at risk of injury, but we want our Davies, Tabla, David and Millar out there? Hmm...

Yes we do only way we have a chance of qualifying for this U20 World Cup is if we called in these players or at least a couple of them.

9 minutes ago, The Beaver said:

I think we have to remember our guys have had very very little time playing together. They will need to figure things out as the tournament goes on, and fast.  If they can show they can adapt and improve, then we have reason to be optimistic.

Fine if we were playing Panama last. It's the only game that matters and we play them Tuesday.