Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Cavalry now have a virtual venue. Although tickets prices are relatively high this stadium is going to be pretty cool. I think the plan is to fill in the side opposite the grandstand and once that’s done it will be amazing.

http://cavalryfc.io-media.com/web/index.html

What????  $1300+  and $1100+ for season tickets in the three middle grandstands????  Is that a misprint? 

39 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

What????  $1300+  and $1100+ for season tickets in the three middle grandstands????  Is that a misprint? 

Wow!  That is very steep and for a good percentage of the overall capacity of the stadium.  As a comparison, the most expensive season ticket at Hearts (Scotland) is roughly $850 for 19 league matches at home.  And the most expensive season ticket at the Fury is only $540.  Would be interested what the take up is...

Edited by JamboAl

Looks like thats the guy!  Props to KW519

Left winger, MLS and USL experience as were the clues. Looks like another really solid and exciting pick up for the Cavs.

LB is really the only question mark position in the squad for me, who knows maybe Mavila surprise everyone.

Edited by toontownman

19 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

They were completely tone deaf when they released these based on the current economic state of Calgary, let alone the location of their grounds being a total pain to get to for 2/3 of the population. 

1 hour ago, Oranje said:

They were completely tone deaf when they released these based on the current economic state of Calgary, let alone the location of their grounds being a total pain to get to for 2/3 of the population. 

This is true, however (even as an Eddies supporter living on YYC), there are a bunch off affordable seats available. More than a bunch.

It's easy to pile on regarding the ridiculous prices, it's been beaten to death. As Calgarians, let's fill ALL the appropriately priced seats, show the club that they made a mistake in pricing, and hope they revisit when they see that packed corners and ends and tumbleweeds in the middle isn't a good look to display to the rest of the country.

2 hours ago, ESG Shawn said:

This is true, however (even as an Eddies supporter living on YYC), there are a bunch off affordable seats available. More than a bunch.

It's easy to pile on regarding the ridiculous prices, it's been beaten to death. As Calgarians, let's fill ALL the appropriately priced seats, show the club that they made a mistake in pricing, and hope they revisit when they see that packed corners and ends and tumbleweeds in the middle isn't a good look to display to the rest of the country.

But I wonder if their break even point counts on a number of those expensive seats being sold.  It’s such an exorbitant price to charge for a product that has no history and is not widely  known yet.

15 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But I wonder if their break even point counts on a number of those expensive seats being sold.  It’s such an exorbitant price to charge for a product that has no history and is not widely  known yet.

Someone posted an analysis earlier, half of the most expensive Officers club seasons are sold, and they account for over ~60% of the total season seat revenue.

For some reason I can hear an ex-Toronto Blizzard player called Jimmy Nicholl saying, "a thousand touches achieving nothing" as my immediate response to watching that from an interview in which he described why he favoured a more direct approach when has was managing teams in Scotland. To be fair though it looks like a decent standard and you need to be able to pass the ball about and maintain possession to do well through a Canadian summer. Wimbledon route one stuff won't work for a large portion of the season.