Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread

Rheo

On 3/29/2019 at 5:12 PM, ESG Shawn said:

This is true, however (even as an Eddies supporter living on YYC), there are a bunch off affordable seats available. More than a bunch.

It's easy to pile on regarding the ridiculous prices, it's been beaten to death. As Calgarians, let's fill ALL the appropriately priced seats, show the club that they made a mistake in pricing, and hope they revisit when they see that packed corners and ends and tumbleweeds in the middle isn't a good look to display to the rest of the country.

This is very much in the eye of the beholder. Most of the stadium has affordable seats if CPL came out in 2014 before my spouse and I took some hefty wage cuts to stay employed. It may be just the circles I run in, but that was the overwhelming sentiment with friends as well as the group of guys I play men's league with (who aren't all O&G guys). I am just airing my sour grapes, but I feel like coming in on the lower side to start then gradually raising it as the economy strengthens or the product demands it would have been the wiser choice for 2019.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Oranje said:

but I feel like coming in on the lower side to start then gradually raising it as the economy strengthens or the product demands it would have been the wiser choice for 2019.

I don't disagree with you on this point.

Perhaps I'm in a bit of a an echo chamber (I work for one of the larger non O&G companies in the city, and excitement for the Cavs at work is surprisingly high), but that being said, today, you can get season tickets for under $20/match. 

Considering all the competing choices for your entertainment dollar in this city, $20 to get you in the door for professional sports is fairly priced IMO (and comparable across the league), even in Calgary's current economic state. Again, this is strictly talking about the cheapest seats. 

It's the rest of the stadium that is problematic, and I agree with your sentiments. I just feel like people see the initial sticker shock of the overall pricing (justifiably so) and it's too late to capture them with the $20 seats, as they are already turned off the product. 

6 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

I think you are misinterpreting that..

I just checked on the website... the remaining seats are pricey as hell...

I think they will either reduce the prices at game day or they are confident that people will pay those prices on gameday

6 hours ago, Ansem said:

I just checked on the website... the remaining seats are pricey as hell...

I think they will either reduce the prices at game day or they are confident that people will pay those prices on gameday

Imagine if you paid full price for one of those expensive seats and on match day, they were suddenly reduced?  I know I would never buy another ticket in advance again. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Imagine if you paid full price for one of those expensive seats and on match day, they were suddenly reduced?  I know I would never buy another ticket in advance again. 

Halifax had a similar issue with the Dusseldorf/Selects match. They were a bit tone deaf on the pricing vs quality (Dusseldorf sent a U21 squad, but the advertising stated "Bundesliga"), and after a bit of public backlash lowered the price of all tickets and issued refunds to those who already bought them. I'm sure Cavalry could do the same if it ever came down to it. Mind you, the difference for Halifax was $5, but most people seemed happy with the gesture.

40 minutes ago, Chris 1976 said:

Leeds Utd currently top of 2nd in the championship have single game tickets available starting at £29 so about $48. Kids from £5.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticket-news/24763/tickets-wigan-athletic-h

better off filling the stadium and selling more programs, food and beverages IMO than have half empty stadium, no atmosphere and no real fortress mentality.

FTFY

- a Canary fan.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:26 PM, JamboAl said:

Sort of like flying Air Canada...

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

Liking the intensity already

Nik Ledgerwood wearing the captain armband for the 2nd consecutive pre season match in a row. Strong indication that perhaps he will named the captain once the clubs have to announce them. He is the oldest player in the team (34) with tons of experience 

Archived