Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread

On 3/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, mtlsab said:

Hello,

I'm visiting Calgary on Easter Break and I would like to know if there will be any event regarding Cavalry (friendly match, public training session, fans night) and if I would be able to visit Spruce Meadows?

Might be a question to email to the team directly. 

12 hours ago, toontownman said:

Decent. Like the siege mentality thats being formed according to Tommy as they are hearing it's being said they are the weakest squad and are happy to be dark horses. 

Edit: 

Not a hugely weak U23 team either. Not sure how the Cavs lined up but they did have a couple missing. 

Whitecaps FC Development Squad
Thomas Hasal*; Georges Mukumbilwa, Brendan McDonough*, Connor Guilherme, Gabriel Escobar; Damiano Pecile, David Norman Jr.*, Chance Carter; Nicholas Fussell, Theo Bair*, Kamron Habibullah

Substitutes
Chituru Odunze, Jalen Watson+, Keenan Foley+, Thomas Raimbault+, Vasco Fry+, Emiliano Brienza

*MLS roster
+Academy call-up

I'm sure it was already assumed, but we do see Ledgerwood wearing the captains armband in those pictures.

https://canpl.ca/article/cavalrys-wheeldon-jr-teases-next-atiba-as-trio-of-signings-approach

...However, fans can expect that average to drop as the club will soon sign a couple of U-21 players, one of whom has been developing locally and is earning rave reviews as a 17-year-old.

“This kid can play,” Wheeldon Jr. described. “John Herdman says, ‘More Atibas more often.’ He’s very similar in playing style to Atiba Hutchinson, not to give him a lofty comparison. That’s where he’s at.”

One of the next pieces of Wheeldon Jr.’s puzzle is coming from outside of Canadian borders. The Cavs’ coach has teased his signing beforehand, specifying only that he’s a Central American winger.

Wheeldon Jr. clarified this mystery player should be joining his side in a few weeks, once visa issues get sorted. He’ll likely be around with the Cavs for training in the Dominican Republic....

4 hours ago, KW519 said:

Jose Escalante fits the description. Wheeldon says he's a lefty and Escalante plays on the left. 23 year old Honduran youth international

He's playing with Juticalpa already, so it would presumably have to be a mid-season signing if it's him.

It really doesn't seem like there's any obvious possibilities, but if Wheeldon considers Mexico to be part of "Central America" then Miguel Aguilar would be a very solid signing who fits the description quite closely.

http://www.totalsoccerproject.com/2019/03/cavalry-fc-president-canadian-premier-league-cpl/

Where are we at with regard to Cavalry FC ticket sales?

“Originally, the members had their first right of refusal. And we got close to 1,500 sold (to members) in that regard. Many members are looking at game-packs. Whether it be for the ‘Apertura’ section of the season or the ‘Clausura’ section. (Note: The Canadian Premier League season will be divided into two sections – April to July ‘Apertura’ and July to October ‘Clausura’)

“We’re also going to have the Al Classico game-pack available, and then individual game-packs. They’ll be available April 2. They were just in design, if you will. There are all kinds of permutations and combinations. It’s a learning curve for all of us. (Note: A pre-sale of individual tickets is scheduled to be made available exclusively to members March 25. Tickets will be made available to the general public April 2.)

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

It looks as though they have sold a fair amount of tickets in that section... more than I have expected.

It appears, on the Ticketmaster page, that a number of rows or multi row sections are not available for these single game tickets, but were available for season ticket purchase on Friday. Today they are all 'sold' on the season ticket page, seemingly overnight.  I would go with these middle sections are still selling extremely poorly and they are holding back a large number for flex-packs or for other reasons.