Jonathan David

Vince193

Not the best match for David or the rest of the team, they looked tired, very static no one moving off the ball just standing and waiting for a pass that rarely comes, I was surprised how well this team continued to do because every time I watch they seem to be mediocre, I hope David didn't pick up any knocks and his on his way to join our senior team! Btw, I really don't like the fake fan noise, the more I watch matches without fans the more I appreciate good field level mics picking up the players and coaches yelling and the fake fan noise is an annoyance!

16 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I used to think David's movement and ability to find space was a strength, but I just haven't seen enough of it with Lille. I don't know if it's a positional thing or just a lack of understanding between players. 

I think it's the latter, and not just a lack understanding - David gave Bamba so may good outlets or runs but guess who didn't "see" them. It's like David's old coach once said: David sees plays developing much quicker than his teammates which means they are often a step too late passing to him or late making the move that David has opened up for them to recieve the ball back in space. Note the number of one touch passes he makes versus his teammates. It must be painful for him. 

Edited by saintjoes

A point of comparison: Atlético de Madrid does not play much more attractive football than Lille. Better players, more quality, more precision in certain parts of the pitch, but pretty bad to watch. They are just scraping by lately, Oblak saves a penalty one day, they are gifted penalties other days. They really are not very good at building an attack. And four points clear in La Liga.

Joao Felix, to compare with David--I am sure Portugal fans would like to seem him on a team that plays more attractive ball.

Some thought it was harsh of Joe Cole to say that in their tie vs Chelsea Atlético looked like a Championship team, or a lower level EPL squad. I think it was fair. 

But like Lille and Ligue 1, At Madrid could win La Liga playing like they are.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

of all the players  looking forward to being there for our 2 matches, David would have been top of the list. Getting a break from Lille's style and banging in  a couple of goals would have been uplifting for him...while adding  to his goall tally for the CMNT record. Tough break.

Instead Yilmaz scores his first ever international hat trick in Turkey's 4-2 WC qualifying win over Holland. First off a fortunate deflection, then a penalty and then a delicious free kick.

https://streamvi.com/watch/1616610932

3 Lille players in Turkey's starting 11 along with Meras from le Havre of ligue 2. 

Edited by red card

I realize that Bermuda has been hit harder than we have been with Covid quarantine restrictions since they have less depth to replace the likes of Wells than we have to replace the likes of David, but it still seems somewhat maddening to see three of David's teammates playing in a WCQ today while David is told to stay at home.

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I realize that Bermuda has been hit harder than we have been with Covid quarantine restrictions since they have less depth to replace the likes of Wells than we have to replace the likes of David, but it still seems somewhat maddening to see three of David's teammates playing in a WCQ today while David is told to stay at home.

Yeah that really sucks. It has to be depressing for David. 

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

While Covid is becoming a shit show in Europe again as well.