General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

11 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

it is, you get a bye to later rounds which gives you less chance of elimination. 

If we get out to the likes of Belize or Dominica we deserve to be eliminated

4 hours ago, badname22 said:

What do you think about this for a NT lineup? 

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=fy1t1

I have always liked the 4-4-2 diamond. We've got a good DM in Hutch and LM with Hoilett. Only thing is that we might need an upgrade from Oso at AM (and at CB but that applies regardless of the formation for us). And this doesn't leave any room for Scotty. It's a stable, reliable formation anyhow.

lineup.png

5 hours ago, badname22 said:

What do you think about this for a NT lineup? 

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=fy1t1

34 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

I have always liked the 4-4-2 diamond. We've got a good DM in Hutch and LM with Hoilett. Only thing is that we might need an upgrade from Oso at AM (and at CB but that applies regardless of the formation for us). And this doesn't leave any room for Scotty. It's a stable, reliable formation anyhow.

lineup.png

Not a bad lineup at all... But I agree we need to get stronger at CB particularly... Maybe getting some fence-sitters into the fold won't hurt, lmfao... But I guess this is the best we can line-up for now.. Still fairly competitive imho (at least within Concacaf), but like a lot of you guys would agree here, it can be stronger... I'm surprise this latest edition left out Piette as he has shown this past year at club and international level to be a very solid DM, with all due respect to Atiba (as much as we all hate to day, he is getting old, yet playing amazingly at this age) no more discussions needed... Another guy that could have been added could have been Kaye I think... He has shown some fair promise and prolly was the only good storyline in the latest friendly we had... Where would you put him, tough? Fullback... midfielder? I know he can play both... As far as Osorio, if he can consistently play like last Saturday as all of us would agree, he would be an integral component and fill in well I think as the AM, no? ... Who would you replace him with @ Jith12???  I'm sure there some good fence-sitters, yet unproven that can overtake him... But of the committed ones, who would be your most certain choice?

On 2017-12-14 at 10:59 PM, harrycoyster said:

At this point January looks unlikely.. Next FIFA window is in March.

For real???? This bloody sucks, but again we know how CSA is when it comes to these terms, nothing new... Any recent update/development as to who might be the rumour opponents for the March Fifa window and locations of those matches??.... From everything I have dug information into in this regards, nothing seems to be imminent... If you happen to know, share...

2 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

For real???? This bloody sucks, but again we know how CSA is when it comes to these terms, nothing new... Any recent update/development as to who might be the rumour opponents for the March Fifa window and locations of those matches??.... From everything I have dug information into in this regards, nothing seems to be imminent... If you happen to know, share...

The only full national team rumour we had was than the USMNT was considering playing a second friendly in January and that one of Canada/Jamaica would be the opponent. The Americans decided to only have one Camp Cupcake game.

As for March? Nothing yet. Generally speaking March friendlies are announced in early January. 

28 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

The only full national team rumour we had was than the USMNT was considering playing a second friendly in January and that one of Canada/Jamaica would be the opponent. The Americans decided to only have one Camp Cupcake game.

As for March? Nothing yet. Generally speaking March friendlies are announced in early January. 

Funny how the Americans can play Portugal , Bonsia and now France in June. And Canada can't even play in November and hasn't announce  any future games for the Senior team. It can't be that hard to find teams to play ? Can it ? Oh wait we have find out through other nations media haha. 

31 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Funny how the Americans can play Portugal , Bonsia and now France in June. And Canada can't even play in November and hasn't announce  any future games for the Senior team. It can't be that hard to find teams to play ? Can it ? Oh wait we have find out through other nations media haha. 

Can't really compare us with the USA in terms of quality of opponent we'd be able to get in a World Cup year. That gap is still huge. But there really isn't a reason why we shouldn't be playing a CONCACAF domestic team in Jan.....except money. 

26 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Can't really compare us with the USA in terms of quality of opponent we'd be able to get in a World Cup year. That gap is still huge. But there really isn't a reason why we shouldn't be playing a CONCACAF domestic team in Jan.....except money. 

At this point, it’s not about the  opponent it’s just the fact that they have a games scheduled and seemed like they have their shit in order even with the election happening , the media and with not making the World Cup. Ya the US is not going to the World Cup but they giving what the fans want, games against the worlds best. We couldn’t even have games in November and nothing for Jan yet and if we play  I bet will find out first by the opponents media not ours 

Edited by SpecialK

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

No camp poutine for the north american guys??  Or does the u-23 florida camp in Jan count??   Thats better than nothing.  Maybe Tabla will accept a call?  

Wait and see. Who honestly knows? Also nothing wrong with a U23 camps.

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

At this point, it’s not about the  opponent it’s just the fact that they have a games scheduled and seemed like they have their shit in order even with the election happening , the media and with not making the World Cup. Ya the US is not going to the World Cup but they giving what the fans want, games against the worlds best. We couldn’t even have games in November and nothing for Jan yet and if we play  I bet will find out first by the opponents media not ours 

A big reason why the US gets the opponents they do with such ease is because it's the US and there's a nice pay day in it for everyone. There is a desire to play there so the US is able to arrange things with ease. This desire does not exist with Canada and you should just accept it already.

It's not weird to have a late announcement for January as it's a non-FIFA date. They've already announced a u23 thing and it would not be shocking if this is the camp and included a friendly with either a U23 or senior team. Also it sounds like the November game was one that fell apart towards the end. Why? No idea.

Edited by matty

39 minutes ago, matty said:

Wait and see. Who honestly knows? Also nothing wrong with a U23 camps.

A big reason why the US gets the opponents they do with such ease is because it's the US and there's a nice pay day in it for everyone. There is a desire to play there so the US is able to arrange things with ease. This desire does not exist with Canada and you should just accept it already.

It's not weird to have a late announcement for January as it's a non-FIFA date. They've already announced a u23 thing and it would not be shocking if this is the camp and included a friendly with either a U23 or senior team. Also it sounds like the November game was one that fell apart towards the end. Why? No idea.

I have accepted the US will get those teams, but Canada should book someone and it might be easier now that World Cup teams get more money for prep and training. I just find the Men's program so staggent and the CSA is so slow at reported updates, we hear the news first from the other teams. Even the Scotland game, they were reporting it way before the CSA did. 

A tournament is totally needed.  

Edited by SpecialK

11 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Not a bad lineup at all... But I agree we need to get stronger at CB particularly... Maybe getting some fence-sitters into the fold won't hurt, lmfao... But I guess this is the best we can line-up for now.. Still fairly competitive imho (at least within Concacaf), but like a lot of you guys would agree here, it can be stronger... I'm surprise this latest edition left out Piette as he has shown this past year at club and international level to be a very solid DM, with all due respect to Atiba (as much as we all hate to day, he is getting old, yet playing amazingly at this age) no more discussions needed... Another guy that could have been added could have been Kaye I think... He has shown some fair promise and prolly was the only good storyline in the latest friendly we had... Where would you put him, tough? Fullback... midfielder? I know he can play both... As far as Osorio, if he can consistently play like last Saturday as all of us would agree, he would be an integral component and fill in well I think as the AM, no? ... Who would you replace him with @ Jith12???  I'm sure there some good fence-sitters, yet unproven that can overtake him... But of the committed ones, who would be your most certain choice?

That's the problem, he is our best option at AM. Oso is a great player but we can get more competetive at that position. Regarding Piette, he is behind both Hutch and Scotty at DM. What sucks about the 4-4-2 diamond for us is that we are unable to play Hutch and Scotty at the same time and Piette will fall back on the depth chart.

46 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

That's the problem, he is our best option at AM. Oso is a great player but we can get more competetive at that position. Regarding Piette, he is behind both Hutch and Scotty at DM. What sucks about the 4-4-2 diamond for us is that we are unable to play Hutch and Scotty at the same time and Piette will fall back on the depth chart.

Arfield offers so much going forward that there is no way he gets slotted in at DM.  Piette is very capable in that position, so Scott A is far better utilized in an attacking capacity.  Piette is still behind Hutch, but within a year or two (likely) Piette will probably be a lock for Canada's DM role for the next decade.

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I have accepted the US will get those teams, but Canada should book someone and it might be easier now that World Cup teams get more money for prep and training. I just find the Men's program so staggent and the CSA is so slow at reported updates, we hear the news first from the other teams. Even the Scotland game, they were reporting it way before the CSA did. 

A tournament is totally needed.  

It's under going an overhaul at various levels so it's far fr staggent also who gives a and why give fuck about the csa reporting shit?

7 hours ago, matty said:

Usually yes. But France aren't playing the US in the lead up to a World Cup because they'll make $500k. Breaking down the US in a 4141 or 532 is a hell of a time and will be pretty similar to trying to break through Australia and Denmark at the World Cup. We'd get WC prep games as well if we could simulate a WC calibre team. 

21 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Usually yes. But France aren't playing the US in the lead up to a World Cup because they'll make $500k. Breaking down the US in a 4141 or 532 is a hell of a time and will be pretty similar to trying to break through Australia and Denmark at the World Cup. We'd get WC prep games as well if we could simulate a WC calibre team. 

I did imply partly but i do agree with you that another big reason is the US's level of play. I do think Canada will get  similar game around the same time.