CPL TV Contract

16 hours ago, admin said:

I know. 

The last year has left me truly bewildered at the negativity and the work people go to find something to complain about. Like they work at it...

If you went back two or three years and read old posts I am confident that any objective reader would conclude that, with the obvious exception of entry for rebranded MLS affiliates, what I was advocating should happen with CanPL in terms of relatively low original CSL salary cap level budgets, heavily domestic rosters and a focus on smaller Saskatoon, Halifax and Victoria sized markets is actually a lot closer to what is happening at the moment than the podcast driven consensus on here that revolved around a relatively big budget direct rival to MLS that would mirror the CFL in structure.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If you went back two or three years and read old posts I think any objective reader would conclude that, with the obvious exception of entry for rebranded MLS affiliates, what I was advocating should happen with CanPL in terms of relatively low original CSL level budgets, heavily domestic rosters and a focus on smaller Saskatoon, Halifax and Victoria sized markets is actually a lot closer to what is happening at the moment than the podcast driven consensus on here that revolved around a relatively big budget direct rival to MLS that would mirror the CFL in structure.

Actually, I wasn't talking about you. 

I was more referring to the abject pathological shit on social media wrt to the World Cup, CanPL and Nations League. 

I don't have any doubt you would be happy if this all succeeds.   These people... not so much. 

9 hours ago, DrFitzpatrick said:

Peter Shaad mentioned it during the Whitecaps game

Broadcasters are sliding it in because they know it means jobs in an industry thst is hard hit. They also know it is exciting and news worthy. When it comes to produced or edited content, thats where the politics start. Corey Basso and Coljn Miller discussed pre and post on the Capa radio broadcast but again unscripted banter and content on sportscenter 2 totally different things

Edited by SpursFlu

7 hours ago, Lofty said:

When a cunt like @longlugan makes an entirely unprovoked cuntish post I feel the need to respond.

Kudos to BBTB for his equanimity in the face of all the cuntish posts he has aimed at him, in true Voyageurs fashion.

I was done until I saw your post but I'm really done now.

What did I miss here?

How do we set the moderation level and who should be moderators?   No one wants to do it. 

The Reporting system, at least on the old site,  is full of people complaining about opinions. 

Not sure how to do this. 

On 4/29/2019 at 1:49 AM, matty said:

wonder what they'll be doing for the other 6 months in addition to the sporadic national team games. metrostars and masl does run most of the cpl off season and i imagine there could be something like a super cup of the cpl and canchamp winners or something like eredivisie or primeira liga. it'll be interesting to see

I hope Mediapro starts showing some of the action from the 16 leagues they do production for that nobody is showing in Canada. Eventually, as rights expire for BEIN, they can get it away from DAZN. There are also plenty of football leagues and competitons where the rights can be scooped for not much - which is what ESPN+ has done.

53 minutes ago, red card said:

I hope Mediapro starts showing some of the action from the 16 leagues they do production for that nobody is showing in Canada. Eventually, as rights expire for BEIN, they can get it away from DAZN. There are also plenty of football leagues and competitons where the rights can be scooped for not much - which is what ESPN+ has done.

This makes a lot of sense, depends if mediapro think it will draw enough people in for the expense. As you say once the rights are away from BEIN and DAZN that could be a game changer for OneSoccer. 

8 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Digging Clare Rusted. She doesn’t over power the broadcast, chimes in when appropriate., insight is appreciated. And I just looked it up, she has a degree in epidemiology from Cambridge, badass!

Agreed she's been fantastic. Unfortunately she can only do a few select matches this year. She's been a breath of fresh air compared to KJ and Caldwell. 

I don't suspect we will hear much about the CPL from TSN as they are tied in to MLS.

And since they are losing the Premier League rights, I think they will go all in on MLS while CBC/Sportsnet should benefit with the CPL.  I can understand them just going with 20 games to start, but should this (or should I say when this) all takes off there will probably be more games.

Edited by Terry_Canuck

Not sure if I missed this earlier but the One Soccer app today now seems to support Apple Airplay as opposed to “screen mirroring”.  Pretty sure that wasn’t the case for last weekend’s games.  That is a major improvement for apple users.  Now all we need is a native AppleTV app.

Also glad to see that Mitch Peacock is doing play by play for Valour on one soccer.  Hope he does more games.  I subscribed to the Manitoba Moose streaming service last winter and he did all the Moose games so very used to his voice and style.

16 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

I don't suspect we will hear much about the CPL from TSN as they are tied in to MLS.

And now TSN has a piece announcing the start of CPL play. Brief, and I mean BRIEF, recaps of yesterday's matches, and a photo of Tim Horton's Field! I suggest we all click on the link to drive CPL traffic on TSN:

https://www.tsn.ca/cpl-roundup-fc-edmonton-beats-valour-fc-in-home-opener-1.1300976

I also note the above article is right under news that Cardiff is relegated, sending Junior down. Of course, no mention of Hoilett in that piece.

Edited by RickC