CPL TV Contract

3 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Watching the CBC television feed wouldn't affect anything if you're not a Numeris household. 

Correct.

@Ruffian if you want to show CBC that you support the CPL (which i think is a great idea) and are not a Numeris household, I think the best way would be to watch an official stream from them, which they can track.

7 hours ago, Cblake said:

Is the One Soccer app available yet?

Just wondering, in order to see the see matches and pre/post game coverage can it only be through the app? Can I just for example pull up my laptop, phone or Tablet and just go to the website on safari browser 

14 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Valdano has been one of Spain's best, most lucid football commentators for over 20 years. Apart from having a very distinct, original and imo refined Spanish. He is one of the Movistar commentators, formerly BeIN (MediaPro rights). Together with Santiago Segurola, who is a former radio commentator who does the Basque teams, he's amongst the best in the country as I see it. 

It's clear that MediaPro is very focused on what they are doing.

feel this is worth mentioning http://worldsoccertalk.com/2019/04/25/mls-tv-ratings-disaster-new-york-city/

"In the same city that Major League Soccer calls home, which is also the number one TV market in the United States, MLS’s two teams in the New York region have been a TV ratings disaster.

Despite the two MLS teams being accessible in more than 7.3 million homes in the New York area, TV ratings for nationally-televised games featuring New York City FC and New York Red Bulls have not “moved the needle” for the top-flight soccer league in the United States....

...The poor viewing numbers for the New York teams is a worrying trend for Major League Soccer. In the media capital of the world, New York City, MLS is barely visible. With the current TV deal set to expire in 2022, broadcasters have to wonder what else can be done to make the league relevant in the New York area. After all, if the league has a perception problem in the number one TV market in the United States, there are larger problems afoot."

CPL is currently in 2 of the 4 major markets with 3 teams (York, PFC, Forge), hope that live numbers turn into broadcast numbers both with CBC and OneSoccer. Tune in!

Edited by matty

Pricing has been released for One Soccer $9.99/month free 1-month trail. Special rate of $49.99 for the year for season ticket holders!!! I am down for $50 for the year for sure. Also looks like its $74.99/yr for the average fan if they get an annual pass.

This info was found in the Centre Circle App.

Edited by Hybred

So if that's $60 on average per season, they need around 16,700 subscribers to generate $1 million in revenue. Their broadcast costs alone are probably in excess of $5 million if it's $50k a game, so they would probably need around 100,000 people on board to make it work on subscriptions, if the CBC deal and commercial sponsors don't put a significant dent into being able to cover expenses.

Since the NHL playoffs Western Conference Saturday game is a matinee, after the 8pm Boston-Carolina game ends,  CBC listings now list the 11:00pm to 1:00am timeslot (Toronto local time) but for all affiliates across the Canada now show a replay of the Forge v York9 game.  So that means right after the hockey coverage ends the next program is the CPL. 

Canadians get a second chance to see it!  But please no NHL double-overtime.  

https://canpl.ca/article/onesoccer-announces-pricing-release-date-information

Soccer fans around the world will have access to affordable coverage of more than 130 matches this year, including pre- and post-match analysis and half times shows around every match for $9.99 a month after a free one-month trial. Other pricing options include $5.99 for a 24-hour pass and for as little as $6.25/month with a $74.99 yearly pass. As a value-added offer all Canadian Premier season ticket holders will be able to subscribe for a special rate of $49.99 per year.

The app is also available for download however it only prompts a sign in screen. I don't see anyway of actually signing up. Perhaps it will be available tomorrow at 12pm when the channel actually launches.

I am going to sign up. I haven't been able to get seasons tickets, mostly due to lack of time so this makes a lot of sense to me.

I love how much the league is offering deals to the seasons ticket members. With all the deals it nearly pays for itself. It makes buying seasons tickets really attractive to even casual fans. I could see the seasons ticket numbers continually rising if they keep this up.

I should add further to my knee jerk, rather than $9.99, $6.25/month with a $74.99 yearly pass is more palatable. Although depends on their off season content.  

With one month free and paying until season end its $49.95. The bonus with the annual is getting an extra national team game, provided it's a home game in November not away? I am not sure what other content is worth 9.99 from Nov until March (when Pre-season matches will likely be streamed). Time will tell as I am sure they have a plan for more content that makes subscribing worthwhile throughout the close season.