David Wotherspoon

IceCreamMan

6 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

When you play for a low-end SPL side, do you keep the proceeds of your testimonial or have to do it for charity like a big-time player?

I would assume the beer they pay you in is meant to be shared, not consumed alone, but spoony can do what he pleases with it, he’s earned it. 

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, jordan said:

Interesting, I guess I could see Vancouver Whitecaps signing him up on a short term deal and being a bit player.

I'm not sure a CanPL team would be able to afford him.  But he is 33, and if he's offered coaching opportunities and looking just to move out to Canada in general, then it wouldn't be farfetched to see him in Calgary, playing a similar role Ledgerwood did in the early days of the league.

6 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

Interesting, I guess I could see Vancouver Whitecaps signing him up on a short term deal and being a bit player.

I'm not sure a CanPL team would be able to afford him.  But he is 33, and if he's offered coaching opportunities and looking just to move out to Canada in general, then it wouldn't be farfetched to see him in Calgary, playing a similar role Ledgerwood did in the early days of the league.

Cavalry is moving Escalante on so there would be room and likely good cap space.

8 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

I would guess that he still has options in Scotland that are of higher quality than the CPL.  MLS might be of interest to him.  I actually don't see the Whitecaps being a fit.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:13 AM, StillOnFire said:

I really don’t see it. The Caps already had so many attacking midfielders that they shipped Dajome out. WFC2 is stuffed full of AMs as well. 

They will look to add a defender or potentially a reliable backup gk, if they add anywhere at all.

6 hours ago, footballfreak said:

I really don’t see it. The Caps already had so many attacking midfielders that they shipped Dajome out. WFC2 is stuffed full of AMs as well. 

They will look to add a defender or potentially a reliable backup gk, if they add anywhere at all.

Hasal has really fallen than hard?

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Hasal has really fallen than hard?

He was sent down to WFC2 to get his mojo back and was promptly red carded 25 yards from goal. He could still turn things around, but he’s been below MLS backup quality for a year and a half now, and things are trending in the wrong direction. At some point the team will cut bait since Boehmer and Anchor are waiting in the wings. If the Caps make a serious push towards the upper third of the West, it may be worthwhile to move Hasal out in favour of a more secure pair of hands.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 9:40 AM, youllneverwalkalone said:

That sounds about right given his recent form for Canada. Fare thee well Spoony.

unfortunate but with such a major injury at an older age, it’s very much expected his form has dropped so maybe 2nd division isn’t the worst

Glad he got his World Cup though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nolando said:

Forever linked in my mind with the legendary Richard Hastings.

I associate them with Calum Ferguson (remember him) and also Charlie Trafford spending his prime years there when they were unable to get out of the Scottish Championship.

I had such high hopes for Trafford. Sigh.