David Wotherspoon

IceCreamMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He should go, wondering how Herdman will adjust the 26 though.

You'd think Henry would have to be left off but now Kennedy is gone you need CBs to sub in if any of the starters has a card, or help save a result. 

In any case, I think we can't be talking about Liam Fraser playing himself onto the team if Wotherspoon is healthy and fit. He deserves to be there, I agree.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He should go, wondering how Herdman will adjust the 26 though.

You'd think Henry would have to be left off but now Kennedy is gone you need CBs to sub in if any of the starters has a card, or help save a result. 

In any case, I think we can't be talking about Liam Fraser playing himself onto the team if Wotherspoon is healthy and fit. He deserves to be there, I agree.

yea i agree, Wotherspoon has to be there ahead of Fraser

Just now, sose said:

yea.. Kaye was out of form for months and he hasn't played in weeks.  I would argue that if Wotherspoon can get into full get fitness over the next few weeks then he might be ahead of Oso.

Pisses me off a bit we may end up with more than a couple players there only for reasons of sentiment and brotherhood.

I get taking one, and just one, for those reasons (Hutch), but the whole Henry business has been silly season. Now, fine, with Kennedy gone, I accept it, we may need him. But in the end we have Hutch who has not played, Osorio who seems to be strugging, Kaye who had a poor season. Henry. They will all go almost regardless of anything, unless they have a clearly definitive injury not allowing them to even train. 

This likely does mean that it may come down to hard decisions on certain players. Though with Davies iffy, likely coming off an injury that may slow down his attacking pace, are we clear about making it a choice between Millar and Corbeanu? 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Pisses me off a bit we may end up with more than a couple players there only for reasons of sentiment and brotherhood.

I get taking one, and just one, for those reasons (Hutch), but the whole Henry business has been silly season. Now, fine, with Kennedy gone, I accept it, we may need him. But in the end we have Hutch who has not played, Osorio who seems to be strugging, Kaye who had a poor season. Henry. They will all go almost regardless of anything, unless they have a clearly definitive injury not allowing them to even train. 

This likely does mean that it may come down to hard decisions on certain players. Though with Davies iffy, likely coming off an injury that may slow down his attacking pace, are we clear about making it a choice between Millar and Corbeanu? 

I think part of the issue is that no one has really emerged at their spots to knock them off the plane.  Waterman has had decent year and in my opinion, deserves to go more than Henry but as others have noted on here, its not like he doesn’t have his limitations.  Plus Henry is a big body of which he is the only CB we have like that.  Kone has definitely emerged but he is a very different player to Osorio and probably takes Fraser’s spot anyway.  Kone is similar to Kaye but there are spots for both.  If Wotherspoon hadn’t been out most of the year with a significant injury and been in form, I suspect he would have Kaye’s spot. And if Arfield had not retired, he definitely would.  So the question now is whether Wotherspoon is in good enough form to bring over Kaye.  I suspect as others have said, the Bahrain match and mini-camp, and next weekend’s fixtures will seal it one way or the other.