Jump to content

David Wotherspoon


IceCreamMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not sure how accurate but his Wikipedia say him Mom was born in Azerbaijan and he qualifies to play for their national team. 

Article claimed his moms name is Sheila, doesn't seem like a Azerbaijani name, but you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's certainly had lots of playing time as a consistent starter in the SPL.

If he's a central or right midfielder for us, where would he rate for us?  Certainly in the mix but would he be a starter for us automatically?  

Outside of Celtic, I've considered the SPL a notch below MLS or close to MLS.  But I don't watch SPL so I don't know.  

Edited by baulderdash77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

He's certainly had lots of playing time as a consistent starter in the SPL.

If he's a central or right midfielder for us, where would he rate for us?  Certainly in the mix but would he be a starter for us automatically?  

He would definitely be a strong contender for the CAM role if OZ does decide to stick to a 4-2-3-1 and Arfield continues to play in midfield. His competition for that spot would be Osorio and Akindele, and then possibly Bustos, Jackson and Haworth so I imagine he'd have a very solid shot at it. RW isn't set in stone either, he'd be more than good competition for Ricketts, Aird, Akindele, etc. And our midfield has only been getting thinner and thinner over the last 6 months as well.

Generally I'd say he seems like a good quality player and his versatility should give him a good shot at securing a substantial role in the CMNT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not sure how accurate but his Wikipedia say him Mom was born in Azerbaijan and he qualifies to play for their national team. 

 

57 minutes ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Article claimed his moms name is Sheila, doesn't seem like a Azerbaijani name, but you never know.

I think that might just be bogus, the article cited for his supposed Azerbaijan eligibility on Wikipedia makes absolutely no mention of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fastfeet2 said:

He scores goals though. That is a better weapon 

Never said he didn't...I'm a Ricketts believer in that aspect that he should always be selected in the roster as he can be a late game weapon to score goals. 

But thats it.

He's not taking players 1v1 out wide, and if he beats them the cross isn't coming into the box.

He's not holding up the ball, as his touch is horrible.

But he will stretch the backline, and get on loose balls which is perfect when chasing a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jahinho Guerro said:

Never said he didn't...I'm a Ricketts believer in that aspect that he should always be selected in the roster as he can be a late game weapon to score goals. 

But thats it.

He's not taking players 1v1 out wide, and if he beats them the cross isn't coming into the box.

He's not holding up the ball, as his touch is horrible.

But he will stretch the backline, and get on loose balls which is perfect when chasing a game.

Im not disagreeing with you, hes incredibly raw, but just thought i would mention his goals as another weapon to his game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Im not disagreeing with you, hes incredibly raw, but just thought i would mention his goals as another weapon to his game 

I guess I did leave that vitally important point out (I normally do mention it). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Seems like he can play a few positions. Always an asset if he doesn't find himself starting immediately. Anyone watching St. Johnstone regularly? 

You know, I always wonder if being able to play multiple positions is an asset or if it simply means your not good enough at one position. Maybe its a bit of both?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

He's certainly had lots of playing time as a consistent starter in the SPL.

If he's a central or right midfielder for us, where would he rate for us?  Certainly in the mix but would he be a starter for us automatically?  

Outside of Celtic, I've considered the SPL a notch below MLS or close to MLS.  But I don't watch SPL so I don't know.  

Looks to have the same positional flexibility as Arfield. Might give us the opportunity to play Arfield at right midfield.

FWIW, wiki says he likes playing central.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Seems like he can play a few positions. Always an asset if he doesn't find himself starting immediately. Anyone watching St. Johnstone regularly? 

Yes looks to be another depth player at minimum. Good age too (1990 so same as Junior, Straith etc.).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...