David Wotherspoon

IceCreamMan

On 2017-08-06 at 3:05 PM, canta15 said:

this is the mentality towards why our team's chemistry is so shite. Let's continue to call the B-team for friendlies and let our A team figure it out when the real games start

No Man! ??‍♂️ First of all, let's not be selfish here. You're not gonna call up 7/8 players for a 10 day camp and just ONE Friendly.

Club over international duty in this case, 

since CMNT plays their next official matches in 18-20 months for WCQ (depending on our FIFA ranking & the draw) and then the Gold Cup in July of 2019. 

If Zambrano would call up a North American Based Squad i would not consider it a B Team

OUT:

starters such as:

GK - Borjan (Serbia), CB - James (Hungary), CB - Vitoria (Poland), RB - Petrasso, CM - Arfield & Hoilett (England) may not be there as well as Leutwiler (England), Aird (Scotland) & Adekugbe (Sweden) although I'm confident in what we have. 

Simeon Jackson, Marcus Haber (UK) Included.

N/A: Cavallini and others in South America 

IN: 

Forwards (4)

• Cyle Larin (Orlando City) 

• Tosaint Ricketts (Toronto FC) 

• Anthony Jackson Hamel (Montreal Impact)

• Jordan Hamilton (Toronto FC)

Midfielders (7)

• Patrice Bernier (Montreal Impact)

• Will Johnson (Orlando City) 

•  Jonathan Osorio (Toronto FC)

• Russell Teibert (Vancouver Whitecaps) 

• Tesho Akindele (FC Dallas) 

• Samuel Piette (Montreal Impact) 

• Alphonso Davies (Vancouver Whitecaps) 

Defenders (5)

• Marcel de Jong (Vancouver Whitecaps) - LB 

• Dejan Jackovic (NY Cosmos) - CB

• Adam Straith (Unattached) - CB

• Nik Ledgerwood (FC Edmonton) -  RB

• Ashtone Morgan / Wandrille Lefevre / Máxime Tissot / Karl Ouimette or Tyler Pasher - FB

*Unless David Edgar can recover from his injury and is at full health on time)*

Goalkeepers (2)

• Máxime Crepeau (Montreal Impact) 

• Callum Irving (Ottawa Fury) 

¡That would be my 18 players! 

34 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

No Man! ??‍♂️ First of all, let's not be selfish here. You're not gonna call up 7/8 players for a 10 day camp and just ONE Friendly.

since CMNT plays their next official matches in 18-20 months for WCQ (depending on our FIFA ranking & the draw) and then the Gold Cup in July of 2019. 

If Zambrano would call up a North American Based Squad i would not consider it a B Team

OUT:

starters such as:

GK - Borjan (Serbia), CB - James (Hungary), CB - Vitoria (Poland), RB - Petrasso, CM - Arfield & Hoilett (England) may not be there as well as Leutwiler (England), Aird (Scotland) & Adekugbe (Sweden) although I'm confident in what we have. 

IN: 

Forwards (4)

Midfielders (7)

Defenders (5)

• Ashtone Morgan / Wandrille Lefevre / Máxime Tissot / Karl Ouimette or Tyler Pasher - FB

Goalkeepers (2)

It's during an international break, I wouldn't rule them out especially  players such as Aird, Petrasso and Adekugbe and Leutwiler that might not be playing regularly 

6 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

OUT:

starters such as:

IN: 

Forwards (4)

Midfielders (7)

Defenders (5)

Goalkeepers (2)

It is an International Break. International > over club. We would be missing out on 6 starters.... A third of the players you listed are not good enough for the nats and don't deserve a call up. Would rather focus our time on developing our chemistry for once and not be shitting the bed when the real competition starts. We have been being "unselfish"  the last WCQ cycle and look where that got us.

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Didn't Zambrano already say this match is going to be more about the players that didn't go to the gold cup and he is still assessing our talent pool. Basically his justification in not picking tesho for the gold cup. 

Exactly! He said that "by the time WCQ Campaign starts we want to have a pretty good idea of what our pool of players looks like, as in it's enough time to take a look at everyone" 

- Octavio Zambrano 

In that case, a non Gold Cup team may consist of:

Haber Jackson Hamilton

Akindele Edwards Wotherspoon Aleman Tissot Froese Bustos Bekker D. Gutierrez C. Trafford

Ledgerwood C. Gutierrez Morgan Cordova Pasher 

Straith Kapor Gasparotto Attakora M. Trafford Ouimette

Thomas Chencinski Irving

12 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Haber Jackson Hamilton

Akindele Edwards Wotherspoon Aleman Tissot Froese Bustos Bekker D. Gutierrez C. Trafford

Thomas Chencinski Irving

Thomas ( he might be still hurt ) or Leutwiler, Chencinski, Breza 

i would take out ledgerwood, he's kinda old and young players need the playing time. I would love to see Wotherspoon in a Canadian jersey, he's a type player Canada needs and brings a ton of experience. 

49 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Is Wotherspoon even going to join Canada? Has Zambrano talked about him?

could of swore some said on here that he was in the process of gettig his passport

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Haber Jackson Hamilton

Thomas Chencinski Irving

Jesus, With the exception of a few this sounds like an awful squad! 

8 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

The squads being listed are bullshit. Call up our best, we're playing one of the few games we ever get on home soil so we better perform.

Are you referring to the squad that @BrennanFan listed? Or mine, The North American Based Squad:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Forwards (4)

Midfielders (7)

Defenders (5)

Goalkeepers (2)

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Your lineup isn't horrible Thomas, but it could be a lot better especially in the back and in goal.

Right on, who else would you call up then? Considering Zambrano wants to take a look at everyone (rotate our player pool) 

From Europe; Besides Arfield and Hoilett, Petrasso/Aird? James, Vitoria maybe? 

If this is meant to be a North American Based Squad 

On August 6, 2017 at 5:31 PM, hamiltonfan said:

David is arguably in our starting 11 from Day 1, certainly 23.

Did you watch St. Johnstone in the Europa League? I would call him in and give him a look if he's interested, but unless he shows something as a right back, I don't expect him to be a squad regular and certainly not a starter. He's in his prime and depth is depth, but let's keep expectations reasonable.

cheers, matthew

7 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Right on, who else would you call up then? Considering Zambrano wants to take a look at everyone (rotate our player pool) 

From Europe; Besides Arfield and Hoilett, Petrasso/Aird? James, Vitoria maybe? 

If this is meant to be a North American Based Squad 

See, i wouldn't rotate the squad for this game. I want to win this game in front of the home fans at BMO and aa Bertuzzi said, get revenge for the GC QF.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

If he has his passport and all paper signed, he's gonna be on the roster against Jamaica. He's a talented player and brings experience and even if he doesn't start , he bring great depth. Also European players need to come to Toronto.  

Why do they need to come to Toronto?

I am excited about the prospect of Spoon joining and I see no reason why it won't be a matter of if, but when.

Factor in the ever increasing possibility of Christian Gutierrez joining up, and the long-shot, (yet possible) scenario of Bryan Christante, we'll I must say I feel very optimistic about our future.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Why do they need to come to Toronto?

I am excited about the prospect of Spoon joining and I see no reason why it won't be a matter of if, but when.

Factor in the ever increasing possibility of Christian Gutierrez joining up, and the long-shot, (yet possible) scenario of Bryan Christante, we'll I must say I feel very optimistic about our future.

Because it's  important for Canadian fans to see that Canada has really good players playing in Euro. Also it could also give a chance for euro based players to see and really experience Canada, hint hint CPL lol.

Also we need really good players to beat Jamaica. 

The team has to be a mix of sure fire guys and guys who didn't get a look at the gold cup. 

You also have to realize that some of these players have never played in front of family in Toronto before (petrasso, hoilett) even guys like Hutchinson and arfield will want to play at bmo.. we haven't played here in a while it's rare. It's not "selfish" to call anyone as they aren't forced to come.. 10 days of camp is a long time don't just look at it as one game. 

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Because it's  important for Canadian fans to see that Canada has really good players playing in Euro. Also it could also give a chance for euro based players to see and really experience Canada, hint hint CPL lol.

Also we need really good players to beat Jamaica. 

I am in favour of striking a balance between giving guys looks (Spoon, Akindele, Cordova etc.) with calling in our top players, regardless of where they play (Larin, Hoilett, Arfield etc.). 

If established players (and I would include Hoilett and Arfield) turn down the call to rename with clubs, I'm okay with that, but we should call them regardless. Why not call a top squad?

The guys I would leave out are the less established players who have already had a run out in the Gold Cup, especially those in Europe. I'm thinking guys like Petrasso, Adekugbe and James, who we don't want to pull away from their clubs. I don't care if we pull away Hoilett or Arfield, those guys have no trouble for club minutes.

Perhaps the wrong thread for this, but this is what I would like to see:

Gk - Crepeau, one of Borjan and Lieutwiler

D- De Jong, Cordova, Straith, Vitoria, Attakora, Tissot, Ledgerwood 

M- Arfield, Hoilett, Davies, Chapman, Edwards, Akindele, Bernier, Piette

F - Larin, Ricketts, Haber, Cavallini

*Next in line: Lefvere, Bekker, Hamilton.

Ps: meant to includes spoon if his papers come in time.

Edited by Obinna

I think it's important to bring strong players, first game in Toronto in 2 years, lots of hype around TFC, Canada will have the spotlight and it's in moments like these that we need to perform. I understand it's a friendly, but if your average soccer fan watches a 1-0 Jamaica win I don't think it will benefit Canada all that much in terms of gaining support. IMO you bring the big dogs that want to go and you give the fans a good show. Nothing to get excited about for a couple of years so we need to keep them interested.