David Wotherspoon

IceCreamMan

2 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I think it's important to bring strong players, first game in Toronto in 2 years, lots of hype around TFC, Canada will have the spotlight and it's in moments like these that we need to perform. I understand it's a friendly, but if your average soccer fan watches a 1-0 Jamaica win I don't think it will benefit Canada all that much in terms of gaining support. IMO you bring the big dogs that want to go and you give the fans a good show. Nothing to get excited about for a couple of years so we need to keep them interested.

I think we need our big dogs just to manage a 1-0 against Jamaica right now. They were great last month.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think we need our big dogs just to manage a 1-0 against Jamaica right now. They were great last month.

Yeah true haha, I guess what I meant is I would like to see them for us a chance to score some goals without getting demolished. 

• 6 months later...

A recent story from the 'Scottish Sun'....

"If he receives his new passport in time Perth-born Wotherspoon, 28, would then be eligible for Canada’s next get-together next month.

New coach John Herdman takes charge of the Canucks for the first time in a friendly against New Zealand on March 24 after leaving his role as gaffer of the country’s women’s team."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2228510/st-johnstone-david-wotherspoon-international-allegiance-canada/

5 hours ago, Toje said:

A recent story from the 'Scottish Sun'....

"If he receives his new passport in time Perth-born Wotherspoon, 28, would then be eligible for Canada’s next get-together next month.

New coach John Herdman takes charge of the Canucks for the first time in a friendly against New Zealand on March 24 after leaving his role as gaffer of the country’s women’s team."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2228510/st-johnstone-david-wotherspoon-international-allegiance-canada/

Great!!!!.... Will he be a good addition to CANMNT?????... 

• 3 weeks later...