Octavio Zambrano

RJB

10 hours ago, canta15 said:

to see that the hell is happening with this guy

I think with Cavallini on a new club and as yet getting few minutes, it is better to wait. I mean, first, play, get some time with your club. Let me see you play. Then, talk to him about Canada. 

We have a few cases like this, players not getting any minutes with clubs should not be called up, at least not as priority players. 

Another I am worried about is Leutwiler, who I would say is a good bet for us, but on a League One team. Now that they are doing terribly and free-falling and Shrewsbury looks like they'll drop a division, he is much less interesting for us. If he could stay in L1 I'd feel differently as he's still  young.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think with Cavallini on a new club and as yet getting few minutes, it is better to wait. I mean, first, play, get some time with your club. Let me see you play. Then, talk to him about Canada. 

We have a few cases like this, players not getting any minutes with clubs should not be called up, at least not as priority players. 

Another I am worried about is Leutwiler, who I would say is a good bet for us, but on a League One team. Now that they are doing terribly and free-falling and Shrewsbury looks like they'll drop a division, he is much less interesting for us. If he could stay in L1 I'd feel differently as he's still  young.

My friend i dont think you are aware....but Lucas has played in 9 games scoring 4 goals, it's safe to say if he leaves during the international break that his spot will be there upon return.

And I'm not worried about Jayson. ..as out of the goalies in our pool...he's one of the few playing,  regardless of league or division, and he's not our number 1. My concern would be more related to Borjan.

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

My friend i dont think you are aware....but Lucas has played in 9 games scoring 4 goals, it's safe to say if he leaves during the international break that his spot will be there upon return.

And I'm not worried about Jayson. ..as out of the goalies in our pool...he's one of the few playing,  regardless of league or division, and he's not our number 1. My concern would be more related to Borjan.

You may be right, but I am not sure he's as consolidated on the team as it looks. They just played the "clásico" vs. Nacional and he came on m. 88, Nacional tied just after. He has not played Libertadores, was not even dressed at home last Libertadores match vs. At Tucuman. He is scoring late vs the lesser teams so far, it is fine, but he is not starting vs. the tougher competition. His team is the most scoring in the league but in a lot of blow-outs. Of his goals one was the last late in a 4-0 win, another a penalty, while the last two were also in the last 5 min vs. Sud América, weak team. At least they helped put the game away.

I know on paper it looks good for him to have games and goals, so maybe I am wrong. He has stepped up properly into a harder club and more pressure to win, so fair enough, I think he deserves to be put alongside Larin and let them fight it out. 

In the French interview with Zambrano, he mentioned a few MLS youngster ready to commit to the CMNT and he would have to speak with Tabla.  While the obvious one is Davies, I would assume the other MLS youngster is Raheem Edwards.

2 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

In the French interview with Zambrano, he mentioned a few MLS youngster ready to commit to the CMNT and he would have to speak with Tabla.  While the obvious one is Davies, I would assume the other MLS youngster is Raheem Edwards.

Yeah Edwards could be one. Is he eligible to play for another country? I could be wrong but I thought when he said that it was in the context of bringing in young dual-nationals who are ready for the senior team right now.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Yeah Edwards could be one. Is he eligible to play for another country? I could be wrong but I thought when he said that it was in the context of bringing in young dual-nationals who are ready for the senior team right now.

According to TransfrMarket he is not. 

Just now, matty said:

I know. Do we have any idea what generation Canadian he is?

Nope, but I could find out. But tbh it's irrelevant.....no Canadian is picking Jamaica over Canada, unless they get overlooked consistently like Greg Ranjitsingh.

2 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Nope, but I could find out. But tbh it's irrelevant.....no Canadian is picking Jamaica over Canada, unless they get overlooked consistently like Greg Ranjitsingh.

Ranjitsingh is Trinidadian. Jamaica has poached a handful of GTA players at the U17 levels over the last 6 years - none of them in consideration for our own U17's - basically non-Top 50 for our youth player pool.

Seriously, am I the only one concerned that Leutwiler, who seemed very promising, is heading for a relegation, the team doing terribly over the past few months? I mean, if he'd just stay up with them he'd be in line for a move up, you'd think, a transfer even. He's young and just starting. I have seen results (not games) and they are close, I assume he is playing well, but League Two? I dont think we should have anyone from League Two representing us, at least not in the core pool, and if its a keeper, well that is not a good sign about the rest of our keepers. 

Now you can ask why League Two is too low but Spanish 3rd tier is not, it'd be a fair question. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Seriously, am I the only one concerned that Leutwiler, who seemed very promising, is heading for a relegation, the team doing terribly over the past few months? I mean, if he'd just stay up with them he'd be in line for a move up, you'd think, a transfer even. He's young and just starting. I have seen results (not games) and they are close, I assume he is playing well, but League Two? I dont think we should have anyone from League Two representing us, at least not in the core pool, and if its a keeper, well that is not a good sign about the rest of our keepers. 

Now you can ask why League Two is too low but Spanish 3rd tier is not, it'd be a fair question. 

I forget did you like the idea of Piette playing for Canada even though he plays in a weak league?

Leutwiler is 28 and been a pro for 10 years. Thomas plays in d2 norway, Stamatopoulos is a career backup and we have a bunch who are starters or backups in d2 usa so no reason to not consider Leutwiler if he's starting in league two.

Aside from Borjan, all of our keepers are playing at a low level anyway, and I wouldn't exactly consider Borjan to be playing at a high level. The Polish top flight is very much a second tier league in Europe. 

I don't know, is league one to league two that much of a drop honestly? It's not as if this level on the pyramid regionalizes like Spain or Germany. 

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic