Maxim Tissot

PJSweet

26 minutes ago, BradMack said:

Wasn't DC one of the teams interested in him when he was cut by the impact? Super disappointing he went with the Fury instead of the Euro options he had. But hindsight is 20/20.

It was. If he could stick at DCU that would be solid. Even as a depth player, it should do a lot for his confidence and re-affirm that he is an MLS player that temporarily dropped down a level, rather than an NASL level player who was not MLS material. 

http://www.blackandredunited.com/dc-united-transfers/2017/1/25/14376048/dc-united-maxim-tissot-canada-montreal-impact-suliaman-dainkeh-maryland-matt-sanchez-loyola 

Just a couple notes from this article, not sure if it was reported at the time but he was apparently on trial with DCU already back in July.  So it's positive that he's back in camp.. a real shame and flaw in MLS rules (from our perspective at least) that he had to be let go by MTL to begin with.  

Also, Kyle Porter is in camp with them but it says it's for fitness. 

Edited by Keegan

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the article that tweet is based on: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2017/02/10/d-c-united-aiming-to-sign-canadian-national-team-player/?postshare=3561486743488066&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.fd3d7b66f514

Great news for him hopefully he can solidify himself as an MLS player this season and not drop to NASL like Attakora and Porter before him at DCU.  

3 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

I'd rather have the record set for most minutes played by Canadians in MLS this season, rather than occupying roster spots and not getting playing time.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that hope either. Having more players in the league is a great starting point to get us there.

17 hours ago, shermanator said:

Excellent. When Tissot was on the wing with Impact, I thought he was MLS quality. Maybe not an every game starter but could definitely fill in adequately. When he plays LB on the other hand, I thought he wasn't an MLS quality defender.

Yes Tissot did not look out of place on the wing but at the same time he did not provide much competition to Piatti and could not get the playing time he needed to develop. He was good enough to fill in if Piatti couldn't play but if Piatti was available Tissot would be on the bench. He has some defensive flaws that make his defending a bit suspect at this level. I like Tissot's skill set, a good passer and better technical skills than most Canadian players. I think he has the tools to become a good MLS starter if he can get regular playing time but at 24 and soon to be 25 he needs to get playing time soon. It seems like his competition at DCU will be Nyarko and Neagle both of whom are good MLS veteran players who can play either side but not Piatti quality either. If Tissot is able to push them and get a lot of playing time then this will be a good move for him but if he ends up just being a backup/sub for them he would have been better off staying in NASL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...