Sergio Camargo

Dub Narcotic

3 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Why not Adegukbe? He's 22 and well established as a starter.

Honestly meant to add him. He has been outstanding in the CPL. Probably the best and most consistent center mid in the CPL so far and is still young. I definitely see him playing at a higher level sooner or later. 

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Didnt the whitecaps already have Zator at WC2?  

Yes, but the whitecaps haven’t exactly done the best job of playing and developing youngsters. Zator has probably grown as a player a lot since leaving the Caps.

1 minute ago, Reign said:

Yes, but the whitecaps haven’t exactly done the best job of playing and developing youngsters. Zator has probably grown as a player a lot since leaving the Caps.

Plus in the post game MDS specifically talked about how sometimes players will move from a club, use it as motivation and come back to the club later

1 minute ago, Reign said:

Hmm, you brought me in, threw me away, now you want me back.  That sounds very much like a Jerry Springer episode.  

As much as Mr Parrot hates it, I hope wages increase enough in the next few years that guys like Zator/Camgaro/Pasquotti etc will be able to be in a position that CPL might actually be home for them.  Guys that can do well, mid twenties, make enough money that if they cant break through to somewhere else this league can give them a decent career.  

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hmm, you brought me in, threw me away, now you want me back.  That sounds very much like a Jerry Springer episode.  

As much as Mr Parrot hates it, I hope wages increase enough in the next few years that guys like Zator/Camgaro/Pasquotti etc will be able to be in a position that CPL might actually be home for them.  Guys that can do well, mid twenties, make enough money that if they cant break through to somewhere else this league can give them a decent career.  

I completely agree. I would like to see a CPL starter on average making no less then 70K. Bench players 40K. Youngsters depend. Leave some room for a star or 2. (100-200k). So if we could see a cap between 1.5-2M I think the league would be a very healthy place for players. 

^^^ This.  That kind of scenario seems to do much more probable after the decent attendance and overall positive trend things are taking.  A natural sustainable increase in wages/player quality doesnt seem like a pipe dream anymore.  

11 hours ago, Reign said:

I completely agree. I would like to see a CPL starter on average making no less then 70K. Bench players 40K. Youngsters depend. Leave some room for a star or 2. (100-200k). So if we could see a cap between 1.5-2M I think the league would be a very healthy place for players. 

We'll need bigger venues, not to mention sponsorship.

13 minutes ago, BCM said:

We'll need bigger venues, not to mention sponsorship.

I don’t think so. If teams can get good attendance in their current stadiums it should be fine. More sponsors will come naturally as the league and cap grows. Some teams mite not want to spend to the cap and they wouldn’t have to. The cap floor could be modest for those teams that don’t want to spend as much. 

From watching bits and pieces of some Cavalry games Pasquotti is the guy I would pick , the guy is first of all , all heart and soul , looks like a real team leader, and has talent to back it up. I know it’s a team game but you take a guy like that off of this team and it becomes a different team , he is a big piece to this Cavalry team .

22 hours ago, Reign said:

I completely agree. I would like to see a CPL starter on average making no less then 70K...

Since my username has been brought into this for whatever reason, I'd like to make it clear that I would like to see CPL starters making no less than $1 million or even higher as long as the league didn't fold because teams are making excessively huge financial losses. I was arguing on here for the longest time that conditions were not ripe for a salary budget of $1.5 million, because that looked like a one way ticket to having the league fold. The CanPL owners appear to have reached that conclusion as well and their decision on what they are willing/able to spend is all that really matters.

Just now, Dominic94 said:

Is no one excited that already these “diamonds in the rough” are emerging or re-emerging ?

The Can PL is serving it’s purpose

It just goes to show you how all we really needed was to give players more opportunities. 

MLS discriminating against Canadians is still a big issue though. 

There are quite a few former MLS academy players doing well in the CPL

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Since my username has been brought into this for whatever reason, I'd like to make it clear that I would like to see CPL starters making no less than $1 million or even higher as long as the league didn't fold because teams are making excessively huge financial losses. I was arguing on here for the longest time that conditions were not ripe for a salary budget of $1.5 million, because that looked like a one way ticket to having the league fold. The CanPL owners appear to have reached that conclusion as well and their decision on what they are willing/able to spend is all that really matters.

There are nhl and nba starters who make less than a million.

19 minutes ago, Reign said:

Yeah and I don’t know what you consider a NHL starter, but first line players making less than 1M are very few and far between.

I meant more there are NHL players who play every night that make less than or about a million a year. But I think the main point I was trying to make is it is unreasonable to expect players to make a million a year.