Sergio Camargo

Dub Narcotic

Ives Galaracep is reporting that Camargo, midfielder, born in 1994, will sign a homegrown deal with TFC. Camargo came up through the TFC academy and was heavily rumoured to be signing for TFC after impressing with the team's CSL affiliate. However, he ended up pursuing a NCAA career with Coastal Carolina, becoming a team captain before transferring to Syracuse for his senior year. He also played PDL with K-W United and at the U-17 World Cup for Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Camargo has signed a Homegrown Player contract with TFC. Now for the next question, is he domestic league wide? He started with TFC's academy in 2009 (at the age of 15), and his first pro deal was with TFC.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/01/11/toronto-fc-sign-sergio-camargo

Yeah, I think by the definition he would be then.

Great to hear. Wow, could be a lot of young Canadian youth entering the MLS system this year.

12 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Haven't seen him play for years but really enjoyed watch him as a young player with the TFC academy. Best of luck to him. 

With him and Pasher signing MLS deals this year, all I need is Omari Morris to pop up with an MLS club to complete the trifecta of players I used to enjoy watching. 

Allando Mattheson too

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Camargo is perfect for CPL level. Too unpolished for anything more. This is the kind of player that needed the kind of coaching Sigma or Foothills offers now from when he was 8.  We have the raw materials in this country. Guys like Camargo are the proof.

1 hour ago, Reign said:

Yeah I don’t think it would be Camargo. I’d also put my money on Zator or Pasquotti.

We have 4 CBS, 2 are Canadians and that's probably our strongest position. Pasquotti I like but he looked a little 1 dimensional last night v MLS defenders. As far as my connected dots... I'm not saying what they are

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

We have 4 CBS, 2 are Canadians and that's probably our strongest position. Pasquotti I like but he looked a little 1 dimensional last night v MLS defenders. As far as my connected dots... I'm not saying what they are

Zator was better then Cornelius and Henry last night. Pasquotti walked into the box fairly easily multiple times. Not saying you are wrong, but I think Zator and Pasquotti have higher upside then Camargo. Camargo May be a better fit for Vancouver tho.

36 minutes ago, Reign said:

Zator was better then Cornelius and Henry last night. Pasquotti walked into the box fairly easily multiple times. Not saying you are wrong, but I think Zator and Pasquotti have higher upside then Camargo. Camargo May be a better fit for Vancouver tho.

I'm not disagreeing with you but our CBS have been great and we have a very promising young Algerian CB we haven't see yet. I cant see us signing a depth cb

4 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Post game MDS hinted they plan to sign someone from Cavalry.  If i connect some dots I think it's Camargo

He was asked if there were Cavalry players that could make the roster and he said yes (1) but wouldn't name names (2). I don't find either statement surprising nor interpret it as a plan.

Pasquotti would seem like the perfect fit for Greg Vanney, who is obsessed with acquiring wide players. He would be pretty cheap and has great pace and work rate and puts crosses into the box. 

I hope he stays in Calgary, but if he was to move to MLS, that would be the club he should go to.

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Pasquotti would seem like the perfect fit for Greg Vanney, who is obsessed with acquiring wide players. He would be pretty cheap and has great pace and work rate and puts crosses into the box. 

I hope he stays in Calgary, but if he was to move to MLS, that would be the club he should go to.

Is he american?

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's been my favourite discovery player in the CPL... Im sure he's gone after this season. 

There have been lots of bright spots but arguably Pasquotti has been the most consistent of everyone from season start to now. 

I dont know if this league is his ceiling he would be a good squad player that works hard for MLS cant see him becoming more. He has time at 23 though. 

Zator as mentioned might be an option also a dark horse would be adekugbe who has looked solid this year.