WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To expand on the discussion, if we were to compare the 2 squads by position and based on skill ho would have the edge? Yes soccer is a team game and a team has to have great chemistry, but I am just curious. The only positions I am convinced we have better players 100% is at striker and our wingers.

22 minutes ago, canta15 said:

To expand on the discussion, if we were to compare the 2 squads by position and based on skill ho would have the edge? Yes soccer is a team game and a team has to have great chemistry, but I am just curious. The only positions I am convinced we have better players 100% is at striker and our wingers.

I'm not going to get into a position-by-position comparison of last cycle's squad to this cycle's as it is significantly above my pay grade :). However, so much of going to HON and getting a result has to do with mentality and fortitude and perhaps our younger current squad has a bit of an edge in this respect. At least I hope they do. And there have been enough comments from various CanMNT coaching staff and players about the change in mentality on the squad, that perhaps there is some evidence that they are less mentally fragile. 

Of course, there is an easy critique to make. They may just be saying this because what else would they say. As always, there will be much more proof in their performance than in what they say. 

21 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Of course, there is an easy critique to make. They may just be saying this because what else would they say. As always, there will be much more proof in their performance than in what they say. 

this!

I was pleasantly surprised how Manjrekar James played at CB on the road in Azteca in front of a hostile crowd.  He's a big strong lad as well, might be the play vs Honduars at CB. He's proven he's not afraid of the big stage or intimidated by that latin American road environment.    

James started against Uzbekistan in the last Euro Camp. However he got subbed off early from injury correct? Any status on his health/injury update?

When does the Hungarian season begin? I know he was transferred to a different club. Will he be in form and have had some playing time at D or Miid?  

Our CB's do not seem to be getting much playing time at the moment.  We are looking at Edgar/Vitoria/Jakovic at the moment. 

I would not be against him starting if healthy. I believe Floro rates him as well.

If Johnson doesn't have at least a handful of games under his belt, perhaps he starts from the bench. A midfield 3 of Arfield, Hutchinson and deguzman to start, with Johnson coming in to relieve Jules once his legs get heavy.

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

That's Piettes' job. Johnson would replace Arfield.

I personally think if Arfield plays in the middle he will play 90 unless he is booked on a fantom foul that all officials will claim they had heat stroke after seeing the replay.

3 minutes ago, JDub said:

I personally think if Arfield plays in the middle he will play 90 unless he is booked on a fantom foul that all officials will claim they had heat stroke after seeing the replay.

I was being facetious. My point was Piette is a lock to come on around 60' for JDG.

29 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I was being facetious. My point was Piette is a lock to come on around 60' for JDG.

Lol i thought you were being serious too

A 3 of  

Arfield 

hutch.    Johnson 

would be nice then have de Guzman come on it's too bad teibert hasn't  been playing much this year I wouldn't mind him coming on late, maybe straight if we are trying to maintain the tie or win (if he's not playing)

Archived