WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I know it's only a player, but Andy Najar has a torn knee ligament and will miss 6 months. It's one less player we have to worry about. Still, let's not celebrate, because we still need to get a result in Honduras.

That is a significant loss for them, probably their most dangerous attacking player. But like you said, he's just one guy so let's not go celebrating just yet.

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I know it's only a player, but Andy Najar has a torn knee ligament and will miss 6 months. It's one less player we have to worry about. Still, let's not celebrate, because we still need to get a result in Honduras.

I'm celebrating. That is like us losing Hoilett.

We have to enjoy the little things in life boys.

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I always feel bad when I see news like this and it makes me happy.

najar was very good for them against ES in both matches. He is their most influential attacker so this makes a big difference.

I know he didn't play against us, how did he look against El Salvador? He a key player for them?

At the same time, which him a quick recovery and all that. An injury that severe can really hurt a kids future, and karma is a bitch when you root for injuries.

On 4/19/2016 at 8:34 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

6 months seems ambitious for ACL reconstruction, rehab and return to match fitness.

Marchisio ruptured his ACL this past weekend and they pegged his return at 6 months as well

Italy international Marchisio faces a six-month layoff after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in his side's 4-0 win over Palermo at the weekend and will miss this summer's European Championship.

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/2854649/claudio-marchisio-to-return-in-six-months-after-operation

12 hours ago, kmouseyc said:

with the physio and doctors at their disposal 6 months is do able.

49 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Marchisio ruptured his ACL this past weekend and they pegged his return at 6 months as well

Italy international Marchisio faces a six-month layoff after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in his side's 4-0 win over Palermo at the weekend and will miss this summer's European Championship.

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/2854649/claudio-marchisio-to-return-in-six-months-after-operation

Having just gone through ACL reconstruction using a piece of my hamstring I stand by my assertion that 6 months from surgery to match fitness is ambitious. Depending on the severity of the tear and what other damage was done, either to the meniscus or other ligaments, he would be on crutches for a week to two. Then rehab for 10-12 weeks. Then he could start running and biking in a straight line. Lateral movement and twisting of the knee is not recommended before 6 months. On top of that he would need 2-3 weeks to get back to match fitness once the knee is 100%. Who knows though, every tear is different and every knee is different but the rehab for this type of injury is fairly common. 

7 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Having just gone through ACL reconstruction using a piece of my hamstring I stand by my assertion that 6 months from surgery to match fitness is ambitious. Depending on the severity of the tear and what other damage was done, either to the meniscus or other ligaments, he would be on crutches for a week to two. Then rehab for 10-12 weeks. Then he could start running and biking in a straight line. Lateral movement and twisting of the knee is not recommended before 6 months. On top of that he would need 2-3 weeks to get back to match fitness once the knee is 100%. Who knows though, every tear is different and every knee is different but the rehab for this type of injury is fairly common. 

Most of what you say is true for the average person. but remember these are very very well conditioned athletes. So their recovery time is less. Plus having gone through two knee reconstruction surgeries I blew out all the ligaments in one knee including the Pcl and the patella tendon. I bet they will have him working on range of motion very shortly after surgery. It is ambitious but I think possible.

Adrian Peterson tore acl/mcl at end of dec, was playing the next fall at a very high level.  They say that is prob the quickest/best recovery anyone has ever seen.  7 or 8 months to be back at superhuman levels.  Not sure how applicable that is to Najars acl recovery.  

Someone posted a link earlier in this thread.....

Is Pinto really banned from our match?

Secondly.... will the CSA have a protocol in place to get out of dodge as easy and fast as possible post match. With game being at 3 they can be out of the stadium by 8 and on the charter by 9.  Back to Vancouver by 2 AM.  I know travel sucks, but fire up the compression gear and start the regeneration day the very next day already in Vancouver. Speed the recovery and be as fresh as possible for the must win at home vs ELS.  Plus, we are going to get a result in Honduras, so who da f*ck knows what kind of shady sh*t Honduras might do to us in the next 24 hrs after the game.

Willing to be hired as technical director, volunteer, was a high perforance amateur athlete before I retired, so I understand it. Hopefully the csa and or technical director are on this. I want 4 points!

33 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Someone posted a link earlier in this thread.....

Is Pinto really banned from our match?

Secondly.... will the CSA have a protocol in place to get out of dodge as easy and fast as possible post match. With game being at 3 they can be out of the stadium by 8 and on the charter by 9.  Back to Vancouver by 2 AM.  I know travel sucks, but fire up the compression gear and start the regeneration day the very next day already in Vancouver. Speed the recovery and be as fresh as possible for the must win at home vs ELS.  Plus, we are going to get a result in Honduras, so who da f*ck knows what kind of shady sh*t Honduras might do to us in the next 24 hrs after the game.

Willing to be hired as technical director, volunteer, was a high perforance amateur athlete before I retired, so I understand it. Hopefully the csa and or technical director are on this. I want 4 points!

I give you 8 points!

• 1 month later...

Honduras lost 1-0 to Argentina in San Juan. Pretty good result for them. Does anyone know if they were playing well or were they getting dominated?

19 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Honduras lost 1-0 to Argentina in San Juan. Pretty good result for them. Does anyone know if they were playing well or were they getting dominated?

Argentina dominated as expected. Could have easily been 4-0. There were a few remarkable saves by the Honduran keeper. Honduras never threatened offensively. 

Archived