Milan Borjan

Vince193

7 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Bosnian* though I'm not sure if that's better or worse. Though they do have the Croatian checker as part of their logo, and I think date back to more Croatian roots. The joys of a war-torn region

Yeah, Mostar is the main Croatian hub in Bosnia and the Hercegovina region in general is either a majority or near majority croatian region. Mostar also has Velež which is more supported by Bosniaks. The city is split by a river, the south bank is more Catholic and hosts Zrinjski’s stadium and the north bank is more Muslim and hosts Velež ground. 

Side note, but Mostar and generally Southern Bosnia is such a beautiful place. I had the chance to take a quick road trip there years ago and the nature is some of Europe’s best, the food is great, the waterfalls are incredible. Highly recommended for anyone looking to travel with no ideas for location.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah, Mostar is the main Croatian hub in Bosnia and the Hercegovina region in general is either a majority or near majority croatian region. Mostar also has Velež which is more supported by Bosniaks. The city is split by a river, the south bank is more Catholic and hosts Zrinjski’s stadium and the north bank is more Muslim and hosts Velež ground. 

Side note, but Mostar and generally Southern Bosnia is such a beautiful place. I had the chance to take a quick road trip there years ago and the nature is some of Europe’s best, the food is great, the waterfalls are incredible. Highly recommended for anyone looking to travel with no ideas for location.

And the bridge separating them is pretty cool too, I went a while back and we had a quick stop in Mostar. The whole region (Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia) in general is very underrated for travelling. Some beautiful places.

Just now, Borjans Sweatpants said:

And the bridge separating them is pretty cool too, I went a while back and we had a quick stop in Mostar. The whole region (Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia) in general is very underrated for travelling. Some beautiful places.

Yeah, my whole trip was centred around that bridge- totally worth it, it’s beautiful. Agreed on Croatia and Serbia as well. The Balkans are pretty underrated for travel, it’s a shame, or I guess a blessing for the locals, that those countries aren’t bigger tourist destinations, outside of the Adriatic coast thing. 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

FotMob has him as man of the match - ahead of the guy who scored both their goals. 

IMG_2580.png

Don’t wanna sound condescending, but the guy who scored both their goals has a well known reputation in football. It’s Vladimir Weiss (the III).