Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

I dont buy the "you dont call in players to sit on the bench".

This isnt some friendly. Its third round wcq. You need depth. Especially with jdg hutch and johnson getting older and susceptible to injury.

Nations all over the world call good players in who dont see the field.

Also what about team cohesion and having the player perfect floros system.

I dont believe wcq is the time to experiment and call in younger players in place of the more established players so the younger ones can develop.

Once again this is wcq. We should select our best. 4th round wcq is 2 months away. If we have one injury in one of our weaker positions we should have the next best up to take his place.

The time time for players to learn the system for olympic qualifying was the pan ams. Or the upcoming olympic camp. Not wcq. Wcq is time to call your best players to qualify for the world cup.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osorio is probably the best jack of all trades, utility midfielder we have. We don't have a spot on the squad for someone of his skillsets? (excluding drama w manager factor)

It's not like Canada is blessed with midfielders who are good technically

To Floro's credit he said we don't have many good dribblers and then he called in 2 of the best we could with Petrasso and Issey.  I think Osorio was the casualty of one of those two rather than Bekker.  

Issey and Petrasso are real wild cards here.  If one or both can impress that would be really exciting and give this team an injection of confidence.  The more I think about it the more I think this team was strategically rotated from the Gold Cup to give us a morale boost.  

The time time for players to learn the system for olympic qualifying was the pan ams. Or the upcoming olympic camp. Not wcq. Wcq is time to call your best players to qualify for the world cup.

Be careful because under that same logic you are saying don't call in players to get cap-tied, and brand new players might have to wait months more to become part of the system.  

I think it's fair to leave Oso out given his reaction to being subsituted, even if that decision still baffles the mind and defies logic. I also buy into the idea that some squad rotation is taking place, and given the quality of Belize, it's not something I am particularly worried about.

That being said, I just don't feel good about this team at this stage of the cycle. I get that Floro wants us to play a certain way and it may take us where we need to go, but it's just a shame that we can't seem to get the maximum out of players like Osorio and Teibert due to tactics.

For all the talk about Osorio being lackluster with Canada, there is little talk about Teibert and his drop off with the nats. Like Oso, I don't think we are seeing the best of him and he consistantly looks like a man on and island. Obvious quality but nobody to play off of. Hopefully that changes with Hutchinson and Johnson coming in.

Be careful because under that same logic you are saying don't call in players to get cap-tied, and brand new players might have to wait months more to become part of the system.

Floro won't cap tie players anyways. Petrasso over Bustos? Please someone make an argument to explain that I beg you.

"Morning everyone! I couldn't be more excited to head up to Toronto and put in a shift with the national team. Have a great week. #canMNT" - Will Johnson's twitter.

Just curious, but I wonder where all those people that were questioning Will's loyalty have gone?

Will is a BEAUTY!

Glad he is back firing on all cylanders for Portland. Things could've been a lot worse with that injury of his.

CSA just tweeted that training camp will be held at Nottawasaga before heading back to Toronto on Thursday.

Guess they preferred to get out of the city and stay at a resort with all amenities on site.

And do the same thing they've always done for any camp in the Toronto area for the last 12 years....

And do the same thing they've always done for any camp in the Toronto area for the last 12 years....

easy there...

just pointed it out because recently they were getting away from nottawasaga and using the TFC training ground.  for wcq against dominica they never went up to nottawasaga. nor did they for gold cup albeit, turn around time from houston to Toronto was too short.

"Morning everyone! I couldn't be more excited to head up to Toronto and put in a shift with the national team. Have a great week. #canMNT" - Will Johnson's twitter.

Just curious, but I wonder where all those people that were questioning Will's loyalty have gone?

I'm still here.  :-)

...and thrilled to see Will back in the fold. Reading through the endless Bekker vs Osorio posts, I can't help but think that the real story in the roster release is that for the first time under Floro, we finally get to have Atiba and Will pulling the strings in midfield - and just in time for a 2-game series, before we head into the dreaded Fourth Round (were we've failed miserably over the last few cycles). Few "situations" are more important for us than to keep these two healthy and in good form.

Cheers!

Petrasso was scoring as a 19 year old in League One last year. I don't think picking Petrasso is unreasonable.

Yeah, he was. Now, he's not. Why are we calling him instead of Bustos? He's scoring in USL and needs to be cap tied.

If Floro never picked Petrasso I would have nothing to complain about, but obviously he wants a young attacker to come in and learn. So then, why isn't that young attacker Bustos (or Boakai for that matter)? Is Petrasso that much better than Bustos that we're passing up a chance to cap-tie him?

Edit: To add to that, I personally don't think either deserve a call and I acknowledge USL is a low level (as is QPR U-21), so it is not about one player being more deserving over the other, it's about both being undeserving and Floro calling in the one NOT at risk of defecting.

I'm still here. :-)

...and thrilled to see Will back in the fold. Reading through the endless Bekker vs Osorio posts, I can't help but think that the real story in the roster release is that for the first time under Floro, we finally get to have Atiba and Will pulling the strings in midfield - and just in time for a 2-game series, before we head into the dreaded Fourth Round (were we've failed miserably over the last few cycles). Few "situations" are more important for us than to keep these two healthy and in good form.

Cheers!

Lets hope floro starts tiba and will together these next two matches.

Yeah, he was. Now, he's not. Why are we calling him instead of Bustos? He's scoring in USL and needs to be cap tied.

If Floro never picked Petrasso I would have nothing to complain about, but obviously he wants a young attacker to come in and learn. So then, why isn't that young attacker Bustos (or Boakai for that matter)? Is Petrasso that much better than Bustos that we're passing up a chance to cap-tie him?

Edit: To add to that, I personally don't think either deserve a call and I acknowledge USL is a low level (as is QPR U-21), so it is not about one player being more deserving over the other, it's about both being undeserving and Floro calling in the one NOT at risk of defecting.

That would be a bad precendent to set.  Fence sitters/potential defectors get calls and guys loyal to program through youth program get to wait on senior calls??  The endless complaining is astonishing!  How many young players can he captie and work into the system in one camp and a 2 game series that we HAVE TO WIN?  I look at the roster and the inclusion of Adekugbe (needs to be captied almost as much as Bustos), Petrasso, James, Gasparatto, Crepeau (young guys getting integrated into system) and the return of Hutch, Johnson and Isssy (vets coming back to fold) and I am pretty pleased.  He cant make everyone happy and have everyones particular fav player in every camp.

He has a good strong team, and hopefully the mids will kick in some offense spark, we get up a few goals and some of the young guys can get their first cap. Maybe next time Tiebert/Bekker/Issey sits, Osario is rotated back in, Boaki, Babouli, Bustos and Trafford are the young guys getting their first shot. We can hope eh? 

Of course people had every right to question Will's loyalty.  He hasn't had a cap in over 2 years.

Glad to see him back, but yeah.

Exactly. I also questioned his loyalty at the time. But again, glad to see him back. Always (save the last two years) been a WJ fan.

Petrasso was involved with the senior team when we played a friendly at Craven Cottage a couple of years back, from all acounts he impressed as a youngster although he was there only for early exposure to the MNT set up! I am surprised as anyone at his inclusion on this roster because he has been injured for quite some time and was injured again on his return with the QPR U21's, I don't expect to see him play any minutes in these two matches!

Archived