Jay Chapman

Dub Narcotic

I know this thread is about Chapman, but that article says that Cyle Larin is holding out from MLS offers because of European interest, most notably an unamed EPL club.

linked to Aston Villa and Sunderland

and in negotiation with TFC

I think a lot of agents are spinning like crazy. If there were solid EPL offers on the table, why haven't Larin and Chapman signed them?

you get better chance of first team mins with MLS. unless you're an amazing standout, hard to break into first team EPL where a manager is more likely to spend to fill a deficiency than give a young player a chance.

also, why rush if multiple teams are interested? drive up the demand and sign for even better money. at least, that's what a good agent does

you get better chance of first team mins with MLS. unless you're an amazing standout, hard to break into first team EPL where a manager is more likely to spend to fill a deficiency than give a young player a chance.

also, why rush if multiple teams are interested? drive up the demand and sign for even better money. at least, that's what a good agent does

Well in Chapman's case he has an English passport.

Has there been any actual case of a NCAA college player turning down an EPL offer for a MLS one? I would think the agents are turning down EPL try-out or youth team offers along with first team offers from lower-tier European leagues while exaggerating and leaking the extent of the offers to drive up what MLS is offering. 

If they couldn't make rules up, how can they allow third party ownership if FIFA says that it's bad 'mkay?

To be fair to MLS while I agree that they loosely interpret their own rules to suit their present needs and also make things up as they go along, they could have no better model for this than FIFA who not only break their own rules but also the laws of most of the countries they operate in.

He played for KW United all summer. Here is a highlight video from last year. This year, he seemed to have a greater tendency to get into the box. Who was an important player for us. He is solid all around really, but no particular skill stands out. His first summer he tended to take alot of players on, but in the second summer he was much more of a goal threat.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...