Toronto FC changes for 2013

Loud Mouth Soup

^^ yay!!!

You have obviously never seen Braun play if you are happy with that deal. One of the worst players I have ever seen in an Impact uniform including all of our years in NASL/USL. I could not believe we actually got something for him when we traded him. When we watched away games at Frappe and Braun got subbed in to the game the whole bar would boo. Not only can he not score, he is such a terrible player he will cost you goals.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have obviously never seen Braun play if you are happy with that deal. One of the worst players I have ever seen in an Impact uniform including all of our years in NASL/USL. I could not believe we actually got something for him when we traded him. When we watched away games at Frappe and Braun got subbed in to the game the whole bar would boo. Not only can he not score, he is such a terrible player he will cost you goals.

I had the same sentiments when I heard the news about Maund being traded. If he was traded for a set of pinneys or a bag of balls TFC would still become a better team. Addition by subtraction.

I had the same sentiments when I heard the news about Maund being traded. If he was traded for a set of pinneys or a bag of balls TFC would still become a better team. Addition by subtraction.

Yes I agree if he was traded for a bag of balls TFC would be better but he was traded for another equally bad and more expensive player. We actually got something for him, a conditional Superdraft pick in 2014 (though I am not sure what the conditions are nor what round). Even if we don't get the conditional draft pick or the player does not turn out we still dumped a salary of $104 500. In your case you traded a useless 22 year old player earning $59 000 for a useless 25 year old player earning $104 500. So believe it or not, TFC is so poorly run that they can trade a terrible player like Maund and still lose the trade. You would have been better off just cutting Maund or trading him for nothing.

If you did a poll of who the worst Impact player was this year among Montreal fans I think Braun would get pretty close to 100%. I actually talked to both Marsh and Saputo about him. I asked Marsh why he kept playing him and he said he wanted to give him a chance but he also admitted he played pretty terrible. He said sometimes you take a chance on a player and it turns out good like Felipe and other times it is terrible like with Marsh and at times it is hard to predict which. Saputo for his part said at one point he told Marsh, "We can't justify keeping a player like this. We have a lot better players than him right now in the academy." (And I sometimes criticize Joey for interference with the coach but here it was justified).

I knew Impact fans would be all over that Braun move. I cannot believe they picked up all that salary. What a horrible first move in the Payne era.

Avila, Hall and Wiedeman had their options declined. Who is left on that roster?

Any insight on who TFC likes for the #1 pick? That Louisville CB Zimmerman seems like the consensus choice, you would think TFC would be all over him, and grab one more veteran CB for a not-so-bad rotation of O'Dea/Zimmerman/Henry/Veteran Guy with Eckersley and Morgan on the sides.

Yes I agree if he was traded for a bag of balls TFC would be better but he was traded for another equally bad and more expensive player. We actually got something for him, a conditional Superdraft pick in 2014 (though I am not sure what the conditions are nor what round). Even if we don't get the conditional draft pick or the player does not turn out we still dumped a salary of $104 500. In your case you traded a useless 22 year old player earning $59 000 for a useless 25 year old player earning $104 500. So believe it or not, TFC is so poorly run that they can trade a terrible player like Maund and still lose the trade. You would have been better off just cutting Maund or trading him for nothing.

If you did a poll of who the worst Impact player was this year among Montreal fans I think Braun would get pretty close to 100%. I actually talked to both Marsh and Saputo about him. I asked Marsh why he kept playing him and he said he wanted to give him a chance but he also admitted he played pretty terrible. He said sometimes you take a chance on a player and it turns out good like Felipe and other times it is terrible like with Marsh and at times it is hard to predict which. Saputo for his part said at one point he told Marsh, "We can't justify keeping a player like this. We have a lot better players than him right now in the academy." (And I sometimes criticize Joey for interference with the coach but here it was justified).

Very true, I use the term "something" in regards to the return very loosely. His salary is hefty for what I can assume (or hope) is limited appearances as he should only be a depth player. That or Mariner has a potential suitor for Braun in some very clever trade/scheme to add some starters to our midfield, but based on the past season, the former is much, much more probable.

Very true, I use the term "something" in regards to the return very loosely. His salary is hefty for what I can assume (or hope) is limited appearances as he should only be a depth player. That or Mariner has a potential suitor for Braun in some very clever trade/scheme to add some starters to our midfield, but based on the past season, the former is much, much more probable.

Honestly if you wanted to hire a former Impact striker for next year I would sign a 40 year old Eddie Sebrango before Braun. Sebrango came a lot closer to scoring in his meagre 152 minutes of playing time this year than Braun did in his 497 minutes. Sebrango looked like he belonged in MLS while Braun looked 2 divisions above his level. The guy is big and has decent speed for his size and that is the end of the list of his football abilities. RSL started him once, subbed him in once and then nailed his ass to the bench. I don't know how he scored 25 goals over 4 seasons with Chivas but they were mostly in multi-goal games and according to Chivas fans he would have two 3 goal games in one season and be terrible the rest of the time. Paying him 104 500 a year is a real waste of salary cap space.

As an Impact fan/TFC hater I am happy with such moves in a way but at some point even I start to feel pity for TFC fans.

Avila, they waived Avila!? TFC fans could not receive a better "waive" than ditching Mariner!

I hope very deeply that Whitecaps somehow pick him up.

Man, Wiedeman I can certainly understand, although that basically means we got balls for JDG...even Hall I can understand, but you're right, I'm confused as to why they would waive Avila, he wasn't their worst.

At least it wasn't Silva

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and blame tactics. The guy had 8 goals for Chivas before joining Impact and 9 the season before that.

Avila is out of contract. He had to be waived because TFC and Avila couldn't come to terms to a new deal. (That's assuming they were actually negotiating as well).

Cann, Jeremy Hall, Harden and Weideman all had their options declined.

apparently there is interest from TFC to re-sign Avila but not at his current 150k salary. if I was a guessing man, Avila is holding out for 1st round just in case someone does pick him up at his current salary. if no other team does, then he'd sit down and negotiate a new salary with TFC next week, before round 2

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and blame tactics. The guy had 8 goals for Chivas before joining Impact and 9 the season before that.

Problem with that is there is no doubt to give him the benefit of. His goals for Chivas were the result of percentages because they played him all the time because they sucked so bad. I have not seen a player with a worse first touch, more inaccurate strike, nor more clueless about positioning. He was discovered in a Salt Lake amateur men's league and it shows.

At my relocation/purchase appointment today, Kevin Payne came out and talked to us a bit. He says they have made another trade that will bring more youth to the club, but he couldn't announce it yet. Says the team will get younger and more athletic. No more 35 year old DPs!

At my relocation/purchase appointment today, Kevin Payne came out and talked to us a bit. He says they have made another trade that will bring more youth to the club, but he couldn't announce it yet. Says the team will get younger and more athletic. No more 35 year old DPs!

Bye Torsten?

Are there any plans to have some of the young players (Morgan) go out at train in Europe, like many of the other clubs are doing?

If i'm not mistaken Frei did it last year (forgot the team he went to)!

Liverpool.

As long as Morgan doesn't do a "Gonzalez" it would be good.

Archived