Major League Soccer

Discussion about the Toronto Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact and Major League Soccer

2,937 topics in this forum

• 40 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  1. TFC vs Chivas [R] 1 2

• 41 replies
    • 3.2k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 17 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 4 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. John Kennedy to TFC Blocked

• 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 60 replies
    • 4k views
  3. Esky's World

• 2 replies
  4. Marketing TFC

• 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
    • 2 replies
  5. TFC add 6 Canucks

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 3 replies
  6. TFC in Charleston

• 17 replies
    • 2k views
    • 180 replies
    • 14k views
    • 2 replies
  7. BMO is the shirt sponsor

• 20 replies
    • 2.4k views
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• You have good points, however, who would you put ahead of them on the top 10 list?  There are not that many cities with metros over 300k Here is how I would do a top 10 list.  Who would you place instead of St Johns or Moncton that I haven't listed? top tier: Quebec City London or Kitchener Saskatoon Edmonton   Middle tier Windsor Kitchener or London (whichever doesn't have a team from top tier) Montreal area team (like Laval, somewhere with a distinction and distance from Montreal city proper)   Bottom tier Kelowna St John's NL Moncton  
    • It looks like we've recruited well again. Ndom, Moore, Tirco, Quintana all seem like good additions.
    • Ya, I get it.   Really, I think MLS has proven you don't need to be one of the big spenders to be very competitive and even a winner, same for the flip side, spending doesn't assure competitiveness.  We've seen lots of teams do great with little budgets including CFM in the past.  I don't even hold that against Saputo, I honestly prefer that  model to the Manchesters and TFC types. I'm a massive fan of MC, he's a super fit high IQ footballer that can literally play anywhere, bar CB and striker.  For all the people who've regularly seen his work with CFM over the last 2 years, I don't think there is any doubt he's been the 3rd best Canadian midfielder.  That being said, I'm not entirely sure CFM is really that dependent on him for results.  There is still a lot of talent and balance there among the others mids.  About the homegrown thing, MLS is very different to NHL, NBA or MLB, I personally don't feel we should have locals aim to play their entire career for one team.  MLS is not the top of the pyramid, any strong player should aim to move on and challenge himself.  Fans should also understand and support this.  Keeping them home doesn't help the team or the player.  I honestly don't see the value in keeping him, he should go somewhere else and cash in, we should focus on Zouhir and Saliba.
    • It’s a fun debate to have.    I mean do you drop Larin ? Snub Tani ? JRR surely has to be there right ? But you’ve also got Ugbo ?
    • Another W for our Reds and TFC is on a roll now...3rd in MLS right now near top of the table and we have New York City FC coming into town next week...if we can beat them, then we have a shot at 2nd in the table. But a resurgence of our squad is mainly because of Herdman coming in and completely changing our team. We have literally turned ourselves around from laughing stocks into contenders in the MLS.