BMO is the shirt sponsor

RS

It could be worse - but it also could be better.

I haven't decided, but I think I might go check out my local soccer store to see if I can still get an original TFC shirt instead of this bank billboard. Otherwise, I will be going to TFC games in the always fashionable and equally red Team Canada jersey.

Guest speedmonk42

In the top photo, the three elements, the Adidas Logo, TFC Logo and the BMO cicle logo work together to make a mess.

Graphically speaking I am not sure how you would rescue that or do it differently if that is what the person spending millions of dollars hands you.

It would have to go into the GD's resume as one of those 'god I wish I had different material' jobs.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

In the top photo, the three elements, the Adidas Logo, TFC Logo and the BMO cicle logo work together to make a mess.

Graphically speaking I am not sure how you would rescue that or do it differently if that is what the person spending millions of dollars hands you.

It would have to go into the GD's resume as one of those 'god I wish I had different material' jobs.

I'm no graphic design expert (far from it) but if BMO were willing to have its name rotated 90 degrees ala ABN-AMRO on the Ajax shirt, things might be a little less convoluted. Still, it's just a shirt and it pays the bills, so even if I was a TFC fan I wouldn't much care.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

That's what happens when the jersey is designed before the sponsor is known.

I'm sure next year's jerseys will accomodate the BMO logo a bit better.

That being said, the grey does look rather nice.

BMO would never let it's logo be compromised, especially when they are paying to be on the jersey. Rudi is right...had they had the shirt sponsor in place at the time they designed the original shirt, they might have been able to change some elements to make it a bit more visually appealing.

At the end of the day, it's not too bad. I have an original, "BMO Free" shirt so I'm happy but i'd buy this one if I didn't have the original. If you love your club, you buy the shirt, no matter how god awful it looks.

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

I didn't realize the text & logo combination was their standard...

It is.

Just take a look at the top of First Canadian Place, it's the exact same logo as on the front of TFC's shirt (with blue, of course).

fcp5.jpg

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

Just 'BMO' or having the Circle-M logo under the name would have looked a lot better...

(I'm glad I have an original "Toronto FC" version!)

I'm agree. For now, they could move the crest somewhere to make it look better as well. Perhaps line everything up in the middle.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

Pretty awesome that the biggest complaint we have is how the logo looks on the jersey. Who would've thought this a year ago.

Much better than if we'd ended up as the Toronto Steelbacks, or some such thing.

Amen to that.

Archived