Toronto FC Train at BMO Finally

Cristiano11

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

So that's what you get for $60M in Toronto is it? Man, somebody's getting ripped.

Oh wait. That would be us.

Drove by the stadium on my last trip to T.O. about 3 weeks ago.

I must say the stadium looked impressive, and can be seen on

the Gardiner.

Congrats Toronto, despite what naysayers have to complain about,

it's a stadium that's looks cool and am very glad to see a stadium

built on strong will to make it happen.

So that's what you get for $60M in Toronto is it? Man, somebody's getting ripped.

Well if you consider what what we got for $600 Mill ( Skydome) and $1 Billion ( Olympic stadium in 1976!), i'd say that BMO field is a steal. Afterall, as fans and spectators what is it that those stadiums are giving us that we dont have with BMO field. Aside from the overpriced souvenir shops, fast food joints and leather chairs in the luxury boxes ( for the benefit of the suits), I cant think of anything that would justify the extra cost of $540 million or so to the taxpayer.

Well if you consider what what we got for $600 Mill ( Skydome) and $1 Billion ( Olympic stadium in 1976!), i'd say that BMO field is a steal. Afterall, as fans and spectators what is it that those stadiums are giving us that we dont have with BMO field. Aside from the overpriced souvenir shops, fast food joints and leather chairs in the luxury boxes ( for the benefit of the suits), I cant think of anything that would justify the extra cost of $540 million or so to the taxpayer.

I am pretty impressed with the stadium and think it looks much nicer than the drawings. Sure there are new stadiums that are nicer but they also didn't cost $60M. I think they did a good job for the budget they had. It would look better if the seating went around the whole park instead of having one endzone bare but hopefully that can be added in an expansion. The surrounding area looks a bit dismal and industrial but the CN tower is a nice backdrop.

I am pretty impressed with the stadium and think it looks much nicer than the drawings. Sure there are new stadiums that are nicer but they also didn't cost $60M. I think they did a good job for the budget they had. It would look better if the seating went around the whole park instead of having one endzone bare but hopefully that can be added in an expansion. The surrounding area looks a bit dismal and industrial but the CN tower is a nice backdrop.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070404.wsptfc4/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home

This article says Reda is now healthy again, although the next article:

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSpor...924708-sun.html

mentions Pozniak being injured (it also mentions Reda on the injured list but as the Globe reporter actually spoke to Reda & I saw Reda saying that "they were all ready to go for Saturday" on TSN this morning, I am going to assume the Sun article it out of date.

Oh, and one more link to add, an article about Canadians on the roster:

http://torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2007/04/05/3924709-sun.html

Archived