Micah Chisholm

My investigative work (googling) uncovered the following from here (https://www.neuepresse.de/sport/regional/u23-von-hannover-96-angelt-sich-innenverteidiger-micah-chisholm-RMDNJNC2ZRBFTDADAPWECSD3GQ.html) :

Hannover 96 U23s sign center back Micah Chisholm

Micah Chisholm auditioned for the academy at the start of the year - and is now set to fill a gap in central defense for Hannover 96's U23s. The 18-year-old left-footer joins from the Laurier Golden Hawks in his native Canada.

Hannover. Left-footer Alexander Babitsch they do not see in the central defense, but rather on the outside position. Which is why the U23 Hannover 96 have signed Micah Chisholm on Wednesday.

The 18-year-old Canadian last played for Laurier Golden Hawks in Ontario, is a tall central defender - and also left-footed. Chisholm played a week in the 96 academy earlier this year and obviously made an impression.
For Chisholm and the team, it's down to the wire

"He has an outstanding physique, similar to Louis Oppie, and a good player opening," says Timo Struckmeier, co-coach of the U23, of his impressions so far.

Chisholm is the fifth external addition during the summer break after Sean Busch, Kolja Oudenne, Husseyn Chakroun, Mamin Sanyang and Hayate Matsuda. He has been in Hannover since Monday, completed two training sessions since then - and rode his bike with his new team on Wednesday to the Brocken, the highest mountain in the Harz mountains.

Their other teammate Ruben Silva just signed with Estoril in Portugal as well. I can’t find any information about him, so didn’t make the thread.

Chisholm is a defender who played in League1, then U Sports, then randomly signed with a big European club. Have we finally found our Niko Sigur???

Some twitter user also said he can play LB/LWB/LW too.

I don’t know what Hannover’s dev system looks like, but U23 at 18 sounds really promising

Edited by InglewoodJack

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Their other teammate Ruben Silva just signed with Estoril in Portugal as well. I can’t find any information about him, so didn’t make the thread.

Chisholm is a defender who played in League1, then U Sports, then randomly signed with a big European club. Have we finally found our Niko Sigur???

Some twitter user also said he can play LB/LWB/LW too.

I don’t know what Hannover’s dev system looks like, but U23 at 18 sounds really promising

Has some videos on Youtube (few years old though) and most of them say this as well. CDM too.

51 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Dual national, going to assume he's Jamaican (based on his last name)....but like the majority of our dual Jamaicans, they want to represent Canada first. 

17 hours ago, Shway said:

Dual national, going to assume he's Jamaican (based on his last name)....but like the majority of our dual Jamaicans, they want to represent Canada first. 

Yeah this is huge for us because our player pool for 2026 and beyond going into the 2030s will only get better especially because if we keep bringing in more dual nationals to play for us...then well

I love it when these stories come out.  L1O and U sports.......way to go buddy.  Seems like there was talk recently that there is no scouting Canada and the MLS academies are the only route for kids.  We have to keep plugging away at building the pyramid (L1Atlantic, L1Prairies etc), the infrastructure and coaching.  

Micah Chisholm is a fantastic player!

When he gets on the field he takes control.  Loud, physical, athletic, hates to lose, high football IQ and Captain material.

Micah was in Italy in May training  with a team, I got a call from Hannover to see if we would send Micah there for atleast a week. After the first training session they called me and offered Micah a contract. Micah is 6'3 but needs to add some mass.

Hannover is very pleased with Micah. He is a left footed left back that runs like the wind. They are now playing him at center back.

Micah is a great person to be around and confident in any room. This guy is going  places.  I think he may get a few starts on the first team team this year. Hannover needs left backs and Micah fits the bill.

You may not of heard of him but his football community has. Our goal is to develop him, find him him a team and contract and worry about national team stuff later. Both Micah and Damar Dixin will force the CSA to make the call with their play.

We have already been in contact with the CSA. I think both parties are waiting for the right time to team up.

These players woukd live your support and follow!

You can find Micah on Instagram and @Alcorsosports

SEMPRE AVANTI 

15 minutes ago, Junkie said:

When he gets on the field he takes control.  Loud, physical, athletic, hates to lose, high football IQ and Captain material.

Micah was in Italy in May training  with a team, I got a call from Hannover to see if we would send Micah there for atleast a week. After the first training session they called me and offered Micah a contract. Micah is 6'3 but needs to add some mass.

Hannover is very pleased with Micah. He is a left footed left back that runs like the wind. They are now playing him at center back.

Micah is a great person to be around and confident in any room. This guy is going  places.  I think he may get a few starts on the first team team this year. Hannover needs left backs and Micah fits the bill.

You may not of heard of him but his football community has. Our goal is to develop him, find him him a team and contract and worry about national team stuff later. Both Micah and Damar Dixin will force the CSA to make the call with their play.

We have already been in contact with the CSA. I think both parties are waiting for the right time to team up.

SEMPRE AVANTI 

This is the happiest a post has made me in ages, when you said he might get starts I think a tear fell from my eye

27 minutes ago, Junkie said:

SEMPRE AVANTI 

I said it in the other topic, but wish him the best and tell him we're rooting for him! May have come out of nowhere to us, but now that he's on the radar we'll be following closely! Any updates you are able to give us we'd obviously be grateful to hear!

10 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

This is the happiest a post has made me in ages, when you said he might get starts I think a tear fell from my eye

This and the Damar Dixon thread posts are just too much for me to handle on a Friday. I need a dual national to commit elsewhere to bring my excitement levels back down to earth.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

This and the Damar Dixon thread posts are just too much for me to handle on a Friday. I need a dual national to commit elsewhere to bring my excitement levels back down to earth.

If these 2 threads point to anything..its that we need to focus more on what we have than chase duals.  If herdman et al paid as much attention to the youth set up as they do chasing duals that end up spurning us (Morris) we would be better off.  If we paid proper attention to the kids these types of guys might already have worn the red shirt before their club situation takes off at 18.    

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

If these 2 threads point to anything..its that we need to focus more on what we have than chase duals.  If herdman et al paid as much attention to the youth set up as they do chasing duals that end up spurning us (Morris) we would be better off.  If we paid proper attention to the kids these types of guys might already have worn the red shirt before their club situation takes off at 18.    

Agreed, but we just don't know what those players look like. We know about Morris and Jebbison and all them because they play at big clubs. Per these posts, it seems like Canada Soccer *is* keeping in contact with these kids, we just don't know about it yet. At least I do hope that we aren't aware of 19 year olds who may be playing pro ball in Europe this season before our national team does, and by the sounds of it, they're way ahead of us.

Update on Micah

Micah will be the starting CB in today's game Blau-Weiss Lohne vs Hannover 96 II

Micah turns 19 in late December.  It did not take long for Micah to take the starting position. The club is very happy with him and see big things. For an 18 year old to start on the U23 of Hannover is an important sign for us.

Again, Micah is a special player. He may be Canada's best CB right now....

You can watch the game live today at 1:00 pm Toronto time. 

https://nordfv.tv/96-akademie

IMG-20230726-WA0020.thumb.jpg.b90c5defb5ad8e7a4351bbb15eaf0555.jpgIMG-20230726-WA0019.jpg.176e361b453fb640c7cc55187112d64a.jpg

2 hours ago, Junkie said:

Update on Micah

Micah will be the starting CB in today's game Blau-Weiss Lohne vs Hannover 96 II

Micah turns 19 in late December.  It did not take long for Micah to take the starting position. The club is very happy with him and see big things. For an 18 year old to start on the U23 of Hannover is an important sign for us.

IMG-20230726-WA0020.thumb.jpg.b90c5defb5ad8e7a4351bbb15eaf0555.jpgIMG-20230726-WA0019.jpg.176e361b453fb640c7cc55187112d64a.jpg

I enjoy your enthusiasm but a kid playing 4th tier in Germany is hardly our best CB.

3 hours ago, Junkie said:

Update on Micah

Wow, sounds like he’ll be playing for the first team in no time then. I’ll try to catch a few minutes