CONCACAF Nations League 2023/2024 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yup. It would take a miracle for the CSA to convince the Men to play on that 💩 turf.

First #CanMNT in Ottawa since 1989? A man can dream!

Rumour is Ottawa was promised a game for this year.  Likely won't happen at this point.

14 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

Rumour is Ottawa was promised a game for this year.  Likely won't happen at this point.

The chances of Ottawa getting the match in November are fat and none.  And after the fiasco with the women’s friendly against NZ, fat and none would be generous.

CONCACAF friendly matches going into this window:

Bolivia 1 - Panama 2

Guatemala 0 - Honduras 0

----

CNL matches start on Thursday.

By September 13th we should have a better idea of the teams we won't play in November (those that aren't on at least on 4 points by that date don't have a great chance of finishing first in their group)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

After Amílcar Henríquez in 2017,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amílcar_Henríquez

now Gilberto Hernández

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilberto_Hernández_(footballer)

has been shot dead in Colón, Panama.

I visited in March 2022 after our WCQing match. Colón is a poor and sometimes crumbling afro-Panamanian town on the other side of the canal from Panamá City; it feels a world away from the tourists, glitzy skyscrapers and wealth of the capital.

Sad news for all of CONCACAF.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, devioustrevor said:

Considering it's likely to take 10 or 12 points for a team to make it out of League A for Copa qualifying, Curacao is probably already eliminated after losing to T&T today.

I'm not sure if I underestimate T&T, or overestimate Curacao.

Probably both. Curacao fired their coach who the players loved and a bunch of guys pulled out. That team can't get out of its own way.

4 hours ago, Metro said:

Looks like Media Pro has the Canadian rights but are unwilling to televise them for whatever reason.  As a result, Canadians are geo blocked.

I'm guessing that viewership isn't there to justify showing it. As we're finding out from other streaming services, sometimes the company is better off (from a tax/financial perspective) to not show something.

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Do you need a US mailing address and US credit card for this?

Nope. I did use a random US address but regular Canadian credit card. Deal is done through CBS Sportsline which gives you access to Paramount+ and Showtime. I used a Canadian IP for signing up to Sportsline and then used a US IP for signing up to Paramount