Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

12 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I actually saw for the first time today someone spelled it “Pulišić”. I’ve always wondered how those names worked- on the one hand, American English doesn’t have the accents to properly spell that name, but on the other hand, his family has been here so long they might all pronounce it pullisick....

Petar Žeželj deciding to be Peter Zezel in an NHL context (and by extension when he played for the North York Rockets in the CSL) was understandable enough. Having to try to explain how to pronounce that would no doubt get old very quickly, but the Pulišić family could always have tried a Rod Blagojevich approach by changing the spelling slightly rather than winding up being the ---sicks. Think his grandfather was born in Croatia so it doesn't go that far back. 

Best game of the tournament so far. Saudis played with fire in the first half and narrowly escaped getting burned on numerous occasions and then took their only chances in the second half. 

I still think Argentina will top the division as they looked good up until the equalizer. They just need to fix up the center of the field slightly.  

24 minutes ago, cornerkick said:

FIFA is definitely making a point about time wasting.... every game has had like 10+ minutes of stoppage or close to it.  They must have instructed all refs to pay attention to this...

It’s about bloody time it’s only 2022 , what took them so long? Hopefully this continues , and eventually players will realize you can fake any injury you want or take forever to get off the field but all the time theses idiots waste will be tagged on by the ref. The worst part of this sport is the time waisting and players have been doing it because they know the ref will not add on the right amount of time   that was waisted . Let’s hope this continues and the refs will keep adding the proper amount of time that was waisted going forward,  one can only hope !

Edited by SoccMan