Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

Six post fuckwit comes on the board to rail against people pointing out the fact that the Qatari government are fucking awful human beings. Hope that dirty Qatari dosh helps you improve your life when you leave the troll farm after a hard day defending the indefensible, pal.

If that was too nuanced for you, try this....fuck off with your ignorant shit. We don't need it here.

29 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

You've made 6 posts on a soccer forum devoted to Canadian soccer, all defending the Qatari government. You're doing exactly what they hoped you'd do: spreading their message that "they're just misunderstood and everyone in the west should just layoff them".

24 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Six post fuckwit comes on the board to rail against people pointing out the fact that the Qatari government are fucking awful human beings. Hope that dirty Qatari dosh helps you improve your life when you leave the troll farm after a hard day defending the indefensible, pal.

If that was too nuanced for you, try this....fuck off with your ignorant shit. We don't need it here.

I’ve made 6 posts on this website. Congratulations you can count! Although I dont post a lot I have been around a few years trying to promote Canadian soccer with season tickets with forge and York united and before that the early years of tfc with U-sector.

This is a Canadian soccer forum like you said and all I’m trying to achieve in these posts is for us to enjoy Canada’s presence because it’s been many decades since a Canadian has seen this. If you want to bitch and complain about human rights then shoot for the moon on a forum about human rights and not about Canadian soccer. 

Just now, AbuNuh said:

I’ve made 6 posts on this website. Congratulations you can count! Although I dont post a lot I have been around a few years trying to promote Canadian soccer with season tickets with forge and York united and before that the early years of tfc with U-sector.

This is a Canadian soccer forum like you said and all I’m trying to achieve in these posts is for us to enjoy Canada’s presence because it’s been many decades since a Canadian has seen this. If you want to bitch and complain about human rights then shoot for the moon on a forum about human rights and not about Canadian soccer. 

I'm pretty sure that @Watchmen and I will be more than capable of enjoying Canada playing in the World Cup, as well as many other matches at the tournament, without becoming sniveling apologists for modern slavery and the denial of basic human rights for women and the LBGTQ community.

Funny that, of all the major issues, positive and negative, that have occurred in Canadian football over the last 2 decades, the first time that you were compelled to sign up for an account here and post was so that you could shamelessly defend the Qatari government. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, though.

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm pretty sure that @Watchmen and I will be more than capable of enjoying Canada playing in the World Cup, as well as many other matches at the tournament, without becoming sniveling apologists for modern slavery and the denial of basic human rights for women and the LBGTQ community.

Funny that, of all the major issues, positive and negative, that have occurred in Canadian football over the last 2 decades, the first time that you were compelled to sign up for an account here and post was so that you could shamelessly defend the Qatari government. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, though.

Ok red, you must sleep well at night you must think we have everything figured out here in Canada or Australia. Human rights you think both these nations from the commonwealth are the standard in how to treat its indigenous people? You think Canada doesn’t have discriminatory laws for instance c21? We are a good place to be but we also have our problems so we need to becareful before we cast the first stone. This is a Canadian soccer forum not a politic or human rights watch. Coincidentally I didn’t join today to call out your arrogance I have joined a few years ago. And before this was involved with usector during the beginning of tfc, so no I’m a not new to Canadian soccer.  

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Are people memoryholeing the criticism of previous world cups? There was a lot said about the conditions in Russia and Brazil, and by all reports, the treatment of workers in Qatar is even worse. It’s not like people have suddenly woken up to FIFA’s corruption and how they chose their hosts yesterday.

It was there but definitely not to the same level.  I dont recall any monologues dedicated to the Russian Governments conduct prior to the opening match or at any point in the tourney, do you?

Implicit in this, is the suggestion that the Russian Government was a more benign actor and host. Any close scrutiny of their record (even in 2018) would disabuse that notion.

Edited by BigMo

1 minute ago, AbuNuh said:

Ok red, you must sleep well at night you must think we have everything figured out here in Canada or Australia. Human rights you think both these nations from the commonwealth are the standard in how to treat its indigenous people? You think Canada doesn’t have discriminatory laws for instance c21? We are a good place to be but we also have our problems so we need to becareful before we cast the first stone. This is a Canadian soccer forum not a politic or human rights watch. Coincidentally I didn’t join today to call out your arrogance I have joined a few years ago. And before this was involved with usector during the beginning of tfc, so no I’m a not new to Canadian soccer.  

This might seem novel to you, but I criticise the shit out of both the Canadian and Australian governments on a daily basis. Australia's had a shameful policy on asylum seekers for over 20 years. Before you come over for the Women's World Cup next year, you should definitely read up about it, tell your friends about it, even write to your MP about it. I've done all of those things. I've also had plenty to say about both Canada's and Australia's records in dealing with their First Nations people for years. I'll keep on saying those things, too, whether there's a major, international sporting event going on, or not. 

Qatar doesn't get to host the World Cup, then demand that we all ignore the repugnant shit that they do. Full stop.

Just now, SthMelbRed said:

This might seem novel to you, but I criticise the shit out of both the Canadian and Australian governments on a daily basis. Australia's had a shameful policy on asylum seekers for over 20 years. Before you come over for the Women's World Cup next year, you should definitely read up about it, tell your friends about it, even write to your MP about it. I've done all of those things. I've also had plenty to say about both Canada's and Australia's records in dealing with their First Nations people for years. I'll keep on saying those things, too, whether there's a major, international sporting event going on, or not. 

Qatar doesn't get to host the World Cup, then demand that we all ignore the repugnant shit that they do. Full stop.

Were you this vocal when Canada hosted the woman’s World Cup years back? Were you this vocal when we hosted the u20s? Are you this vocal about us and the states hosting the next World Cup? You think America should have the right to host with it’s messed up laws also? With invading foreign land for no reason? This is a slippery slope you’re on. Everyone has skeletons in their closets and this isn’t amnesty international this is the Canadian soccer forum. Bitch and complain in the appropriate channels you don’t need 2000 plus posts to know this. 

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

My favourite part is that that he claimed to have done his research and has decided that Qatar is aok. Lmfao. Nothing to see here. Move along.

36 minutes ago, AbuNuh said:

Although I dont post a lot I have been around a few years trying to promote Canadian soccer with season tickets with forge and York united and before that the early years of tfc with U-sector.

"Don't post a lot"?  You literally haven't posted at all except to work as the PR wing for Qatar.

24 minutes ago, narduch said:

My favourite part is that that he claimed to have done his research and has decided that Qatar is aok. Lmfao. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I have mentioned that I have done research on their culture and way of live prior to being awarded the cup and buying foreign teams. So I have my mind made up regarding them way before they influenced people with these projects. I also mentioned that they do have their problems too. But so did Russian, Brasil and even us and the states. Would you’re energy be better spent complaining about FIFA who awarded these games to Qatar?

23 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

"Don't post a lot"?  You literally haven't posted at all except to work as the PR wing for Qatar.

Yes I work for Qatar you’re good you got me! I think you should apply to csis!! 

look I’m not saying that Qatar are the best people and without issues. My beef is I feel that we are holding them to higher standard then the previous games hosts and ultimately us and the US. This is a Canadian soccer forum discussing soccer, I feel that this is not the appropriate place to discuss politics, that’s all. This is the first time I have my country in my lifetime at the world cup where I don’t just cheer for my parents country Portugal at this stage. Why ruin the experience? 

Edited by AbuNuh
Typo

8 hours ago, RJB said:

They've worked for over a decade to show they are deserving hosts and a "football nation" and then their true colours show.  Distasteful is kind of you, I think it was a disgrace. 

A glimpse of what will turn out to be the worst World Cup.  Maybe our boys will brighten things for us.

37 minutes ago, AbuNuh said:

I have mentioned that I have done research on their culture and way of live prior to being awarded the cup and buying foreign teams.

No serious person talks like this.

Please tell me what part of their culture is so admirable? Is it the oppression?

You are a pretty obvious troll.

Edited by narduch

Let's get back on topic, my area of expertise ;)

With the emotional investment of following Canada, and the nervousness and tension of our group, I'm not going to watch all these group stage matches from other groups. 

I remember in the past watching almost everything I could, in '94 I was up extremely late for the time differences, Brazil too, then worked the next day, I was like in cloud of tiredness and hyper-attention. This time it won't be like that, having Canada to support. There is a lead up, a match, the post match, that is enough of an emotional charge.

I'll also watch Spain.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

No serious person talks like this.

Please tell me what part of their culture is so admirable? Is it the oppression?

You are a pretty obvious troll.

Troll? What part of their culture is so admirable? Well I’m Portuguese but over a decade ago I became a troll I guess and converted to Islam. That of course has nothing to do with a Canadian soccer forum hence why I spoke out. 

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

@AbuNuh: you have stated your opinion on this matter.  If you want to continue this discussion, you are free to start a new subject in the Off-Topic Discussion thread.  Otherwise, I will lock this thread and if necessary, take further action.  I don’t want to do this but this thread should be about the football only.

Agree, no need to lock it.