CONCACAF Nations League 2022/2023 - General Thread - Group Stage

50 minutes ago, Shway said:

I brought my son, who was a little over 1. Didn’t even think about going near the supporters section...

Safest bet. Shit can happen. Smoke, overcrowding, people falling etc...

What section where you in then?

9 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I’m new to this whole parenting thing...or am I better off purchasing on the other side of the corner?

I think either you buy in the V's section in the last row at the back (that's quite safe) or if you want to be closer to the pitch you go with your idea, the front of section 111.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

35 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Looks like a great turnout for the Vs at least. Glad to see us riding the crest of our World Cup wave 

Yes, indeed!

A heads up to anyone sitting on the fence, there are currently less than 100 tickets available in the Voyageurs sections, with sections 114 and 115 completely sold out.

I'm surprised and impressed.

22 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Will be interesting to see how this game sells. I expect a lot of Hondurans will snatch up tickets, especially a bunch who will come from the states with no more travel restrictions unlike last time they were here.

God I hate that team so much 

I’m expecting around 18k. Nations league game midweek so I don’t think Honduras will bring as many as they did in WCQ. 

29 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Will be interesting to see how this game sells. I expect a lot of Hondurans will snatch up tickets, especially a bunch who will come from the states with no more travel restrictions unlike last time they were here.

God I hate that team so much 

You know you’ve been around awhile when a newbie or stranger asks who our biggest rival/enemy is and we give what seems like a completely random answer like: Honduras.  Then you spend the next 15 mins explaining why.

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I’m expecting around 18k. Nations league game midweek so I don’t think Honduras will bring as many as they did in WCQ. 

Yeah you could be right. I think having Davies in will be important. A lot of people haven’t seen him as he hasn’t played at BMO since the Panama game. Should add to the draw after the World Cup 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You know you’ve been around awhile when a newbie or stranger asks who our biggest rival/enemy is and we give what seems like a completely random answer like: Honduras.  Then you spend the next 15 mins explaining why.

I’m so glad they weren’t in Qatar. To have them strutting around would have been the worst 

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Those prices though 👀

Took a look at the prices and seating for the non-V's sections.  Wow, for a Tuesday night, it almost seems like we don't want people in attendance.

Still cheaper than TFC and a better product too. They can justify it for sure but obviously a huge jump from what we’ve been accustomed to. 

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Still cheaper than TFC and a better product too. They can justify it for sure but obviously a huge jump from what we’ve been accustomed to. 

Agreed.  I also care a lot more about the growth of our Men's National Program than I do with the growth and retention of TFC (I am a Season Ticket Member).  I would pay overpriced tickets everyday to watch our Canadian men play. 

I worry about a Tuesday night game in March and families have to decide if it's worth it to drop +$500 for this event.  Especially for people wanting to come from out of town as getting into the city is an enormous inconvenience already.

10 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Agreed.  I also care a lot more about the growth of our Men's National Program than I do with the growth and retention of TFC (I am a Season Ticket Member).  I would pay overpriced tickets everyday to watch our Canadian men play. 

I worry about a Tuesday night game in March and families have to decide if it's worth it to drop +$500 for this event.  Especially for people wanting to come from out of town as getting into the city is an enormous inconvenience already.

True and this is just the tip of the iceberg. This fight over money is only going to trickle down to the fans even more. Yet another reason the Voyageurs shouldn’t be throwing their hat in any ring until we have all the facts.