CONCACAF Nations League 2022/2023 - General Thread - Group Stage

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Might be early for starting XI talk but. based on form, and guys who are playing, I think we see this.

Davies ----------David---------------Buchanan
Kone--------Atiba-------------Eustaqiuo
Adekugbe----Miller----Vitoria--------Johnston

I'm betting the surprise call up might be Loturi

I too get the feeling Atiba and Vitoria are going to come in for the March window, but if not:

Osorio for Atiba

Waterman or Henry for Vitoria

This will be interesting to see who gets the call for RCB in absence of Vitoria.

On 1/12/2023 at 11:23 AM, Shway said:

Might be early for starting XI talk....

Davies ------David----------Buchanan
Kone--------Atiba----------Eustaqiuo
Adekugbe--Miller--Vitoria--Johnston

Not for game 1 in Curaçao!

https://www.concacaf.com/en/nations-league/game-details?matchid=626335

Apparently Raheem Edwards is also suspended for this match (according to Gareth Wheeler). The CSA obviously know who got the cards post-match but haven't shared it with us regular folks. 🙄

For our next home game against Honduras,  the CSA has yet to inform the Honduran FA where the match will be played.

Apparently the deadline for the CSA to give them this information is this Saturday, January 28th. By the end of the month, if a location isn't officially announced by the CSA, I expect we will know what city the match will be played in via the Honduran media.

Honduras still want to play a friendly before facing us and they expect that our team will be almost exactly what they faced this past June as well as our tactics to be the same.

https://futbolcentroamerica.com/amp/honduras/Diego-Vasquez-confirma-que-Honduras-jugaria-amistoso-ante-seleccion-Mundialista-20230121-0014.html

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

5 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

We'd need to flood the field in order to play the same way.

Yeah, my thinking was along these lines. It looked like our tactics were to ignore that there are clearly unplayable parts of the pitch and to keep dribbling into giant puddles that take the ball off of us.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Not for game 1 in Curaçao!

https://www.concacaf.com/en/nations-league/game-details?matchid=626335

Apparently Raheem Edwards is also suspended for this match (according to Gareth Wheeler). The CSA obviously know who got the cards post-match but haven't shared it with us regular folks. 🙄

There's a video floating around of a Honduran who took a video of the on field shenanigans that happened after the game. Raheem Edwards was given a red.

6 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Thanks for the link.

In this video, which is a compilation, we see one red card given and one yellow.

It isn't clear if the yellow is to Borjan or Adekugbe (it is to one of the two, right?!?) and I couldn't see clearly who got the red (but you are saying that is the moment Edwards got the red).

I recall the OneSoccer post match feed from a distance showing more cards than just those two.

This is the game report from soccerway:  9 yellow and 1 red (also a red for 2 yellows) to Canada 1 yellow to Honduras.

22 L. López  
4 M. Pereira  
15 D. Maldonado  
6 Carlos Meléndez Substituted  
19 O. Elvir  
14 K. López Substituted G.png 13'
20 D. Flores YC.png 59'
5 K. Arriaga G.png 78'
7 L. Palma Substituted  
12 R. Quioto Substituted  
9 R. Castillo Substituted  
Coach: D. Vásquez
18 M. Borjan YC.png 90+5'
5 S. Vitória Substituted YC.png 5'
22 R. Laryea Substituted  
4 K. Miller  
2 A. Johnston YC.png 31' Y2C.png 90+4'
13 A. Hutchinson Substituted  
7 S. Eustáquio  
10 J. Hoilett Substituted YC.png 40'
12 I. Ugbo Substituted  
19 A. Davies  
11 T. Buchanan YC.png 65'
Coach: J. Herdman

SUBSTITUTES

A. Vargas Substituted

for Carlos Meléndez 46'

B. Moya Substituted

for L. Palma 67'

E. Solano Substituted

for K. López 76'

H. Castellanos Substituted

for R. Castillo 76'

B. Róchez Substituted

for R. Quioto 90'

M. Licona

G. Mejía

W. Decas

C. Sacaza

J. Pinto

H. Fonseca

S. Adekugbe Substituted

for J. Hoilett 59'

M. Kaye Substituted

for A. Hutchinson 59'

D. Henry Substituted

for S. Vitória 59'

YC.png 90+6'

J. David Substituted

for I. Ugbo 59'

G.png 86' YC.png 90+7'

C. Larin Substituted

for R. Laryea 67'

YC.png 90+5'

L. Cavallini

D. St. Clair

R. Edwards

RC.png 90+8'

S. Kennedy

C. Brym

M. Crépeau

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

This is the game report from soccerway:  9 yellow and 1 red (also a red for 2 yellows) to Canada 1 yellow to Honduras.

Now things make even less sense because the CONCACAF report has a yellow card for Quioto which Soccerway omits.

Unlike CONCACAF, Soccerway includes a yellow for Jonathan David and a red for Raheem Edwards.

As expected, Honduran media confirm the match will be at BMO Field in Toronto!

Tuesday, March 28th.

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/fenafuth-confirma-amistoso-seleccion-de-honduras-previo-al-choque-de-nations-league-contra-canada-EL11924088

Honduras will play a friendly match a few days prior in Los Angeles, the opponent is TBD and will be announced on Tuesday but it is expected to be against Peru.

- - - -

Honduras will also have two camps for their locally-based players in February.

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/seleccion-nacional-de-honduras-partido-canada-liga-naciones-concacaf-microciclos-previo-al-partido-diego-vazquez-DJ11909028

- - - -

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

As expected, Honduran media confirm the match will be at BMO Field in Toronto!

Tuesday, March 28th.

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/fenafuth-confirma-amistoso-seleccion-de-honduras-previo-al-choque-de-nations-league-contra-canada-EL11924088

Honduras will play a friendly match a few days prior in Los Angeles, the opponent is TBD and will be announced on Tuesday but it is expected to be against Peru.

- - - -

Honduras will also have two camps for their locally-based players in February.

https://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/seleccion-nacional-de-honduras-partido-canada-liga-naciones-concacaf-microciclos-previo-al-partido-diego-vazquez-DJ11909028

- - - -

Man our federation is such trash!

I have been following the nat team since the gold cup win, and closely since the wc cycle that ended with the Honduras debacle. 

Has there ever been a period before when our federation has not been trash? Like, organized or somewhat transparent? 

9 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Man our federation is such trash!

I have been following the nat team since the gold cup win, and closely since the wc cycle that ended with the Honduras debacle. 

Has there ever been a period before when our federation has not been trash? Like, organized or somewhat transparent? 

It seems like any momentum / goodwill from the World Cup has been squandered already. As opposed to building on it, seems like they just decided to sit on their “laurels”.