Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think Koleosho is playing for us and him scoring today feels like it only strengthens that case.

But at the same time, a single goal here doesn't put him into Italian senior NT territory and the United States have already tried calling him and failed, so from that perspective nothing changes. 

Maybe what it may do (if it hasn't happened already) is alert Nigeria to him. I have never heard any talk about them calling him up (yet), but he is eligible for them. I am surprised he actually hasn't been spoken about (to my knowledge) in those circles, but maybe this goal changes that to a degree.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I don't think Koleosho is playing for us and him scoring today feels like it only strengthens that case.

But at the same time, a single goal here doesn't put him into Italian senior NT territory and the United States have already tried calling him and failed, so from that perspective nothing changes. 

Maybe what it may do (if it hasn't happened already) is alert Nigeria to him. I have never heard any talk about them calling him up (yet), but he is eligible for them. I am surprised he actually hasn't been spoken about (to my knowledge) in those circles, but maybe this goal changes that to a degree.

I think the Italian national team has a bit of a purist mentality when it comes to team selections.
Because there's no reason why guys like Udogie aren't in their team today. 

I think he ends up with the USA. 
They have a lot more to offer and promise in the long term.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I think the Italian national team has a bit of a purist mentality when it comes to team selections.

Udogie is on the Snr Italian team . He played  for them in the Euro qualifiers. Even had an assist.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Italy is recruiting players with double nationality lately with relative consistency. There's Mateo Retegui, then about 6-8 quality Argentines who are not in Europe but could be soon. Then they've sought out Brazilians recently, like Jorginho and Emerson. Oh, then Cristante could have played for us but I don't think they'd count him as nationalized. 

The lack of success getting to Qatar and the difficulties persisting with qualifying for the Euro (in Pot 4, drawn with Spain, Croatia and Albania today, very tough group), may encourage them to keep looking. Though I am not saying Koleosho is ready to offer them any solutions at the senior level, not yet. 

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Italy is recruiting players with double nationality lately with relative consistency. There's Mateo Retegui, then about 6-8 quality Argentines who are not in Europe but could be soon. Then they've sought out Brazilians recently, like Jorginho and Emerson. Oh, then Cristante could have played for us but I don't think they'd count him as nationalized. 

I hear you...but by purist, I meant Italian - Italian. Jorginho, and Retegui have Italian ancestry although not being born in Italy, still can pass for being Italian - if you get what I mean. Kean, Udogie, and Gnoto.... are born in Italy but are Ivorian and Nigerian descendants. 

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

The lack of success getting to Qatar and the difficulties persisting with qualifying for the Euro (in Pot 4, drawn with Spain, Croatia and Albania today, very tough group), may encourage them to keep looking. Though I am not saying Koleosho is ready to offer them any solutions at the senior level, not yet. 

I agree, I just think they will look for solutions from within without compromising the look of the Azzurri. 
https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/arrigo-sacchi-says-there-are-too-many-black-players-in-italy-297606

This is terrible news.... but, and this is awful thinking, probably gives us some hope.  

We can sort out a coach and CSA. He may never reach his true heights and not get picked by italy or usa. He would arguably start, even fresh off an injury for us at copa. It gives time for other usa and italy prospects to develop and take his spot..... 

All this explanation for a slim slim hope but theres gotta be a silver lining with bad news? 

40 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

This is terrible news.... but, and this is awful thinking, probably gives us some hope.  

We can sort out a coach and CSA. He may never reach his true heights and not get picked by italy or usa. He would arguably start, even fresh off an injury for us at copa. It gives time for other usa and italy prospects to develop and take his spot..... 

All this explanation for a slim slim hope but theres gotta be a silver lining with bad news? 

I hope you're right but I'm still not a fan of getting a player that will only play for us because his first 2 choices (maybe 3) did not pick him.

1 minute ago, MtlMario said:

I hope you're right but I'm still not a fan of getting a player that will only play for us because his first 2 choices (maybe 3) did not pick him.

Why not? He would instantly improve us. If portugal picked staq, we wouldve likely lost him. 

If england wouldnt have picked tomori, he would have been the all time greatest CB for canada. 

Once a player commits, for whatever reason, they can still have incredibly passion and loyalty to the team.