Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

3 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Personally I'm tired of hearing this guy changing national teams like I change my underwear. Pick a fucking team and get it over with!

Agreed. I don't mind a young player weighing his options, especially if he genuinely has affinity for each of his potential nations.

But at some point it's time to shit or get off the pot, and I think that point is rapidly approaching in this case.

30 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Do you have any inside info that he was ok playing vs Panama vs just experiencing the camp ? It's been said many time in this thread that he subsequently was with the WC  squad when we played a few friendlies just prior to the WC. 

All I said was that there was an opportunity to play versus Panama. Who knows if Koleosho would have take the pitch or not? Anyway, it all looks to be moot now.

Meh.. we got Nimmick. We can just put him on the wing. Problem solved.

In. Nimmick. We. trust. 

With Koleosho he is mad if a week or so after breaking into Italys U21's he has chosen the states. Simply can't believe that's true. He will use that system until Italy calls him or he ages/falls out. Much like Eustaquio and probably Jebbison.

Maybe it is because I never thought he would play with us, or maybe it is because he is so young, but I am not pissed at this kid for waffling and/or playing the field.  Considering the minuscule chance we had, at least he was willing to give us a look.   And after that, the fact that he seems to be wavering between Italy and the US?  Who cares.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Considering the minuscule chance we had, at least he was willing to give us a look.   And after that, the fact that he seems to be quivering between Italy and the US?  Who cares.  

And we blew the audition badly during the Iran/Panama cancelled games fiasco. BTW, was Koleosho at the camp for the games against Qatar and Japan prior to the WC?

14 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Maybe it is because I never thought he would play with us, or maybe it is because he is so young, but I am not pissed at this kid for waffling and/or playing the field.  Considering the minuscule chance we had, at least he was willing to give us a look.   And after that, the fact that he seems to be wavering between Italy and the US?  Who cares.  

I totally agree. He's a teen still, what's the rush? Then folks should remember he's done his career on his own, against a lot of odds, he doesn't have a huge infrastructure around him hyping him.

If you recall, he was thrilled to see interest from the States, was very excited in an Espanyol video about going to our Vancouver camp, he's been more sincere than cynical or calculating. Mostly. I'm sure he's getting family encouragement about Italy.

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

The way I look at it, if we had a born and raised Canadian player who was supposed to be the next big thing and he decided to go play for his mom's country of birth for some reason, he'd become enemy #1 around Canadian Soccer. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to have him play for us, but if we're really honest with ourselves, there's no way or reason that he should be playing for us. He's an American kid, and if his heart is with the US, so be it. If he picks Italy over them, that's an American problem, not ours, but in any case, I can at least sympathize with the idea of being a part of Italy's comeback generation, so if he decides to play for them, all the best. Selfishly, I hope he plays for Italy because that'll take him out of CONCACAF and I'd like to think that a team like Italy is part of the very select group of national teams that could beat out pretty much any other dual national to acquire players, even if it's a "good" team like the US. We lose a guy to Italy, the states loses a guy to Italy, Brazil loses to Italy, whatever, it's just the natural order of things. Not concerned. I hope he makes his decision quickly so we can put the topic to rest.

As everyone seems to suggest that we were never going to get him why did he even come to one of our camps? We could of brought in someone else instead. That's it, I'm not wasting any more time worrying about this. To be clear I just want players (not only picking on Luca here) to pick the nation that's in his or her heart and go with it and not decide on the nation that will be better for his or her career. I still believe that playing for a national team should be a honor and privilege (and not a way to make some extra money). I guess I'm old school. 

6 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

As everyone seems to suggest that we were never going to get him why did he even come to one of our camps? We could of brought in someone else instead. That's it, I'm not wasting any more time worrying about this. To be clear I just want players (not only picking on Luca here) to pick the nation that's in his or her heart and go with it and not decide on the nation that will be better for his or her career. I still believe that playing for a national team should be a honor and privilege (and not a way to make some extra money). I guess I'm old school. 

I think the scenario most were hoping for is that we tie him to us at the world cup, and as he grows his career alongside our national team, he develops closer ties to Canada and playing for us becomes a point of pride as much as it's a good career opportunity. I'll cheer for Stephen Eustaquio 8 days a week, and he certainly says all the right things about Canada now, but let's be honest about which shirt he'd be wearing if his career went the way he wanted it to. We have Zac McGraw who is *an American Serviceman* in case we want to make any educated guesses as to which nation has his heart, and yet he answered the call for Canada and played his minutes- I'll cheer for him too. Hell, we applaud David Wotherspoon for always being ready to play for us anytime, anywhere, and yet I don't believe he's ever physically stepped foot in Canada for reasons outside of games or camps.

I don't wanna speculate as to how Canadian these guys really feel, but we certainly have a number of players whose sense of Canadian-ness has grown the longer they've played with us, and there's an alternate universe in which Koleosho is 32 and our captain and half the country thinks he's from St. Leo because he won't shut up about how impactful his Canadian mother's influence on his decision to take up soccer and become the player he is.

I will cheer for whomever plays for us also even if they picked us because they were not good enough for their first choice country, it's the whole process that some choose that bothers me but I get what you're trying to say.

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think the scenario most were hoping for is that we tie him to us at the world cup, and as he grows his career alongside our national team, he develops closer ties to Canada and playing for us becomes a point of pride as much as it's a good career opportunity. I'll cheer for Stephen Eustaquio 8 days a week, and he certainly says all the right things about Canada now, but let's be honest about which shirt he'd be wearing if his career went the way he wanted it to. We have Zac McGraw who is *an American Serviceman* in case we want to make any educated guesses as to which nation has his heart, and yet he answered the call for Canada and played his minutes- I'll cheer for him too. Hell, we applaud David Wotherspoon for always being ready to play for us anytime, anywhere, and yet I don't believe he's ever physically stepped foot in Canada for reasons outside of games or camps.

I don't wanna speculate as to how Canadian these guys really feel, but we certainly have a number of players whose sense of Canadian-ness has grown the longer they've played with us, and there's an alternate universe in which Koleosho is 32 and our captain and half the country thinks he's from St. Leo because he won't shut up about how impactful his Canadian mother's influence on his decision to take up soccer and become the player he is.

5 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I will cheer for whomever plays for us also even if they picked us because they were not good enough for their first choice country, it's the whole process that some choose that bothers me but I get what you're trying to say.

I get where you’re coming from too, and I understand it. I think for the guys who commit, we forget about the process as time moves on. Junior Hoilett is every bit as Canadian as the rest of our guys, but he had his moment where he wasn’t sure if he wanted to play for us either. Luckily this is sports- we can be completely irrational and cheer for our guys for no reason other than they’re our guys, and we can hate on everyone else because they’re not our guys. 

I didn't want to bring this up but at a Impact game right after Junior decided to join our team I asked a person who is now in the CSA (high up I might add) how he felt about it and I must say he surely wasn't happy in the whole process that it took him to decide (similar to what I was saying earlier).

20 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I get where you’re coming from too, and I understand it. I think for the guys who commit, we forget about the process as time moves on. Junior Hoilett is every bit as Canadian as the rest of our guys, but he had his moment where he wasn’t sure if he wanted to play for us either. Luckily this is sports- we can be completely irrational and cheer for our guys for no reason other than they’re our guys, and we can hate on everyone else because they’re not our guys. 

On 10/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, VinceA said:

On 10/7/2023 at 2:48 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Absent for some reason:

https://www.figc.it/it/nazionali/news/cinque-gol-nel-test-contro-lunder-18-a-segno-miretti-casadei-oristanio-nasti-e-s-esposito-nunziata-indicazioni-positive/

Not in the lineup for Italy U21 to face Norway U21 today.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

True, thanks, looks like yesterday he was dropped from the roster last week then. 

So perhaps the US speculation has something to it.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 10/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

Saw he was named in an XI of worst premier league signings this season.. 

I saw that list, I think it’s based on FotMob score or one of those catch all stats because most of that team are just guys who signed with relegation threat teams- 4 Burnley players on that list. Koleosho was bought for what, €3M? For a 19 year old who looks fine starting in the premier league, that’s objectively a good signing and even if he completely busts I wouldn’t consider it a bad move, they paid nothing.